TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Cbf500 abs

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Question Cbf500 abs

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Hello guys

I own CBF 500 ABS 2005 and I would like to ask two questions.

What is the normal Idle RPM for this model? I 've read around 1300 +-100rpm but my bike has 1000 +-100 is that normal?
    And finally, the rear break is not very sharp (needs a bit of pressure to work), the pads are checked. Could the ABS pump failing?

Thank you!
    Last edited by nikosmen; 15-04-19 at 01:05.

Liked 1,025 in 661 posts

Default Re: Cbf500 abs

If it idles smooth and doesn't stall, I wouldn't worry about the speed. Sure the owners manual will say the correct figure and adjustment procedure if it can be adjusted.

That won't be the ABS - more likely worn pads or disc or oil contamination of one or the other, that's assuming they aren't just all like that. Do you really want a super sharp rear brake that will continuously cause the ABS to kick in ?

3. The following user liked this post made by a_morti:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Quote Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
    If it idles smooth and doesn't stall, I wouldn't worry about the speed. Sure the owners manual will say the correct figure and adjustment procedure if it can be adjusted.

That won't be the ABS - more likely worn pads or disc or oil contamination of one or the other, that's assuming they aren't just all like that. Do you really want a super sharp rear brake that will continuously cause the ABS to kick in ?
    Thank you for your reply, no it does not stall I m going to leave it as it is and will go to check the pad on a mechanic. Don't really want a very sharp rear brake, but my brake is as hard as a cars' hydraulic brake with the engine switch off if you know what I mean.

Nikos

Liked 2,972 in 1,960 posts

Bikes (with only one exception that I know of, certain BMWs from about 15 years ago) don't have servos, so work exactly the same whether the engine is running or not.

Typically, for everything else, if the ABS mechanism fails they're likely to work as just 'normal' brakes.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Bikes (with only one exception that I know of, certain BMWs from about 15 years ago) don't have servos, so work exactly the same whether the engine is running or not.

Typically, for everything else, if the ABS mechanism fails they're likely to work as just 'normal' brakes.
    Good to hear, so its probably like you said the disc or the pads.

Thank you!

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission