TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: HELP Husqvarna WR250 Endruo vs Husqvarna cr125 mx

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default HELP Husqvarna WR250 Endruo vs Husqvarna cr125 mx

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Husqvarna WR250 Endruo vs Husqvarna cr125

I had a Husqvarna cr125 the bike had a few problems that needed to be sorted out such as new sprokets all bearings swinging arm etc new chain and stuff like that, everyone was saying this was the fastest 125 they have ever been on i had a kx 125 2002 and my husky was alot more powerful

I've got the Husqvarna wr250 now swapped my old bike and 220 and its nowhere near as powerful somehow

i just really wanted to know which bike is better for trails I mean obviously an enduro bike is compared to an mx but I also wanted to know what is better for going up big hills etc i only used to ride the bike on roads etc so i do not have experience on trails lol but i did take it out on a trail and it was decent to be honest

just wanted to know what bike is best for me as I can still swap back

also, does anyone know where to get a water pump seal from for the wr250 as there is water going into the engine

thank you so much and so sorry for the noobie questions but really need options thanks

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,609 in 2,193 posts

Default Re: HELP Husqvarna WR250 Endruo vs Husqvarna cr125 mx

Husky Sport will have parts for your WR if it's newer than 1990.

If the WR is running properly it will be a lot better for trail riding than the CR because of the better spread of power and the Wide Ratio gearbox, the CR has a Close Ratio gear box - hence the names.

From memory the differences between a CR and WR are gearboxes, generator on a WR, milder porting and a heavier fly wheel.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    Husky Sport will have parts for your WR if it's newer than 1990.

If the WR is running properly it will be a lot better for trail riding than the CR because of the better spread of power and the Wide Ratio gearbox, the CR has a Close Ratio gear box - hence the names.

From memory the differences between a CR and WR are gearboxes, generator on a WR, milder porting and a heavier fly wheel.

Thank you so very much for your quick reply! looks like i will keep the bike for trails then so you would say getting up massive hills will be better on the WR250 as well?

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,609 in 2,193 posts

Quote Originally Posted by DylanR View Post
    Thank you so very much for your quick reply! looks like i will keep the bike for trails then so you would say getting up massive hills will be better on the WR250 as well?
    Should be, I haven't ridden a 125MX bike since the early 90s, but you had to be in the right gear all the time on a 125 back then, a 250 had a much wider spread of power, back then 250s had 5 speed gearboxes and 125s had 6 speed.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Great thank you once again you have been a massive help!

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission