TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 73

Thread: New website

  1. #1
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,534
    Like
    1,528
    Liked 1,661 in 928 posts

    Default New website


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.

  2. The following 7 users liked this useful post by rudolph:


  3. #2
    Should Get Out More Horse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Always Sunny Central Southern England
    Posts
    21,881
    Like
    2,618
    Liked 3,409 in 2,245 posts

    Default Re: New website

    "scold the coffee"

    Tsk Tsk you naughty coffee!

  4. #3
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,534
    Like
    1,528
    Liked 1,661 in 928 posts

    Default Re: New website

    Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    "scold the coffee"

    Tsk Tsk you naughty coffee!

  5. #4
    Should Get Out More Horse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Always Sunny Central Southern England
    Posts
    21,881
    Like
    2,618
    Liked 3,409 in 2,245 posts

    Default Re: New website

    Quote Originally Posted by rudolph View Post
    Hmm you could have a niche here: if it's naughty, give it corporal punishment, hit it against a suitable block the correct number of times - instant homeopathic coffee!

  6. #5
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,534
    Like
    1,528
    Liked 1,661 in 928 posts

    Default Re: New website

    Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Hmm you could have a niche here: if it's naughty, give it corporal punishment, hit it against a suitable block the correct number of times - instant homeopathic coffee!
    hehe.

    New strap line:

    "no one will ever say my English is perfect, but I do roast damn good coffee"

  7. #6
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,534
    Like
    1,528
    Liked 1,661 in 928 posts

    Default Re: New website

    Why donít you take the url and spam the internet with it - mr spam bot

  8. #7
    Should Get Out More Horse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Always Sunny Central Southern England
    Posts
    21,881
    Like
    2,618
    Liked 3,409 in 2,245 posts

    Default Re: New website

    "founder started roasting his own beans" sounds painful!

    I was reading to look for your USP, i.e. why should anyone buy from you?

    This:
    Whilst a lot of the arrival quality we have seen in previous seasons has been good, we have struggled to impact upon that quality or make improvements in the supply chain as we would like.
    Is complicated and actually sounds like potential customers should go elsewhere!

    Presumably that whole page is C&P from your wholesaler's sales guff? It doesn't come over at all positive.

  9. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Horse:


  10. #8
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,534
    Like
    1,528
    Liked 1,661 in 928 posts

    Default Re: New website

    Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    "founder started roasting his own beans" sounds painful!

    I was reading to look for your USP, i.e. why should anyone buy from you?

    This:
    Whilst a lot of the arrival quality we have seen in previous seasons has been good, we have struggled to impact upon that quality or make improvements in the supply chain as we would like.
    Is complicated and actually sounds like potential customers should go elsewhere!

    Presumably that whole page is C&P from your wholesaler's sales guff? It doesn't come over at all positive.
    You're right. It was a C&P and its really badly worded. As its not explaining the massive changes they have made the way they supported the growers which has improved the quality and fair pricing, training and expert assistance the growers get through this scheme, meaning they can grow coffee rather than coke.

    Think I'll take that down and rework it.

    Thanks

    As for USP.

    I'm struggling to get it across. But I only buy top of the line beans, and then hand roast them in small batches, it really is as simple as that. Most bean suppliers buy a mix of arabica and robusta, some commodity and some speciality. Then mix them and sell you some good and some shit. It's a really cheeky thing to do, but having spent the last 7-8years learning what's good and what's not, and how many con their customers.
    Last edited by rudolph; 13-04-19 at 12:30.

  11. #9
    Should Get Out More Horse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Always Sunny Central Southern England
    Posts
    21,881
    Like
    2,618
    Liked 3,409 in 2,245 posts

    Default Re: New website

    Quote Originally Posted by rudolph View Post
    You're right. It was a C&P and its really badly worded. As its not explaining the massive changes they have made the way they supported the growers which has improved the quality and fair pricing, training and expert assistance the growers get through this scheme, meaning they can grow coffee rather than coke.

    Think I'll take that down and rework it.

    Thanks
    No worries. It jars with the tone of other text, and undermines what you seem to be trying to achieve.

    Do you have a 'how to choose' guide, or are you assuming that potential customers will know what they want? [And WTF is a 'cup score'?]

    Any mileage in 'sampler' packs - 3 x 'smooth', 3 x 'strong' etc.? Also, how about selling storage containers, then ensuring that you supply appropriate-sized refills?

  12. #10
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,534
    Like
    1,528
    Liked 1,661 in 928 posts

    Default Re: New website

    Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    No worries. It jars with the tone of other text, and undermines what you seem to be trying to achieve.

    Do you have a 'how to choose' guide, or are you assuming that potential customers will know what they want? [And WTF is a 'cup score'?]

    Any mileage in 'sampler' packs - 3 x 'smooth', 3 x 'strong' etc.? Also, how about selling storage containers, then ensuring that you supply appropriate-sized refills?
    There are sample bags in the store, I put them down as 25g but they are coming out at 70g which is enough for 3-4 cups, but you're right I think it would be a good idea to perhaps offer a sample pack with a selection of samples in.

    I'm trying to source some containers, but I'm still in discussions with a supplier and haven't quite got there yet.

    And yes. I should explain the cup score.

    Thanks for your help. It's much appreciated in getting a review from the other side of the fence.

  13. #11
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    12,505
    Like
    961
    Liked 2,411 in 1,464 posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: New website

    "Truly Decent Coffee" just makes it sound like "massively average" or "hugely OK" to me

    How do you "prepare" your coffee? I always use a Mokka stove top, for no particular reasons other than the fact it makes single cups and it's here. I was wondering what you reckon the best brewing method is.

  14. #12
    Should Get Out More moth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hiding behind the sofa
    Posts
    31,997
    Like
    3,198
    Liked 3,142 in 1,903 posts
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: New website

    Do you sell Nescafe?

  15. The following 2 users liked this useful post by moth:


  16. #13
    Should Get Out More Horse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Always Sunny Central Southern England
    Posts
    21,881
    Like
    2,618
    Liked 3,409 in 2,245 posts

    Default Re: New website

    Quote Originally Posted by moth View Post
    Do you sell Nescafe?
    I'm sat here, acting as an unpaid marketing consultant, sipping my mug of L'Or instant

  17. #14
    Should Get Out More moth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hiding behind the sofa
    Posts
    31,997
    Like
    3,198
    Liked 3,142 in 1,903 posts
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: New website

    Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    I'm sat here, acting as an unpaid marketing consultant, sipping my mug of L'Or instant

    They sell that in Iceland don't they?

  18. #15
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,534
    Like
    1,528
    Liked 1,661 in 928 posts

    Default Re: New website

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dazzle View Post
    "Truly Decent Coffee" just makes it sound like "massively average" or "hugely OK" to me

    How do you "prepare" your coffee? I always use a Mokka stove top, for no particular reasons other than the fact it makes single cups and it's here. I was wondering what you reckon the best brewing method is.
    All constructive comments welcome, I don't pretend to be the most skilled in the art of language.

    Moka is fine, in fact you can make a damn fine cup of coffee using most methods. Filter, drip, French press, Moka, all make good coffee if you start with good beans and follow the process well. The only thing I would say about Moka is it really IS equipment dependant. Many cheaper Moka pots are made of ali, and to me they taste horribly metallic.

    I tend to use either an Espresso machine (because I have a good one) or a French press, I even have a small AeroPress which makes pretty good coffee if you are camping or even on site.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission