TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bennetts of Barnsley

Liked 1,651 in 1,076 posts

Default Re: Bennetts of Barnsley

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Prilla Pegaso? That's an XT as well I believe, but then you are in the realms of Italian parts supply...

On second thoughts buy an XT

2. The following user liked this post made by Supermofo:

Liked 1,716 in 1,053 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    I have indeed thought of an MT-03. Not too sure on the looks and would deffo prefer a XTX, but its a maybe. I'm really warming to the NCX, but I always seem to be in the vibey zone and keep getting really numb fingers. Shame cos its damn good at what it does and I like things that are good at what they are supposed to do. I'm sure my 750 was a lot smoother than the 700. which having a balancer shaft thatthe 700 doesn't is quite possible. Might look at a 750...
    750 is smoother. I've noticed vibes as well, but have good circulation. Besides I'm waving my hands at people all the time (sign language for the hearing) when riding.

4. The following user liked this post made by Makman:

Liked 6,900 in 3,901 posts

If you can find anything at Via-Moto Sheffield, I can go look in my lunch hour, it's 0.2 mile from my office

6. The following user liked this post made by KungFooBob:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,992 in 2,285 posts
    Blog Entries

I have indeed thought of an MT-03. Not too sure on the looks and would deffo prefer a XTX, but its a maybe. I'm really warming to the NCX, but I always seem to be in the vibey zone and keep getting really numb fingers. Shame cos its damn good at what it does and I like things that are good at what they are supposed to do. I'm sure my 750 was a lot smoother than the 700. which having a balancer shaft thatthe 700 doesn't is quite possible. Might look at a 750...

Have you considered other grips? I prefer the fatter old Triumph style or their modern equivalents. Can't remember the brand name OTTOMH. Better for damping vibes and your hands aren't as clenched.

8. The following user liked this post made by cheb:

Liked 9,343 in 4,861 posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    Have you considered other grips? I prefer the fatter old Triumph style or their modern equivalents. Can't remember the brand name OTTOMH. Better for damping vibes and your hands aren't as clenched.
    Couple of people recommended grip puppies and mine has bar end sliders instead of bar end weights, so there is some improvements to be made. I probably will do this, as I far from dislike the NCX, in fact it makes perfect sense for my commute. Plus, i'm kinda pondering whether to take a punt on the XTX with the exhaust blow. There is every chance I could get the nuts off to fix it and people keep telling me a stud broken in the head is far from the end of the world. So that could be a project whilst i carry on riding the NCX? A couple of XTXs have come up but there always so far away, and i really CBA with 5-600 mile round trips anymore.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,992 in 2,285 posts
    Blog Entries

Beston are one of the makes.

Liked 9,941 in 5,733 posts

Couple of people recommended grip puppies and mine has bar end sliders instead of bar end weights, so there is some improvements to be made. I probably will do this, as I far from dislike the NCX, in fact it makes perfect sense for my commute. Plus, i'm kinda pondering whether to take a punt on the XTX with the exhaust blow. There is every chance I could get the nuts off to fix it and people keep telling me a stud broken in the head is far from the end of the world. So that could be a project whilst i carry on riding the NCX? A couple of XTXs have come up but there always so far away, and i really CBA with 5-600 mile round trips anymore.
    I do get confused every time you look for the worst possible examples of a particular bike on the market

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    I do get confused every time you look for the worst possible examples of a particular bike on the market
    I dont do well with nice versions either!

I dont do well with nice versions either!
    But at least you'd be giving yourself a fighting chance then ? Instead of starting off with a bloody donkey.

But at least you'd be giving yourself a fighting chance then ? Instead of starting off with a bloody donkey.
    Aye, but for me I start to ruin a bike from the moment i get it. They are commuter hacks and nothing else. Its why I generally dont keep them long, regardless of how reliable they are, as I put too many miles on them. I may use that as an excuse as well though. But buying something and knocking into shape is normally quite enjoyable for me and gets me out from in front of the TV, and you sort of connect with a bike more when you've had that sort of input with it. Riding a bike you do nothing but turn the key on is fine, but less involving. Think about back when you bought that old dog of a Kwak and polished it into something worth having. Its the same for me doing minor jobs on a bike, iyswim? Plus every time I put big coin into a bike i just worry about every knock and scratch, and when parking in central London, that's pretty hard to avoid.

Aye, but for me I start to ruin a bike from the moment i get it. They are commuter hacks and nothing else. Its why I generally dont keep them long, regardless of how reliable they are, as I put too many miles on them. I may use that as an excuse as well though. But buying something and knocking into shape is normally quite enjoyable for me and gets me out from in front of the TV, and you sort of connect with a bike more when you've had that sort of input with it. Riding a bike you do nothing but turn the key on is fine, but less involving. Think about back when you bought that old dog of a Kwak and polished it into something worth having. Its the same for me doing minor jobs on a bike, iyswim? Plus every time I put big coin into a bike i just worry about every knock and scratch, and when parking in central London, that's pretty hard to avoid.
    I get that, of course i do. But still feel something in the middle of the road may suit better, less than skyhigh miles, less than already having problems, less than rusted to fuck already. So not exactly a minter, but one you actually have a decent chance if it being decent from the start. There's a difference between involving and fucked already
    You were unfortunate with the KTM i get that... but some of the others you seem to be starting from a losing position before even collecting.

Liked 1,453 in 647 posts

This is what you need I reckon- should satisfy all your criteria, decent nick and not going to require you to dip your hand in your pocket or try and fix years old bodges but with a few battle so you wouldn't be too worried about massively devaluing it.

If it were me, I'd wait till the end of the auction and the winner bidder hasn't come through, as he sounds as though he's probably had a bit of experience of that already, and offer him 3k

I get that, of course i do. But still feel something in the middle of the road may suit better, less than skyhigh miles, less than already having problems, less than rusted to fuck already. So not exactly a minter, but one you actually have a decent chance if it being decent from the start. There's a difference between involving and fucked already
    You were unfortunate with the KTM i get that... but some of the others you seem to be starting from a losing position before even collecting.
    You may remember my bike history better than I do!? I dont recall buying that many rusty, high miles bikes tbh, thats normally how i sell them after I've finished with them! Not saying your wrong mind, just dont remember them?

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyDicky View Post
    This is what you need I reckon- should satisfy all your criteria, decent nick and not going to require you to dip your hand in your pocket or try and fix years old bodges but with a few battle so you wouldn't be too worried about massively devaluing it.

If it were me, I'd wait till the end of the auction and the winner bidder hasn't come through, as he sounds as though he's probably had a bit of experience of that already, and offer him 3k
    Thats a very good call. Higher rev limit for a start, so a bit more involving than the NCX. Not something i'd really considered despite knowing a few people that had them as loaners an liked them.

Liked 5,592 in 3,503 posts
    Blog Entries

Fuck, this is like a ...........................

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission