TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Spin in NZ - the prologue

Should Get Out More
    Liked 890 in 518 posts

Default Spin in NZ - the prologue

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Well, it's been interesting so far. We had four days in Los Angeles staying with my brother after flying out from Blighty last week, and packed an amazing amount in. On the Friday, Leigh and I took a ride out into the Santa Monica mountains, he was on his WR250, me on a rented R3.

The R3 is a fun little bike, reminded me of a cross between the old CB250K4 which was cafe'd up and fitted with a loud pipe way back when and a GPz500. Good reminder why you don't need 40 hp sometimes, let alone 140! It was a scalpel round the twisty canyon roads and lane split through the evening rush hour with ease.

Flew into NZ y'day, had a chill-out afternoon after the 14 hours in the air and got stuck into final preparation this morning for the Shiny Side Up tour.

just picked the bike up from Yamaha in Wellington. After a bit of confusion, I have a Tracer 900. They were going to give me a Niken but there's only one luggage kit, and Dave from the NZTA / Ride Forever scheme pinched it! So I've got a bike with just the one front wheel. First impressions very good indeed!

Tomorrow we take the ferry down to South Island and ride to Nelson where our first event is being held on Sunday.

Very much looking forward to it and will keep you posted on progress!

2. The following 4 users liked this useful post by The Spin Doctor:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 2,029 in 988 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Spin in NZ - the prologue

Love Nelson. Great town, and the roads around the Marlborough sounds are ace

Should Get Out More
    Liked 890 in 518 posts

Default Re: Spin in NZ - the prologue

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
    Love Nelson. Great town, and the roads around the Marlborough sounds are ace
    I liked Nelson too, had some awesome salt and pepper squid there last year. The second event next Monday evening is in Christchurch and then we head down to Invercargill for the Burt Munro festival of biking, so with a bit of luck we'll have a bit of time to have a look around Christchurch and do a bit of exploring on the way south.

Just hope the rain and gales clear up in time for the early morning ride to the ferry tomorrow AM

5. The following user liked this post made by The Spin Doctor:

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission