TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snetterton Easter Monday

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,409 in 2,062 posts

Default Snetterton Easter Monday

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    I'm doing Snetterton on Easter Monday, preferably on my FZR400, but could be FZ750 if the old Mondeo fails MOT (our car with a towbar)

Liked 5,869 in 3,690 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Snetterton Easter Monday

The '300' is a superb track. Some nice bendy bits for your little 'un.

Liked 5,396 in 2,910 posts
    Blog Entries

I loved Snetterton on the old 900SS, I think it was the 200 circuit but great fun

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    The '300' is a superb track. Some nice bendy bits for your little 'un.
    I enjoy the 300, on a 400 you get tons of time to line up for each bend.

5. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:

Liked 1,513 in 668 posts

Last time I rode Snetterton was 1989 when all you had to do for Russells was knock it back one gear and flick, and it only had 6 corners.

I know it's changed massively since then and it's somewhere I've kept meaning to re-visit as a trackday but never got around to it, shame about Easter Monday, as I could do that, but according to website its full

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyDicky View Post
    Last time I rode Snetterton was 1989 when all you had to do for Russells was knock it back one gear and flick, and it only had 6 corners.

I know it's changed massively since then and it's somewhere I've kept meaning to re-visit as a trackday but never got around to it, shame about Easter Monday, as I could do that, but according to website its full
    It's a very different track to how it was in the 80s, on a 250LC nearly all of it was flat out, did a trackday there in 2000 (my first track day) on a 98 R1 and it felt like two drag races with a little bit of twisty at each and.

Liked 10,232 in 5,867 posts

My old 690 is there with the lad I sold it to, say hi from me if you see him about.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    My old 690 is there with the lad I sold it to, say hi from me if you see him about.
    That'll freak him out, "Hi, I sort of know Weeksy, who used to own your 690"

Parked next to the bloke who bought Weeksys 690 (feck me, that bike was clean at the start of the day) and spent the day chatting to him, really nice bloke who's name I can't remember.

Had a great day on track, it was really hot, got 7 full sessions, last one was great as there were only about 15 people out on track.

I probably need better tyres as the old Maxxis Double Diamonds were feeling a bit loose in the heat.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

11. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:

Liked 10,232 in 5,867 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    Parked next to the bloke who bought Weeksys 690 (feck me, that bike was clean at the start of the day) and spent the day chatting to him, really nice bloke who's name I can't remember.

Had a great day on track, it was really hot, got 7 full sessions, last one was great as there were only about 15 people out on track.

I probably need better tyres as the old Maxxis Double Diamonds were feeling a bit loose in the heat.

Did it not end the day that way? I've seen pics, it was a lot cleaner when I delivered it to him. Now you know when I say clean I really mean clean.

How was the bike? First time on that layout? Good things about track and bike? Bad ones?

Your old KTM wasn't much dirtier at the end of the day than the start, I was just having a little wind up, I've seen dirtier brand new bikes.

It was my 3rd track day on the 300 layout, there'd been a car race on Sunday and there was quite a lot of cement dust out on the track, looks like someone dumped a sumpful of oil at the end of the start straight, the cement dust had the effect of narrowing the track, saw a couple of people go into tis cement, both of them decided to carry on onto the grass and then come back onto the track.

My FZR400 was fine despite having a weeping fork seal (I just cleaned the oil off after every session), I got the bike completely flat out (130ish) up the start straight thanks to a tail wind, into wind I was getting about 125mph. The Maxxis tyres were okay during the cooler sessions but weren't good in the middle of the day when it was hot.

My FZR was the oldest bike there, with the smallest and least powerful engine, but I wasn't the slowest person there, overtook a ZX9R and caught a Fireblade (with an under seat exhaust) but ran out of time to pass it. Late on someone came over and said it was a very fast novice group yesterday, it was certainly faster than the last couple of track days I've done.

I can't remember much iffy riding, just someone on a Kawasaki coming up the inside at Russell's which had both of us wondering where to go, I came out wide to let him through, which I think pushed me into the path of someone else.

The KTM690 was faster than my FZR coming out of the corner but had less top speed, it seemed to go round corners at less lean angle for the same speed. Moving it round in the pits it felt heavier than the FZR.

We were parked next to a father and son,the son was on a mini twins SV650 in Inters, which looked nice, the father was on a race Bandit 600, which also looked nice, he was in novice, following him, I could stay with him for the start of the straight, but it pulled away as the speed built up, he got faster as the day went on, as in the first couple of sessions he held me up in the corners, but after that I didn't see him so he must have been going about the same speed as me.

Next day booked is Cadwell on the 29th of June, but I may do Snetterton again at the end of May.

14. The following 5 users liked this useful post by Julian_Boolean:

Some pictures of the day on Facebook - Susan Lansdell Sports Photography, I'm in two of them, fatso on a 400 (black FZR400 with blue racing plates)

Blog Entries

Some pictures of the day on Facebook - Susan Lansdell Sports Photography, I'm in two of them, fatso on a 400 (black FZR400 with blue racing plates)
    Linky?

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Linky?
    I'm at work so can't search Facebook to copy and paste a link, but if you search Susan Lansdell Sports Photography on Facebook you'll find it, I'll paste the pictures into the thread later tonight if I have time, Pete Wileman pictures should be on his site tomorrow.

Blog Entries

I'm at work so can't search Facebook to copy and paste a link, but if you search Susan Lansdell Sports Photography on Facebook you'll find it, I'll paste the pictures into the thread later tonight if I have time, Pete Wileman pictures should be on his site tomorrow.
    I'm not on FB. I'll ask the missus later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission