TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: The Royal Jordanian

Liked 607 in 373 posts

Default The Royal Jordanian

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    What's his appeal?

He's got over 1000 videos posted, over 1 million subscribers, but all he seems to do is ride around London, like every other rider.

I watched one of his recent videos entitled "It all happened on one ride" but nothing happened, other than waving at a little kid and a few cars moving slightly out of his way in traffic. A normal ride for most commuters.

He doesn't inform, he doesn't review, he doesn't even do a commentry. So why do over 1 million people watch his stuff?

Are you one of his subscribers? If so, can you tell me why?

I will say his bikes sound nice and his videos are fairly short.

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 4,285 in 2,722 posts

Default Re: The Royal Jordanian

Not a subscriber but I watch them every once in a while (his usual ones not the new 'it happened in one ride' format) they're just something to have on in the background whilst I'm doing something else, the same as the other 101 dash / helmet cam channels on youtube.

And he does review when he gets to try a different bike.

Liked 1,494 in 968 posts

Watched a couple of his reviews, but never just the random ride ones. I don't get them. Bit like BVG, when he was doing something or testing something I might watch but his general ramblings I don't bother with as I have ramblings enough of my own.

Liked 607 in 373 posts

Does he do many reviews?

I've not seen any. I tend to watch the Missenden Flyer as he does lots of reviews.

One every 3 or 4 months or so, he may do more but I generally only pick his stuff up it it pops up in the suggested videos page

6. The following user liked this post made by mrlongbeard:

Liked 1,494 in 968 posts

Quote Originally Posted by McNab View Post
    Does he do many reviews?

I've not seen any. I tend to watch the Missenden Flyer as he does lots of reviews.
    The ones I watched were for the 690 Duke and 701 Husky. Not sure how many he does.

I've watched a few of the Missenden Flyer ones and the other bloke, is it Lamb Chop Rides? They're ok but not sub'd to either.

I do sub to 44 Teeth, CarThrottle and Moto journal even though it's in French as some of their stuff is proper funny.

Liked 1,765 in 896 posts

Sometimes one pops up if it has an interesting 'incident' in it, but largely it has no interest, just like all the other hemmet cam vids out there...

Mr Fiction's vlogs were sometimes worth a watch if only to be quietly pleased that there's someone out there whose baseline anger is even higher than mine and who has an even lower ragemode trigger threshold.

Liked 1,494 in 968 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Ax View Post
    Sometimes one pops up if it has an interesting 'incident' in it, but largely it has no interest, just like all the other hemmet cam vids out there...

Mr Fiction's vlogs were sometimes worth a watch if only to be quietly pleased that there's someone out there whose baseline anger is even higher than mine and who has an even lower ragemode trigger threshold.
    Was he the one that accelerated into situations/trouble so he could shout at them or was that someone else?

Liked 1,765 in 896 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    Was he the one that accelerated into situations/trouble so he could shout at them or was that someone else?
    That's the one. Just like a lot of other pratcam owners - see a situation unfolding, accelerate hard towards it, brake hard at the last minute, shout / swear / beep / rev engine, hang around long after situation has cleared, race off down road several magnitudes beyond speed limit. Definitely not the worst culprit but worth watching for a laugh.

Liked 2,423 in 1,347 posts

Quote Originally Posted by McNab View Post
    What's his appeal?

He's got over 1000 videos posted, over 1 million subscribers, but all he seems to do is ride around London, like every other rider.

I watched one of his recent videos entitled "It all happened on one ride" but nothing happened, other than waving at a little kid and a few cars moving slightly out of his way in traffic. A normal ride for most commuters.

He doesn't inform, he doesn't review, he doesn't even do a commentry. So why do over 1 million people watch his stuff?

Are you one of his subscribers? If so, can you tell me why?

I will say his bikes sound nice and his videos are fairly short.
    I like to watch his videos because they are in London. and they are good quality. It gives me the orientation of riding on the left and also there are lots of cues to the rules of the road in the UK. I wish the guys that are doing videos in North Yorks had that quality.

Watched a couple of his reviews, but never just the random ride ones. I don't get them. Bit like BVG, when he was doing something or testing something I might watch but his general ramblings I don't bother with as I have ramblings enough of my own.
    BVG doesn't do much anymore because of 44Teeth. I used to enjoy his vids for keeping my brain oriented to riding on the left but I also enjoyed his rambling because he sounded a lot like Metz. Not so much on the 44 Teeth vids though 'cause it's loosely scripted and he doesn't seem as clever as Metz.

If these guys were American I might not bother. I already ride in the US so there's not a lot to learn about it. Of course maybe I should watch them while I'm in the UK so when I come home My mind is on riding on the right and never filtering.

I made the mistake of riding on the wrong side of the road one time in the UK. I've done it 5 or 6 times in the US after returning from the UK. A couple of times I've been hooning along and for a brief moment of panic I didn't known which side of the road I was supposed to be on.

Anyway, if anyone can recommend a vlog on riding in the North or the Southwest or Wales or anywhere there's good riding that has the video quality of RJ or BVG I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by murcan; 17-01-19 at 03:39.

Liked 1,494 in 968 posts

Quote Originally Posted by murcan View Post
    Anyway, if anyone can recommend a vlog on riding in the North or the Southwest or Wales or anywhere there's good riding that has the video quality of RJ or BVG I'd appreciate it.
    Never gonna happen. Everyone knows all the educated, talented people are in the South East

13. The following user liked this post made by Supermofo:

If nothing else RJ should be shot for popularising rev bombing

Liked 2,048 in 1,161 posts

I find myself watching them just for the exhaust note of the Nuda and the S1000r.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 2,548 in 1,730 posts

Never gonna happen. Everyone knows all the wankers who think they are educated, talented people are in the South East
    ftfy.

Liked 1,765 in 896 posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post
    If nothing else RJ should be shot for popularising rev bombing
    Riding through central Bristol at lunchtime, an SV1000 rider's method of filtering was to coast along at 30mph going "brap, brap, brap*" on the throttle.

Loud cans sounded nice but he was still a mucking fuppet.

*Apparently this is modern gangsta speak. Or it was 10 years ago.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission