TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Cadwell 1st July

  1. #1
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    15,780
    Like
    1,179
    Liked 3,393 in 2,051 posts

    Default Cadwell 1st July


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Booked Cadwell for the 1st July Lower Group
    As I'd already booked to do the Classic Bike Trackday the day before it (sort of) made sense to stay on for an extra day and do the Monday as well.

  2. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Julian_Boolean:


  3. #2
    Should Get Out More Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    39,310
    Like
    5,968
    Liked 5,833 in 3,663 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Cadwell 1st July

    Lucky git.

  4. #3
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    15,780
    Like
    1,179
    Liked 3,393 in 2,051 posts

    Default Re: Cadwell 1st July

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Lucky git.
    Says the man who's retired to the sun and has a large island to explore by dirt bike.

  5. #4
    Should Get Out More Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    39,310
    Like
    5,968
    Liked 5,833 in 3,663 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Cadwell 1st July

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    Says the man who's retired to the sun and has a large island to explore by dirt bike.
    Lol. Yes I know. But do have a soft spot for Cadwell. First race there. First crash etc...

    Done probably thousands laps round there.

  6. #5
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    15,780
    Like
    1,179
    Liked 3,393 in 2,051 posts

    Default Re: Cadwell 1st July

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Lol. Yes I know. But do have a soft spot for Cadwell. First race there. First crash etc...

    Done probably thousands laps round there.
    My only serious racing crash was in Dalby Forest, turns out 70mph through the forest isn't the safest thing to do, it wasn't even on a timed section.

    Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    15,780
    Like
    1,179
    Liked 3,393 in 2,051 posts

    Default Re: Cadwell 1st July

    Another good day, went home early because I was tired and it was quit windy.

    Highlights of the day, passing two bikes between the left hand bend at the end of the start straight and the next right hander, both on bigger faster bikes than me, and catching an Aprillia RSV4, then following him for a few laps as I couldn't get past him as he would just accelerate away from me on the straights, then I hung back for a bit and then did it all again.

    Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

  8. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Julian_Boolean:


  9. #7
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    15,780
    Like
    1,179
    Liked 3,393 in 2,051 posts

    Default Re: Cadwell 1st July

    Photos are out, how does Pete Wileman make trackdays look so dull, I've also got some photos from Xtreme Sports Photography (they're on faceberk) that look much more interesting

    https://www.peterwilemanphotography....l/7298954.html

    Does my bum look big in this?

    And yes my FZR400 is tiny.

  10. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:


  11. #8
    Should Get Out More KungFooBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The Forest Moon of Endor
    Posts
    16,348
    Like
    396
    Liked 7,170 in 4,041 posts

    Default Re: Cadwell 1st July

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    Photos are out, how does Pete Wileman make trackdays look so dull, I've also got some photos from Xtreme Sports Photography (they're on faceberk) that look much more interesting

    https://www.peterwilemanphotography....l/7298954.html

    Does my bum look big in this?

    And yes my FZR400 is tiny.
    Have you changed the fairing, I thought it was black?

  12. #9
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    15,780
    Like
    1,179
    Liked 3,393 in 2,051 posts

    Default Re: Cadwell 1st July

    Quote Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post
    Have you changed the fairing, I thought it was black?
    It was black, it's now white, I got a used race fairing and seat for 50, they weigh loads less than the Yamaha original panels, I might change the seat for an OW01 unit - they're bigger and IMO look better - of course I keep threatening to buy the rest of the OW01 to go with it - there were two at Cadwell Monday, one in Inters, one in Lower, the one in Lower was lapping no faster than me.

  13. #10
    At Work sadlonelygit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,436
    Like
    7
    Liked 78 in 52 posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Cadwell 1st July

    Just drop the fzr6 lump in there
    Or 1000 exup, but that's a bit more work.
    The 600 is a straight fit iirc.TT Marshall's didnt notice it last time I was in the paddock ( not me, some Irish guy who claimed he bought it just like that. I'm amazed he didnt notice it only revved to 12k)
    Cmon, what times were you doing?

  14. #11
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    15,780
    Like
    1,179
    Liked 3,393 in 2,051 posts

    Default Re: Cadwell 1st July

    Quote Originally Posted by sadlonelygit View Post
    Just drop the fzr6 lump in there
    Or 1000 exup, but that's a bit more work.
    The 600 is a straight fit iirc.TT Marshall's didnt notice it last time I was in the paddock ( not me, some Irish guy who claimed he bought it just like that. I'm amazed he didnt notice it only revved to 12k)
    Cmon, what times were you doing?
    600 isn't a straight fit in a 3tj, you need a couple of plates to match the head to the frame and some metal removed from the frame, but I'm perfectly happy with the 400, when I'm riding it to near it's limit I'll sell it and get something like a GSXR600.

    No idea what lap times I'm doing, and not interested in finding out, I've raced in the past and don't want to go down that route again because I'll become obsessed with going faster, my measure of a good track day is how much I enjoy it.

  15. #12
    At Work sadlonelygit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,436
    Like
    7
    Liked 78 in 52 posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Cadwell 1st July

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    No idea what lap times I'm doing, and not interested in finding out, I've raced in the past and don't want to go down that route again because I'll become obsessed with going faster, my measure of a good track day is how much I enjoy it.
    Ah! 2.00 then

  16. #13
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    15,780
    Like
    1,179
    Liked 3,393 in 2,051 posts

    Default Re: Cadwell 1st July

    Quote Originally Posted by sadlonelygit View Post
    Ah! 2.00 then
    Probably more than that, I'm not quick.

    Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission