TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: Side stand kill switch removal.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    A Bit Bored Stevep1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    45
    Like
    99
    Liked 15 in 2 posts

    Default Side stand kill switch removal.

    Is this simple to do. I want to be able to start my bike up on the sidestand.

    Lexmoto venom 125



    Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Should Get Out More 1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    JockLand
    Posts
    27,469
    Like
    932
    Liked 3,056 in 2,177 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Two wires going to it. either use a bit wire and put an end each in the block connector or cut it off and crimp the two wires together.

  3. The following user liked this post made by 1888:


  4. #3
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Llanafan & Holland
    Posts
    3,821
    Like
    94
    Liked 922 in 679 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Pull the plug off and try it. If it doesn't start, connect the two wires in the plug together and try again.

  5. #4
    A Bit Bored Stevep1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    45
    Like
    99
    Liked 15 in 2 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by davidat19 View Post
    Pull the plug off and try it. If it doesn't start, connect the two wires in the plug together and try again.
    OK will give it a bash and see

    Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    A Bit Bored
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Think this could be dangerous.

    Logic is you cant pull away with sidestand down, ie ignition will die if clutch is out and bike is in gear.

    You will at some point ride away with sidestand down with serious consequences.

  7. #6
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,915
    Like
    535
    Liked 686 in 482 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevep1980 View Post
    Is this simple to do. I want to be able to start my bike up on the sidestand.

    Lexmoto venom 125



    Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    I would have thought that as long as the bike's in neutral (or in gear but with the clutch pulled in) it would start with the side-stand down.

  8. #7
    Should Get Out More 1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    JockLand
    Posts
    27,469
    Like
    932
    Liked 3,056 in 2,177 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutin View Post
    I would have thought that as long as the bike's in neutral (or in gear but with the clutch pulled in) it would start with the side-stand down.
    My GPz would not regardless of clutch switch. Side stand must be up

  9. The following user liked this post made by 1888:


  10. #8
    Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Down in the Duchy (at last)
    Posts
    18,015
    Like
    5,451
    Liked 3,377 in 2,290 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1888 View Post
    My GPz would not regardless of clutch switch. Side stand must be up
    My VFR is the same.

  11. The following user liked this post made by Cousin Jack:


  12. #9
    At Work
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,130
    Like
    61
    Liked 106 in 89 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    On a lot of the Chinese bikes the block connector sits under the tank; unclipping it has got to be better than cutting.

  13. The following user liked this post made by dayglo jim:


  14. #10
    Should Get Out More 1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    JockLand
    Posts
    27,469
    Like
    932
    Liked 3,056 in 2,177 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by dayglo jim View Post
    On a lot of the Chinese bikes the block connector sits under the tank; unclipping it has got to be better than cutting.
    Then it wont start. You need to join the wires either use a bit wire to poke in both spades in block connector or cut and join together. Why not cut if you dont want it?

  15. #11
    At Work Pugwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The High Seas
    Posts
    1,278
    Like
    355
    Liked 323 in 123 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    My VFR is the same.
    Mine's a y2k 800 fi and will engage the starter with the side stand down and the bike in neutral. If you select a gear it will cut out. With the stand up, and the bike in gear it will still spin up as long as the clutch is pulled in.

  16. #12
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,915
    Like
    535
    Liked 686 in 482 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pugwash View Post
    Mine's a y2k 800 fi and will engage the starter with the side stand down and the bike in neutral. If you select a gear it will cut out. With the stand up, and the bike in gear it will still spin up as long as the clutch is pulled in.
    I was wrong - the bike will cut out if the side-stand's down and you put it into gear. Must have had a brain glitch.

    Sorry for the confusion.

  17. The following user liked this post made by Lutin:


  18. #13
    A Bit Bored Stevep1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    45
    Like
    99
    Liked 15 in 2 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutin View Post
    I would have thought that as long as the bike's in neutral (or in gear but with the clutch pulled in) it would start with the side-stand down.
    Even if the clutch is in it won't start mate

    Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

  19. #14
    Should Get Out More a_morti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    12,178
    Like
    1,563
    Liked 1,146 in 750 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Worth bearing in mind it's like that for a reason, riding away with your stand out is easy to do and can be a disaster at the first left hander.

  20. #15
    Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Down in the Duchy (at last)
    Posts
    18,015
    Like
    5,451
    Liked 3,377 in 2,290 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
    Worth bearing in mind it's like that for a reason, riding away with your stand out is easy to do and can be a disaster at the first left hander.
    Twice I've seen people do that. Luckily others spotted it and chased them quickly before the first bend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission