TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: eBay on an ipad

Liked 1,010 in 437 posts

Default eBay on an ipad

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Just recently Iíve had to sign into eBay every single time I look at it on my iPad, this is new and very irritating, all the cookies and options are set to tell it to remember me on this iPad, this bit now seems broken forcing me to type full login details each time.
    i canít seem to find a solution, anyone noticed this issue?

Liked 6,682 in 3,790 posts

Default Re: eBay on an ipad

Can you not just use the ebay app?

btw, my Ebay was hacked about 20mins ago, they listed an Amazon Echo, the bastards.

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,012 in 1,815 posts

Stop buying shit you don't need?

Liked 2,448 in 1,511 posts

Two options that work for me.

1. Use Firefox which will automatically log you in. If you don’t want to log in use another tab. Firefox allows you to edit passwords. Clear at the end of the session.

2. There is a built in Password filler for IOS on iPad and iPhone. Go to Settings - Passwords. Add, delete, amend, turn on or off auto. You have to answer your iPhone or iPad pass to confirm password entry for each site you visit.

I’m always wary of apps that want passwords. Easily scraped.

Liked 568 in 338 posts

update the ebay app on the ipad?

Liked 1,010 in 437 posts

Ah, I didn’t specify that it’s on a tab in safari, don’t have issues with any other sites, and eBay itself was fine until a few days ago.
    Dont use the app, I hate it, don’t use any of these apps as they don’t give a full desktop version of the site- eBay especially and I’ve always had a loathing of ‘mobile’ views.

I tried Firefox on the iPad but found it curiously awkward to use, all the more disappointing as that’s my standard browser on the pc.

Liked 1,272 in 897 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Monstyr View Post
    Ah, I didnít specify that itís on a tab in safari, donít have issues with any other sites, and eBay itself was fine until a few days ago.
    Dont use the app, I hate it, donít use any of these apps as they donít give a full desktop version of the site- eBay especially and Iíve always had a loathing of Ďmobileí views.

I tried Firefox on the iPad but found it curiously awkward to use, all the more disappointing as thatís my standard browser on the pc.
    It's a privacy upgrade by Apple, they want to stick it to companies that make money out of tracking browsing activity and don't really give a toss about their users who like the benefits cookies bring. Funnily enough they recently quietly reversed a similar privacy upgrade with no explanation so maybe they found a way to make money for themselves out of it.

Liked 1,181 in 878 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Monstyr View Post
    Ah, I didn’t specify that it’s on a tab in safari, don’t have issues with any other sites, and eBay itself was fine until a few days ago.
    Dont use the app, I hate it, don’t use any of these apps as they don’t give a full desktop version of the site- eBay especially and I’ve always had a loathing of ‘mobile’ views.

I tried Firefox on the iPad but found it curiously awkward to use, all the more disappointing as that’s my standard browser on the pc.
    Use Chrome and make sure your iOS is up to date

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission