TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pembrey May 25th Saturday May 26th Sunday - Phil Bevan TDs

Liked 5,396 in 2,910 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pembrey May 25th Saturday May 26th Sunday - Phil Bevan TDs

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    ^^^ Interesting. I'm under 80 kgs (and will hopefully be a couple lighter by then!) and I haven't touched the preload since I got it, I don't even know what setting its on. It feels pretty hard though. Might be interesting to check it out?

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,409 in 2,062 posts

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    ^^^ Interesting. I'm under 80 kgs (and will hopefully be a couple lighter by then!) and I haven't touched the preload since I got it, I don't even know what setting its on. It feels pretty hard though. Might be interesting to check it out?
    Skinny barstard, in riding gear I'm 95kg.
    Turns out on my 85kg nude, now I've bothered to look it up.

Liked 1,513 in 668 posts

Snap- I've never even measured the sag, or looked at what setting the rear preload is on , mainly as I know there really isn't much to adjust, and also as it's seemed pretty good to me (I'm 80-83kg without riding gear on ) but yeah I'm up for that too, will give our pit crew man some KTM stuff to fiddle with at Pembrey

Liked 10,230 in 5,865 posts

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyDicky View Post
    Snap- I've never even measured the sag, or looked at what setting the rear preload is on , mainly as I know there really isn't much to adjust, and also as it's seemed pretty good to me (I'm 80-83kg without riding gear on ) but yeah I'm up for that too, will give our pit crew man some KTM stuff to fiddle with at Pembrey
    I will whack the stand in then along with tool but won't tell you which bike I do and when lol.

Absolutely fantastic weekend of fun. Lots of laughs, lots of banter and plenty of interesting stories in the bar.

The morning saw unrelenting rain, but the weather man did say it would dry up. Tricky and Pygmy were on the edge of bailing without turning a wheel, "give it 20 mins and I'm going" but then it did actually start drying and everyone got out for 3 sessions, including one that seemed to be about 300 laps!

Lots of smiles, lots of happy people.

The zx6 worked beautifully as always, as did the other bikes of course. Alan as always was the perfect host for us.

2019-05-27_08-05-40 by Steve Weeks - Flickr2BBcode
    H8216, undefined@4.4 mm, f2.0, 1/640s, ISO40

All in all, it doesn't get much better than that.

Just got to collect the zx6 from tricky today, bring it back and get ready for Silverstone on Friday.

6. The following 4 users liked this useful post by Weeksy:

Liked 5,396 in 2,910 posts
    Blog Entries

Yep, it turned out to be a good day.
    In fairness to Tricky, he did go out and do a few laps in the rain before lunch but like Weeksy said we were very close to bailing. I'd left the 790 in the van thinking it was highly unlikely to be unloaded.
    Ended up having a great afternoon, The KTM was a real blast on track and after some advice from Tricky regarding being able to take the old harpin in 3rd It all got a lot smoother for me (relatively speaking! Had great fun with the QS and the slipper clutch and was smiled constantly all afternoon

Great company and great weekend, and Yeah, Alan always makes us very welcome.

8. The following 3 users liked this useful post by GiantPygmy:

Liked 2,255 in 1,158 posts

I haven't touched the preload since I got it, I don't even know what setting its on. It feels pretty hard though. Might be interesting to check it out?
    The suspension on the Duke is a fair bit harder than the Adventure. I've got a Duke on loan ATM and it's definitely on the teeth-jarring side. I suppose that's a good thing for fast riding though it does give a bit of an odd weavy feeling hitting bumps at speed cranked over.

Liked 1,513 in 668 posts

Yep, that was a fun couple of days.
    It started well on Saturday with a traffic jam free , ( and of course, no Severn bridge toll now either ) drive down to the good old Llanelli Premier inn in brilliant sunshine , shorts and flip-flops, and a very enjoyable night in the pub, but it all changed overnight and this was what it looked like at Pembrey in the morning- wet as an otter's pocket, as the saying goes.

We didn't bother taking any of the bikes out of the van, , and after 5 minutes of so trying to all sit under the Weeksy's pocket-sized gazebo, we retired to the clubhouse , sat out the first couple of sessions, and watched the keenies / masochists / few racers getting very wet.

I was sort of getting itchy, and although it was still very wet, the rain was now only a drizzle so I ventured out next session but I had visor trouble and was struggling seeing where I was going, and , well, it wasn't my idea of fun so in I came, and as Weeksy said, coming up to lunchtime GP and I had all but decided to bail when suddenly it stopped raining, and there was a glimmer of non-black sky- An hour or two later this was the scene- perfect!

And it turned out to be a brilliant afternoon, great fun had by all, with my last session on the 790 being one of the most fun ever.

A very enjoyable week-end all in all, and to cap it off, still another day left when I got home

Should Get Out More couchcommando's Avatar
    Liked 3,756 in 1,683 posts

Preload on yours is on full and bars are in track position ��

Liked 1,513 in 668 posts

Quote Originally Posted by couchcommando View Post
    Preload on yours is on full and bars are in track position ��
    Your memory is slipping old boy- it was one off max actually, and yeah, a tried the bars in the back postion pretty much when I first got it , but only for a day and they've back where they were ever since.

That reminds me though- ahem- owners manual? And hopefully toolkit as I learnt yesterday that it includes the exact sized C-spanner (which I don't currently have

Should Get Out More couchcommando's Avatar
    Liked 3,756 in 1,683 posts

Your memory is slipping old boy- it was one off max actually, and yeah, a tried the bars in the back postion pretty much when I first got it , but only for a day and they've back where they were ever since.

That reminds me though- ahem- owners manual? And hopefully toolkit as I learnt yesterday that it includes the exact sized C-spanner (which I don't currently have
    yeah manual is here, toolkit hmmmm must be here somewhere too ����

Liked 2,255 in 1,158 posts

Ah, Wales. If you don't like the weather just wait an hour

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission