TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Base layers/undersuits

At Work
    Liked 549 in 318 posts

Default Base layers/undersuits

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Hi all,

I've been looking for an undersuit/base layer to wear under my leathers. Do any of you fine lot have any recommendations? The suit is for use in hot rather than cold weather just to help get my leathers on and off. I haven't got a preference of one or two piece but I have noticed that the one piece undersuits tend to have short front zips which may make calls of nature a bit of a faff.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Liked 6,552 in 3,723 posts

Default Re: Base layers/undersuits

I've had three EDZ's.

The first was great, but started to look a bit worn and balled up. The second was even better, it had straps that hooked under your feet to stop the legs riding up and thumb hooks for the arms.... it got cut off along with my leathers at Cadwell

The third is the same as the second. Can't fault it.

I mainly use it when racing, it allows my leathers to move over my sweaty bits without sticking and clinging. They wick the sweat pretty well. When it's cold outside they make a nice difference too.

This one...

https://www.edzlayering.com/products...or-all-seasons

But I'm sure I paid a lot less, have a hunt around.

3. The following user liked this post made by KungFooBob:

Liked 6,552 in 3,723 posts

If you don't like black, half the BSB grid wear 151's

https://151s.co.uk/index.php/product...sion-clothing/

but I've no personal experience of them.

5. The following user liked this post made by KungFooBob:

Liked 131 in 85 posts

For touring in hot places.....you want a white top. Mine is marvellous when you slide the jacket off and the air can finally evaporate your sweat away. Very cooling. Black ones will just stay hot! Helly Hansen do some white ones, very few other manufacturers do.
    Always buy sizes that are smaller than you think you want....for tops and bottoms, then they stay smooth on your body and legs and work as they're supposed to.
    I've tried quite a few different types. I don't think there's any difference in hot weather under clothing or cold weather under clothing. All looks the same to me and feels the same when you're wearing it.
    I won't put leathers on without my undersuit now.

7. The following user liked this post made by ninja:

Liked 1,543 in 994 posts

I got one of these for playing football in the winter. Then started using it on the bike as it was so good. Does cold/hot pretty well and much cheaper than most base layers. Mines years old and looking tired now so going to get another. They are compression fit though so I went XL (I'm normally large in T shirts) and it takes some wiggling to get it off! But being tight means it fits under everything without being bulky and keeps you warm/cool.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001QTHB...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Edit: seeing Ninja's comment I got mine in black. My mate got a white one (for trackdays) and it went see through once he got a bit sweaty

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 2,815 in 1,693 posts

If wearing an undersuit do you still keep the lining of your leathers in?
    Doesn't it get a bit warm?

At Work
    Liked 549 in 318 posts

The one I went for in the end was this one:
    https://www.revitsport.com/en/sports...42887.html#101

It's a snug fit and does have a front fly making 'onesies' less traumatic than I was expecting. Not really had chance to use it on the bike yet but it should be fine. Thanks for all of the responses.

Liked 1,308 in 580 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    The one I went for in the end was this one:
    https://www.revitsport.com/en/sports...42887.html#101

It's a snug fit and does have a front fly making 'onesies' less traumatic than I was expecting. Not really had a chance to use it on the bike yet but it should be fine. Thanks for all of the responses.
    I'm a bit late to this discussion by the look of it, but probably wouldn't have been a lot of use as following my experience last year I'd have recommended leaving the leathers at home and going for a decent mesh suit, with just a pair of boxers and white (definitely not black) long sleeved running shirt underneath

I felt like a bit of an Ewan/Charlie wannabee wanker for a while, but the benefit far outweighed the embarrassment.
    It was brilliant in the hot stuff, which was 95% of last years euro trip for me- never had any issue pulling it off ( yeah I know ) and was so glad I went for it- my mate in his black mesh jacket and leather jeans was properly envious, particularly when we got stuck at some of the borders in 35 degrees + heat, fuck what it looks like , I'm a convert and even though I don't have the matching bike, and definitely don't fancy men, am a firm convert to the silver mesh textiles for my euro trips from here on- if it gets too cold I can always just bung a fleece or if really cold, a rain suit on

12. The following 2 users liked this useful post by TrickyDicky:

Liked 131 in 85 posts

Ah. Someone actually agrees with me about the long sleeved white shirt thing!

It's a revelation when you try it.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission