TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jerez MotoGP

At Work
    Liked 823 in 295 posts

Default Re: Jerez MotoGP

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    What was looking like the closest season ever is not looking so good now.
    Yamaha are hanging on , Lorenzo will take time so that leaves Suzuki and
    Ducati. Rins will be there abouts but i don't think a tittle contender so that leaves
    Dovi . I can only see Dovi challenging Marquez much like last year.

Liked 5,199 in 2,807 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by khd View Post
    What was looking like the closest season ever is not looking so good now.
    Yamaha are hanging on , Lorenzo will take time so that leaves Suzuki and
    Ducati. Rins will be there abouts but i don't think a tittle contender so that leaves
    Dovi . I can only see Dovi challenging Marquez much like last year.
    Hmm, early days. There's only 9 points covering the top 4 and most will have a DNF at some point. Problem is, Marqueuz is top and has had a DNF

Liked 23 in 22 posts

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    Marqueuz is top and has had a DNF
    Which begs the question why would Lorenzo join him ? Unless he greatly overestimates his ability he knows he's no chance against Marquez and if he got close Honda would have to turn his power down to ensure they did not split the points and let Dovi in.

Dani was just perfect at back protector for Marc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sadlonelygit View Post
    He was second quickest at one point in FP. So obvious the bike could do it,.
    Everybody got quicker after FP2, Lorenzo didn't.

Some quotes from the man on Motorsport.com:

The three-time champion finished the Jerez race in 12th place, beaten by all three of his fellow Honda MotoGP regulars as well as wildcard Stefan Bradl.“I cannot be happy about my race, obviously,” Lorenzo said. “I cannot be enthusiastic. The only thing is to be sad, to be disappointed and to be worried.

“Obviously I am going to keep going, we have an important test [at Jerez post-race] with many things to test with the wish that some of them will give us some more speed.
    “It is a difficult time for me but I will keep going positive and [that] is the only mentality that I can have.
    “You can see my face, it is not a happy face - this has a reason, I don't like to make a race like today because I put everything on the track but I could not go faster.
    “I don't like the position, I don't like the situation but I think I am a champion and champions keep fighting until they find a solution, and I will find a solution.”
    Lorenzo had lost position at the start of the race, but doesn't believe having to ride in the middle of the pack early on made a big difference to the outcome of his Spanish GP.
    The Honda rider, who is struggling with corner entry on his new RC213V, conceded that he was simply not quick enough at Jerez.
    “If I would have started second row or first row, I would have more free track, probably in first three or four laps I would be faster,” he said.
    “But the truth is that when I was alone in 14th position I had no pace, I did not feel comfortable on the bike and I was slow.
    “If you are fast you recover positions but I could not do it because I was not competitive enough.”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hilldweller View Post
    Which begs the question why would Lorenzo join him ? Unless he greatly overestimates his ability he knows he's no chance against Marquez and if he got close Honda would have to turn his power down to ensure they did not split the points and let Dovi in.

Dani was just perfect at back protector for Marc.
    I think the answer to that was more about him pressing the panic button to escape from Ducati? I mean, its not like he could join someone like Honda and not be fast from day 1 is it?

Looks like history repeating itself.

Blog Entries

Seems KTM are not impressed with Zarco

From Motorsport.com

KTM CEO Stefan Pierer has labelled new signing Johann Zarco's initial performances in 2019 as "simply unacceptable", while suggesting the Frenchman's current MotoGP struggles are "psychological" in nature.

Zarco, who was aggressively courted by KTM after impressing right away on the Tech 3-run satellite Yamaha following his arrival to MotoGP, has been unable to replicate his form since joining forces with the Austrian manufacturer on an initial two-year deal.

He has amassed just seven points from the first four races of 2018 and has not yet managed to gel with the RC16 bike, which has left him reliably trailing teammate Pol Espargaro.
    “Johann's performance is simply unacceptable,” Pierer told Motorsport.com in an exclusive interview at Jerez. “He's having issues, but it's a psychological thing of his own.

“Recently he split with his life-long agent [Laurent Fellon], the man who placed him where he currently is.
    “The people surrounding him now are creating more complications than anything else.
    “At this level of competition, the last step is always psychological. Besides, he has to accept that our bike isn't a Yamaha, with its inline four cylinders [as opposed to KTM's V4 engine configuration].
    “I myself will push him until he delivers at the level appropriate to our goals, that is for sure.”
    After four races, KTM sits last of the six brands in the manufacturers' standings with 21 points, which is seven points more than it had at this stage in 2018.
    All of its points have come from Espargaro, who has been the highest-placed of the four KTM rider in each race so far.
    Pierer, who believes the RC16's gains are bigger than the results have suggested so far, has also indicated he's been buoyed by the premier class debut of Miguel Oliveira, who is riding for KTM's new satellite outfit Tech 3 and has just been handed a contract extension.
    “I think our expectations in MotoGP will be accomplished in our third year, but the progress is bigger than what the points show,” he said.
    “As I said, the disappointment is Zarco, he isn't up to it. On the other hand, I am very happy with Oliveira.”
    Pierer has also voiced his dissatisfaction with the current state of KTM's Moto2 programme, with the Austrian bikes generally struggling in the intermediate class and yet to score a podium since the off-season switch to a new engine formula.
    “I’m very mad with our Moto2 project. I mean that regarding the development of the bike,” Pierer said. “I’m not referring to our riders because we have Brad Binder, the best of the category.

“In [the next race at] Le Mans we will be able to see a step forward in terms of material.”

Liked 5,521 in 3,453 posts
    Blog Entries

It's never wise to wash dirty laundry in public.

Even The Fish got a slating last week.

Liked 9,857 in 5,681 posts

Wow, that's very straight talking!!!

Liked 5,521 in 3,453 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    Wow, that's very straight talking!!!
    He's pumping big millions in and wants results.

Liked 1,456 in 757 posts

Everybody got quicker after FP2, Lorenzo didn't.
    He was going well in FP3. At one point he broke Cal's old lap record and went top, the problem was everyone down to 15th place broke the record, he was left in 10th place. He was a tenth slower in Q2 finishing in 11th and that was that, his race pace was a bit rubbish.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    He was going well in FP3. At one point he broke Cal's old lap record and went top, the problem was everyone down to 15th place broke the record, he was left in 10th place. He was a tenth slower in Q2 finishing in 11th and that was that, his race pace was a bit rubbish.
    Yep, and he's being completely open and honest about it. Honda won't give him the time Ducati did but I think everybody has learned from that one. A fast Lorenzo makes for more interesting MotoGP IMO so I hope he gets it sorted.

12. The following 2 users liked this useful post by GiantPygmy:

Liked 1,623 in 1,053 posts

Seems KTM are not impressed with Zarco

From Motorsport.com
    There's a tweet from a French company (canal+ I think) showing a video of Zarco in the pits after the crash. He can be heard saying something along the lines of not being able to follow his line with this 'F*ucking s*it chassis and f*ucking s*it engine'. Looking doubtful he'll see the year out as clearly neither KTM nor Zarco are happy.

Liked
    2/1

Zarco wasn't good this time. Sometimes racers need more luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission