TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: Anyone got experiences of ending a PCP deal early?

  1. #31
    Should Get Out More Claude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,780
    Like
    6,209
    Liked 1,694 in 1,003 posts

    Default Anyone got experiences of ending a PCP deal early?


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigyboy9 View Post
    Thatís a result. They valued the mini at £2k less than the cheapest on auto trader.
    When I looked with the dealer a few months back they were around £18k
    Iíve not looked on autotrader. Iím not really that bothered this is more about getting out the contract for me.
    Last edited by Claude; 13-02-19 at 20:12.

  2. #32
    Not Much To Do Craigyboy9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    776
    Like
    45
    Liked 253 in 146 posts

    Default Re: Anyone got experiences of ending a PCP deal early?

    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    When I looked with the dealer a few months back they were around £18k
    Iíve not looked on autotrader. Iím not really that bothered this is more about getting out the contract for me.
    If you sell it privately then in theory you could make enough to pay off the finance and still have some left over. If we buy any car is offering you close to what itís worth, then surely youíd get a bit more my selling it.

    Iíve decided Iím going to try to sell it in April, give it a month and if itís not sold by then. Weíll make a decision on wether to VT it and give it back.

  3. #33
    Should Get Out More Claude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,780
    Like
    6,209
    Liked 1,694 in 1,003 posts

    Default Re: Anyone got experiences of ending a PCP deal early?

    Quote Originally Posted by Craigyboy9 View Post
    If you sell it privately then in theory you could make enough to pay off the finance and still have some left over. If we buy any car is offering you close to what itís worth, then surely youíd get a bit more my selling it.

    Iíve decided Iím going to try to sell it in April, give it a month and if itís not sold by then. Weíll make a decision on wether to VT it and give it back.
    Mine needs the bumper/boot repairing and new front tyres. Iím still procrastinating what to do..
    dealer was happy to pay £18k for it but that was trading against a new one of course.

  4. #34
    Not Much To Do Craigyboy9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    776
    Like
    45
    Liked 253 in 146 posts

    Default Re: Anyone got experiences of ending a PCP deal early?

    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Mine needs the bumper/boot repairing and new front tyres. Iím still procrastinating what to do..
    dealer was happy to pay £18k for it but that was trading against a new one of course.
    I see your dilemma, of course if you want another car off the same dealer then itís not a big deal.

  5. #35
    Should Get Out More Claude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,780
    Like
    6,209
    Liked 1,694 in 1,003 posts

    Default Re: Anyone got experiences of ending a PCP deal early?

    Thought Iíd provide an update on my experiences.
    First off got a fresh quote from WBAC, for £16000 I got the bumper repaired and took it in for inspection. No major damage but lots of small stone chips. Offered £15200 which increased to £15400 when pushed.
    Iíd also seen an advert for money4yourmotors whilst googling for the WBAC address so got a quote from them as well. They came back with £16992. Guy came out and inspected. Marked it as cat 1 which is box fresh good to go. He said that M4YB never pay what they estimate, he takes pics and sends all the info back to the hq controller.
    Anyway they came back at 15800. I said I needed £16200 he went back to ha requesting £16400 due to condition etc they wouldnít budge. He requested enough to fully cover the outstanding finance but again they held firm.
    I took the offer paid the £89 outstanding myself which I then got back from cancelling the insurance.
    All in all itís ok. The reason for the drop is apparently theyíve had trouble selling Evís/Hybrids on. If thatís true or not who knows but thatís my tale.

  6. The following user liked this post made by Claude:


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission