TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Ready for a bonfire........

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Ready for a bonfire........

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    F99B0C0A-DB8D-47D4-9EA5-FB662E0ADD69.jpgHi, I have a Yamaha MT03 660 a 5YK bike on an 07 plate.
    The bike was bought in a bit of a sorry state, nothing to serious, just unloved and was to be a weekend project and eventually to take me on the 5 mile blatt to work.
    When the bike arrived everything on the bike worked, with the exception of the brake light. After a little investigation I discovered that the wiring loom was cheese, melted in several places with crude repairs.
    After discovering that Yamaha no longer produce this part, I managed to find a ‘new’ loom online. The loom arrived in its Yamaha bag looking like it had never been fitted and I was confident that this would be the answer to my problems..... but no! Now I have a flashed fault code 53, telling me that the ECU is not receiving a signal from the immobiliser, possible causes 1. Faulty immobiliser, 2. Faulty ECU, 3. Faulty wiring.
    I managed to source a known to be working ECU immobiliser and ignition which once plugged into my new loom, gave the same fault code, I then downloaded the wiring diagram and located the signal wire between the immobiliser and the ECU, this also checks out for continuity.
    I am at a dead end so any help or suggestions would be appreciated, in order to stop me burning it! ��
    Many Thanks,
    Simon

At Work
    Liked 97 in 83 posts

Default Re: Ready for a bonfire........

Was the loom you bought online the same part number as the original? AFAIK the 5YK2 and 5YK2 shared identical electrical harnesses but I'd want to double check. Sorry I can't be more helpful but I tend to plod when it comes to electrics.

3. The following user liked this post made by dayglo jim:

Liked 1,101 in 717 posts

Sounds likely the loom is for one with an immobiliser and your bike doesn't have one?

On cars you often have to relearn the ECU as there is a resistor of a fixed value somewhere (ignition switch maybe) which has to match as a checksum in the ECU.

At that point you are into dealer scan tools.

Should Get Out More Screwdriver's Avatar
    Liked 5,930 in 2,777 posts

So you replaced the entire wiring loom to fix a brake light?

...and now you'd like to know how to circumvent the immobiliser?

Put the original harness back and splice in a new wire for the brake light.

6. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Screwdriver:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Me to, I would rather rebuild the engine than mess with the spaghetti ....the replacement loom was 5YKH25900200. I was told by Yamaha that ether the 00100 or 00200 would work. The original loom part number was illegible.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission