TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 66

Thread: Guzzi V85TT

  1. #31
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,060
    Like
    766
    Liked 701 in 449 posts

    Default Re: Guzzi V85TT


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    I adventure bikes and I like Guzzis but the idea of a Guzzi adventure bike is just wrong to me. Like a Harley Davidson scooter would be.

  2. #32
    Should Get Out More RiceBurner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hiding in your blind spot...
    Posts
    14,609
    Like
    3,521
    Liked 1,339 in 764 posts

    Default Re: Guzzi V85TT

    Quote Originally Posted by MsignorMartinez View Post
    I adventure bikes and I like Guzzis but the idea of a Guzzi adventure bike is just wrong to me. Like a Harley Davidson scooter would be.
    So the Multistrada is an abomination in your eyes?
    And even more so the Ducati Scrambler or the Benelli TRK?

    Actually, if we take the things Guzzi are known for: heavily built transverse engines; shaft drive; torque, but not power: which other manufacturer traditionally follows those lines as well, and yet have the best selling adventure bike of all time? Hmmmmmm

  3. The following 2 users liked this useful post by RiceBurner:


  4. #33
    Should Get Out More KungFooBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The Forest Moon of Endor
    Posts
    15,756
    Like
    378
    Liked 6,791 in 3,850 posts

    Default Re: Guzzi V85TT

    First MCN review is in...

    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-...i/v85-tt/2019/

    Doesn't sound like it's going to take the ADV market by storm.

  5. #34
    Really Bored Bladerideressex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    3,385
    Like
    287
    Liked 181 in 110 posts

    Default Re: Guzzi V85TT

    Got to say I really like that - be perfect bike for touring New Zealand and it looks pretty cool in the multi colour option!

  6. #35
    Should Get Out More GiantPygmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    21,753
    Like
    6,354
    Liked 5,203 in 2,807 posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Guzzi V85TT

    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerideressex View Post
    Got to say I really like that - be perfect bike for touring New Zealand and it looks pretty cool in the multi colour option!
    My brother lives in the Waikato and had a Guzzi 1200 sport for a couple of years - loved it but avoided the 'metal' roads on it. He swapped it for a more agile 821 Ducati Monster but is now looking at one of these as the best all road compromise (for a Guzzi fan)

    I first toured New Zealand on a GSX750 - IIRC they were 512lbs dry (233kgs) and pushed out around 75bhp with shit suspension and skinny tyres. A V85TT is a lexury rocket ship by comparison

  7. The following user liked this post made by GiantPygmy:


  8. #36
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    15,111
    Like
    1,046
    Liked 3,085 in 1,856 posts

    Default Re: Guzzi V85TT

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    My brother lives in the Waikato and had a Guzzi 1200 sport for a couple of years - loved it but avoided the 'metal' roads on it. He swapped it for a more agile 821 Ducati Monster but is now looking at one of these as the best all road compromise (for a Guzzi fan)

    I first toured New Zealand on a GSX750 - IIRC they were 512lbs dry (233kgs) and pushed out around 75bhp with shit suspension and skinny tyres. A V85TT is a lexury rocket ship by comparison
    I had a GSX750ET, it was under powered, but it did handle well for a 70s superbike.

  9. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:


  10. #37
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,060
    Like
    766
    Liked 701 in 449 posts

    Default Re: Guzzi V85TT

    Quote Originally Posted by RiceBurner View Post
    So the Multistrada is an abomination in your eyes?
    And even more so the Ducati Scrambler or the Benelli TRK?

    Actually, if we take the things Guzzi are known for: heavily built transverse engines; shaft drive; torque, but not power: which other manufacturer traditionally follows those lines as well, and yet have the best selling adventure bike of all time? Hmmmmmm
    Abomination is a stong word.

    The Multistrada is a bit off brand IMO but it is a model with some history (?2003). And the current one is said to be extremely good which kind of trumps history and brand values.
    I'm not a fan of the Ducati Scrambler. I don't know if Ducati made dirt or dirt style bikes in the distant past. Even if they did, I don't think I'd ever consider one, even if it is little more than a styling exercise.
    I suspect the Benelli is just a mediocre brand which bought the old name .

    BMW has real heritage of adv bikes. But an adv Guzzi? It just doesn't offer the things I'd look for in that sort of bike.

    TBH I don't think I'd get a adv Triumph either.

    Although I did have a CapoNord! And a V-Strom 1000! (double facepalm)

  11. The following user liked this post made by MsignorMartinez:


  12. #38
    Should Get Out More icarus1859's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Not at home
    Posts
    31,560
    Like
    2,633
    Liked 6,128 in 3,174 posts

    Default Re: Guzzi V85TT

    Quote Originally Posted by MsignorMartinez View Post

    The Multistrada is a bit off brand IMO but it is a model with some history (?2003). And the current one is said to be extremely good which kind of trumps history and brand values.
    I'm not a fan of the Ducati Scrambler. I don't know if Ducati made dirt or dirt style bikes in the distant past. Even if they did, I don't think I'd ever consider one, even if it is little more than a styling exercise.
    I think rather than it just being a styling exercise it's been more of a very successful business exercise.
    The Scrambler has sold like hot cakes, the consumer wants them like they want iphones and Ducati were smart enough to make something that people wanted.

    I wasn't keen on the Multi until my mate got the new one and I saw it this week, it's a very nice thing and rides better than almost anything else ever, it's so good that you have to wonder why anyone else bothers making anything different.
    But I still wouldn't buy one, vanity means I want something that looks nicer - so I suppose that's where your "styling exercise" comes in.

  13. #39
    Should Get Out More Taipan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boerthal's hill
    Posts
    46,468
    Like
    14,815
    Liked 9,177 in 4,775 posts

    Default Re: Guzzi V85TT

    Us serious off roaders use XTRs...

  14. #40
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    15,111
    Like
    1,046
    Liked 3,085 in 1,856 posts

    Default Re: Guzzi V85TT

    Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Us serious off roaders use XTRs...
    You're more XTC

  15. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:


  16. #41
    Should Get Out More Claude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,723
    Like
    6,068
    Liked 1,660 in 984 posts

    Default Re: Guzzi V85TT

    Er.... I like the dash.

  17. #42
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    London SW
    Posts
    3,261
    Like
    1,029
    Liked 376 in 248 posts

    Default Re: Guzzi V85TT

    Worst possible news (). It's getting good reviews, and the positives are what I want (eg comfort) and the negatives aren't an issue for me (ground clearance, power). I might end up being ten grand poorer soon, at this rate.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldK-nxb5_78

  18. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Scootabout:


  19. #43
    Should Get Out More KungFooBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The Forest Moon of Endor
    Posts
    15,756
    Like
    378
    Liked 6,791 in 3,850 posts

    Default Re: Guzzi V85TT

    The yellow/White one with the red frame I hope, the single colours ones don't look half as nice.

  20. #44
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    London SW
    Posts
    3,261
    Like
    1,029
    Liked 376 in 248 posts

    Default Re: Guzzi V85TT

    Well it's a but flamboyant for me but it does look more distinctive.

  21. #45
    A Bit Bored
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    15
    Like
    0
    Liked 18 in 11 posts

    Default Re: Guzzi V85TT

    There's a good six-page test of a yellow and white example in the May edition of Bike magazine (it gets an 8/10).

    Oh, and maybe of interest to all the KTM aficionados out there, there's also a four-page article about the factory's design team (yes, they are designed apparently!).

    A good read all-in-all this month.

  22. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Luddite:


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission