TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: 2011 Yamaha Vity 125cc Scooter

Liked 201 in 112 posts

Default 2011 Yamaha Vity 125cc Scooter

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    £700.00

Purchased this in 2014 when it had covered just 157 miles by the previous owner. Now showing 5,300 or so.

I use it as now and again (when my 400cc scooter is being serviced) to commute to work and back, which is 60 miles each way. Since I've had it the shortest journey it has done is to the MOT place and back. Even rode it to Czechia in 2015, no dramas.

Has oil changes about every 800 miles (way before recommended interval). Changed the belt at Variators at 3000 miles because I got an original Yamaha belt and rollers for peanuts).

Metallic grey in colour, couple of minor scratches (on it when I got it). Top box and added a screen blade which makes a difference. Two 12v sockets, fitted before my ride to Czechia to charge my phone and sat nav. Does 100 mpg and cruises all day at 66 mph.

Tax is £1.66 a month, insurance about £70.

Only selling this as getting an electric scooter in March (more suitable to the short journies I will do once retired

Bike currently at work in Tower Hill, London for viewing, or can be seen near Braintree in Essex.

This is priced to sell-have a look on EBay to see how much 30,000 mile ones go for.

Thanks
    Last edited by whysub; 31-01-19 at 16:52.

Liked 1,612 in 992 posts

Default Re: 2011 Yamaha Vity 125cc Scooter

How much? I can only see the Tax and Ins costs. Not what you are after. (It is too small for me - but others may wish to know price)

Liked 4,798 in 2,616 posts

Saw your note to me on the other thread. My challenge is that if there is a 125 around, my lads are also going to use it too so it needs to pass the fashion test. Unfortunately this doesn't quite make the grade!

Liked 201 in 112 posts

Bugger, never rralised i hadnt put the price-I'm looking for £700 for it.

I agree, it's not cool looking, but that prevents it being attractive to light fingered types. Just ask those who have (or did have) a Gilera Runner, Speedfight or Dragster.

It does what scooters do with minimal fuss, but in an unattractive, uncool sort of way!

5. The following 2 users liked this useful post by whysub:

Liked 1,612 in 992 posts

Now that is a cracking good price! Well worth it and as you said, looks are not everything (what I keep telling the wife about why she married me).

Liked 66 in 55 posts

So tempting.
    Picked up my CBR for the station commute when I really should have got another scoot, not the best move!

Liked 201 in 112 posts

Go on, you know a scooter makes sense.

Get to the station, park up (for free) place helmet in top box, gloves and jacket lock under the seat, and get on to the train. No carting any bike gear about with you. Relaxed snooze on the train into work.

I once got off the train and left my helmet in the rack. Bollox. The guard in the office got in contact with the next station and got the guard to retrieve it. It was an odd, relentless ride to the next station. And yes, never occurred to me (at the time) to get the next train to go get it

9. The following 2 users liked this useful post by whysub:

Liked 66 in 55 posts

Quote Originally Posted by whysub View Post
    Go on, you know a scooter makes sense.

Get to the station, park up (for free) place helmet in top box, gloves and jacket lock under the seat, and get on to the train. No carting any bike gear about with you. Relaxed snooze on the train into work
    Pretty much what I do with the CBR but being bigger can sometimes be a pain to park amongst the million scoots at Colchester!
    Also find that the riding position doesn’t lend itself to riding with a suit on, my previous scoot was better for that and also kept the weather off me.

Liked 201 in 112 posts

Not so far from you (just two stops down from Colchester). I can't stand using the train, hence the scooters. Not problem with riding in a suit!

Liked 201 in 112 posts

***SOLD***

So looking at a Ducati 999 tomorrow afternoon...

13. The following user liked this post made by whysub:

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission