TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thursday Thread

Liked 5,396 in 2,910 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Thursday Thread

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    I'm escaping the office early afternoon and heading home to get the KTM out and go for a bimble before picking Mrs GP up from work and sitting in the garden with a G&T (or 2)

Tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday - garden , garage and vehicle stuff. Might go out and look for a new car for Mrs GP if I see anything interesting and deffo get out for some fun on the KTM

Monday - take No.1 son back to HMS Collingwood after 2 weeks Leave. We might go via Portsmouth for a look around the old ships etc..

So what are you all up to?

2. The following user liked this post made by GiantPygmy:

Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Liked 2,605 in 1,142 posts

Default Re: Thursday Thread

Work today.
    Friday - Out to a local National Trust place for an Easter Egg hunt with the family and some friends. Fish and chips for tea.
    Saturday - Fly to JFK. Setting up for a tradeshow in Secaucus, New Jersey. Out there for 6 nights.

4. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Derek Badger:

Liked 5,857 in 3,683 posts
    Blog Entries

Off out on Enduro bikes in half hour, with Manu. He's just 16 and crazy. We're off into the big sand dunes, where we dare each other to go up and down various stuff. He generally wins

If I was 16, I'd be doing what he does. He thinks "I can get up there". I Think "That'll fucking hurt"

6. The following 4 users liked this useful post by Yorick:

Liked 9,695 in 5,057 posts

I finished yesterday and don't go back until next wednesday! Anyway, today fitting a new crank position sensor and heater matrix to my Daughters Corsa. Then strimming and cutting the lawns as we have family over for BBQ tomorrow.

Saturday and Sunday lazing about. Going out for a few roof down drives, probably stop at a country/coastal pub somewhere.

Monday meeting my sister and her new man in one of the Old Leigh Pubs for drinks. It'll be fecking mobbed if its a sunny bank holiday!

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    He's just 16 and crazy. We're off into the big sand dunes, where we dare each other to go up and down...
    * Grooming. Reported.

9. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Derek Badger:

Liked 1,804 in 1,109 posts

Today: Catching up with WFH as been off work for 1 1/2 weeks. Then to Maundy Thursday service and reflections tonight.
    Friday: Walk of Witness and then Stations of the Cross reflections and more.
    Saturday: Whatever the wife decides
    Sunday: Preaching at Easter Sunday service (with baptism too!) and looking forward to doing the roast leg of lamb and roast potatoes! Must get decent bottle of red to go with that!

Liked 1,024 in 443 posts

I’m taking the sport classic for it’s mot in an hour or two, with a possible view to selling it this year.
    I also suggested a family walk to the top of Ben lomond this weekend, the first Munro for my Mrs and my youngest.
    Othwise I’ll be tinkering with sunbeam electrics when I get time.

12. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Monstyr:

Quote Originally Posted by Monstyr View Post
    I also suggested a family walk to the top of Ben lomond this weekend, the first Munro for my Mrs and my youngest.
    That'll be gorgeous this weekend. I've only seen it from below, used to go to Balmaha pike fishing on a regular basis. Climbed Conic Hill once but never Ben Lomond.

Liked 1,921 in 992 posts

Working in Brizzle today. Taking over support of a legacy project that has no documentation from someone in Wokingham who is on his last day today and who isn't responding to skypes or emails, which is likely to be fun... Had anticipated a very quiet day and an early finish to cook dinner which is now likely to go to pot and upset the wife.

Keep considering the possibility that I might eat some food, every time I start to get hungry my wonderful digestive system reminds me why I'm still not eating.

Tonight - cook chicken fried rice (if I get home in time) then toddler bedtime, then chill out with Netflix.

Tomorrow - replace front springs and top mounts on the 207, investigate the dodgy fuel cap with a multimeter, look at the dodgy ABS sensor on the Elgrand, consider taking it to a local motorhome dealer to get a rough idea of what it might be worth on the private market.

Tomorrow night - cook dinner then studio night, probably download some techno and plan a new set, bit of writing, maybe beer up and watch Grand Tour which I've got behind on.

Sat/Sun/Mon - no solid plans, weather is supposedly good on Sat/Sun so might take the wife and child out, or might just enjoy a couple of days at home. Might try to give the wife a day in the studio while me and child watch Disneys, in return I might get a day in the workshop to sort out all my RC shizzle for the big extravaganza next weekend.

Mon PM - buddy coming over for takeaway, trash-talking and Cards Against Humanity tournament. He's pretty much the unbeaten champion so I need to up my game. Should have a late drunken two hours alone while the wife drives him home.

Hope y'all have a great one

15. The following user liked this post made by Mad Ax:

Liked 1,024 in 443 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Badger View Post
    That'll be gorgeous this weekend. I've only seen it from below, used to go to Balmaha pike fishing on a regular basis. Climbed Conic Hill once but never Ben Lomond.
    Ive realised the last time I went there was with monstyrette when she was 14. -- 12 years ago!, my fitness may have, ....mellowed since.

Liked 678 in 277 posts

Birthday today. Taking it easy, receiving guests and presents throughout the day, then going to watch Brian Cohen on the big screen. Apparently he's not the messiah?

18. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Clanktank:

Liked 7,182 in 4,051 posts

I'm at Dell EMC in Manchester today, then fuck all planned for the rest of the Bank Holiday, just how I like it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,401 in 2,057 posts

Friday - Riding my FZ750
    Saturday - Riding my FZ750
    Sunday - Riding my FZ750
    Monday- Trackday on my FZR400

That's my plans for the weekend, also to be added in is trailer assembly, fixing the misfire on the Mondeo and mowing the grass.

21. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Julian_Boolean:

Liked 3,277 in 2,164 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clanktank View Post
    Birthday today. Taking it easy, receiving guests and presents throughout the day, then going to watch Brian Cohen on the big screen. Apparently he's not the messiah?

Ver appropriate for the time of year

I finished Tuesday afternoon.

Yesterday morning helping a mate wrangling a load of teenagers make a zombie film, afternoon starting to trash a 15 year old wooden climbing frame and swing. Foal has outgrown it a tad, and we want to plant a tree there.

Today, finishing trash, then same mate collecting timber for his chilies.

Tomorrow/SatSun, away with Filly, 21st wedding anniversary (actually last week, but it was Easter), leaving Foal in charge.

Have a good weekend folks

Liked 292 in 221 posts

Got a cheap ticket for me and smethurst minor to naaaridge - seeing my mum.
    Tomorrow quick run out to the tea hut with a couple of mates and working sat - possible picnic Sunday- weather is perfect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission