TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: another New (e)Bike Thread

Liked 4,743 in 3,175 posts

Default Re: another New (e)Bike Thread

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Sounds like you enjoyed it a bit. Does it turn you into an electron fuelled God?

Liked 9,764 in 5,629 posts

Quote Originally Posted by saga_lout View Post
    Sounds like you enjoyed it a bit. Does it turn you into an electron fuelled God?
    They do, they really do.

At BPW i went to follow Couch on a section, but within about 30m he was that far ahead i just thought "Sod that"...

I then tried his and the 0-15mph is BLAM it's instant

Liked 4,743 in 3,175 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    They do, they really do.

At BPW i went to follow Couch on a section, but within about 30m he was that far ahead i just thought "Sod that"...

I'm 70 years old now. I might consider one soon when I can't get up the hills. Maybe another ten years or so.

Liked 387 in 220 posts

Quote Originally Posted by saga_lout View Post
    hell yeah

I rode the red trail at FoD, the first section is climb climb climb a couple of table tops and then climb climb climb again, that normally takes me about 30 mins with a few stops to get the HR down a bit, last night was to the top in about 15 mins with only stopping a couple of times when I got caught out by the tree roots.

While riding it at the trail centre is fun, it's not really what I've bought it for. There's loads and loads of little unofficial trails dotted all over the forest and I've been getting out to ride those more over this winter. The motor will give me the range to get to the trails and do a few runs in one outing rather than just one or two.

it's the best fun I've ever had on 2 wheels, even better than when I used to ride enduro bikes

5. The following user liked this post made by tafflade:

Should Get Out More couchcommando's Avatar
    Liked 3,586 in 1,634 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    They do, they really do.

What was really interesting when I followed you on the downhill was how much you were pedalling when I wasn’t, I was in the brakes a lot behind you, apart from my bike being heavier I’ve no idea why it closed so quick and maintained it’s speed, it could be I carried more speed but I was so close to your back wheel most of the time we were cornering and jumping at the same speed but on the slopes I had to brake to not run into you. The ebike though is mega stable but still quick turning, I like the feel of the bike being substantial even if the motor isn’t needed on most of what we did.

Should Get Out More the phantom pieman's Avatar
    Liked 1,133 in 748 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by couchcommando View Post
    What was really interesting when I followed you on the downhill was how much you were pedalling when I wasn’t, I was in the brakes a lot behind you, apart from my bike being heavier I’ve no idea why it closed so quick and maintained it’s speed, it could be I carried more speed but I was so close to your back wheel most of the time we were cornering and jumping at the same speed but on the slopes I had to brake to not run into you. The ebike though is mega stable but still quick turning, I like the feel of the bike being substantial even if the motor isn’t needed on most of what we did.
    isn’t that just down to momentum? On road down hills I overtake everyone because I weigh more ...

Liked 9,764 in 5,629 posts

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom pieman View Post
    isn’t that just down to momentum? On road down hills I overtake everyone because I weigh more ...
    Well i'm heavier than him, not by massive amounts but maybe enough to outweigh a chunk of him and his bike compared to me and mine... If we assume mine is say 10kg less than his... i'm 5-7kg at a guess lighter, so it's minimal in weight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission