TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bullfighting - Would you attend if given the chance?

Should Get Out More
    Liked 450 in 338 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bullfighting - Would you attend if given the chance?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    You fuck with the bull and you get the horn....

Liked 2,512 in 1,389 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    No I wouldn't.
    As a younger man I probably wouldn't have been bothered at all, but these days I'm deffo more on the animals side.
    I'm fine with shooting pests and shooting for the pot, but that's about it.
    I have some admiration for people who hunt wild Boar without firearms (used to be popular amongst some of my friends in NZ) - (a) its for the pot and (b) there's a reasonable chance the Boar will win
    that is fucking hardcore!

you, a massive pissed off pig, and a knife!!!

nope!

Liked 2,393 in 1,163 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adamski View Post
    that is fucking hardcore!

you, a massive pissed off pig, and a knife!!!

nope!
    Fark .i would rather face the bull than a pissed off wild boar there are some monsters in the woods round our way .

Liked 6,484 in 3,687 posts

I'd side with Weeksy on this one, but the wife is a yogurt weaver so I'll have to say no.

Don't forget it's not only the Spanish, they do it in Portugal and certain areas of Southern France. I think they might even do it in certain South American countries too.

Liked 47 in 34 posts

Quote Originally Posted by melons View Post
    Conversely I've met many who enjoy them. I've watched probably over 60 Bullfights in my life (first when I was 6 years old) and wouldn't hesitate to watch another. Some are good, some bad, some sporting, others (too often nowadays) not sporting, where the Bulls are sedated for the sake of the Matadors league standing/calendar. Bad/Rigged fights are not appreciated by the spectating crowds and can destroy a fighters career. The spectators wouldn't bat an eyelid if the Picadores Horse was mainlining Heroin to cope with the stress of the persistent goring (after all it is a rather unfortunate unwilling participant in these events), but don't fix the Game (the bull).

The Banderilleros, Picadores and Matadores should and in a fair fight are vulnerable, I've seen many Bandilleros & Matadores run & a few gored by the Bull, mostly at small Town Rings around Jerez, Chiclana and Cadiz. Sadly, I've never seen a Picadore totally unseated, bloodied, unnerved and terrified yes, I'm not fond of Picadores. It is after all a fight between Man and Beast and imo the Picadore skews this too much in the favour of 'Man'. I don't like the Picadore

As I'll be condemned for this post by the enlightened Liberal Snowflakes that I have to share this Planet & forum with, I'll add in my defence (futile as it will be) that in a World of burgeoning Human population growth, the meat processing Industry has adapted and evolved to become a truly terrifying and uber efficient 'machine', where your average 'meat donor' is clinically managed and processed from it's birth to it's slaughter, it has no freedom, no joy, no 'life' as we would call it prior to it's 'Humane Slaughter' merely for a brief starring role in a lunch time 'Le Big Mac'. The Circus Animal/The Fighting Bull on the other hand is raised and leads the life of an aristocrat by comparison, it roams wide plains, fucks who it wants, is cared for and valued and whilst chances of success in it's final purpose may be unfairly loaded against it, it has at least lived a good life unlike +39Million Cattle every year that are micro processed (often caged, nearly always tightly penned), medicated and conveyor belted from teat to stun gun in the most gruesome mis-definition of 'Humane processing' we Humans can delude ourselves with, removing ourselves from the realities of the food chain merely impoverishes the Great Bull and facilitates a veil of acceptance for what is true cruelty on an immense and un-appreciated scale.

Before attacking and deriding the very small arena that is the bull fight, a timeless sport(?) which maintains, enforces, refreshes and reminds viewers of the link/price between man and his meat, take some time out and visit a Muslim Country at Ramadan when Thousands of Sheep are Ritually Slaughtered. Stand and watch as their throats are cut, as the next tied up/can't flee sheep in line for slaughter pisses and shits itself as it foresees it's very imminent demise at the hands of a smiling, proud assailant, walk the streets dyed red with their blood then take a table at a near restaurant where the waiter will gush with pride whilst sharing his joy of slaughtering 15 Sheep that very morning to help his elderly neighbours achieve their obligation and feel very very lucky if your Tagine contains Lamb rather than Mutton
    But the Halal slaughtered meat is eaten after is it not? so the animals do not go to waste. They also get a quick death unlike the Bull!

Are the Bulls eaten after the fight in Spain?

My first ever job was working in a slaughter house so i'm no hippy when it comes to the slaughter of animals but IMO it should be our prerogative as a human race to make sure the animals die in the most humane way possible.

6. The following user liked this post made by Bladez:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 450 in 338 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post
    I think the rule is that if you hate a celebrity you have to also disagree with everything they say.
    Way to go hypocrite animal torturer - I see through you!
    He is such a hypocrite, look at the way animals get tortured on programs he is involved with. Idiot abroad is the example

Should Get Out More
    Liked 450 in 338 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrTack View Post
    Fark .i would rather face the bull than a pissed off wild boar there are some monsters in the woods round our way .
    Yep, years ago went boar hunting in wopland. Found the boar, it took quite a few bullets (shotguns and hand guns) to stop him. Killing him took a bit more...

Tasted nice tho.

Liked 588 in 409 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bladez View Post
    But the Halal slaughtered meat is eaten after is it not? so the animals do not go to waste. They also get a quick death unlike the Bull!

Are the Bulls eaten after the fight in Spain?

My first ever job was working in a slaughter house so i'm no hippy when it comes to the slaughter of animals but IMO it should be our prerogative as a human race to make sure the animals die in the most humane way possible.
    I have no idea as to how you managed to miss the point I was making by an entire country mile. Maybe I should dumb down my post for the Blue Peter Crowd

Liked 47 in 34 posts

Quote Originally Posted by melons View Post
    I have no idea as to how you managed to miss the point I was making by an entire country mile. Maybe I should dumb down my post for the Blue Peter Crowd
    Maybe you should explain the point you were trying to make more clearly so us Blue Peter crown can understand your ramblings.

So your point was...?

Liked 1,143 in 756 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    Cows get killed. Much cruelty involved in both.

Not so many sequins in cow farming, mind.
    Sorry, but all I can hear is Ralph Wiggum proclaiming that he wants to go to Bovine University, and Lisa asking if they expect them 'to swallow this tripe'!!

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,191 in 2,134 posts

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    Where do you stand on cows being bred for consumption and the killing thereof?
    Stand? I have my meals seated.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,191 in 2,134 posts

Quote Originally Posted by slowsider View Post
    in a properly run abbatoir the animals are kept calm because the presence of adrenalin in the muscles tough end the meat apparently. Lining up would be like walking to the milking parlour. None of them have been told what's coming. Transporting horses e.g. to races doesn't seem to terrify them.

Stress can render meat pretty worthless.

We tend to eat a lot of meat which means they're subjected to the conditions associated with mass production. If you can find it, grass fed beef tends to be open range managed and antibiotic free.

Liked 1,277 in 611 posts

No I’d not go to annul fight.

Yes I’d ban all blood sports apart from those where rapists etc are used for medical experiments.

Yes I’d invest in mass production of lab grown meat.

Yes I’d re plant the forests and stop farming animals.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission