TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There and Back Again ( Le Mans to Le Mans)

Liked 117 in 76 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: There and Back Again ( Le Mans to Le Mans)

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post
    I've used E10 in my Hondas over here for 10 years with no impact on running or clogging or owt. The fuel consumption is worse than with old fashioned UL 95 though.
    Before I moved over here we went on a lads trip to the Vosges. In the village we stayed at there was only 1 fuel station, and bizarrely i always filled up at the same pump for the entire week. After day 1 my bike was a bit flat, missing a bit of grunt. Bike stopped wheelying in 2nd and felt like I was only getting 8/10s throttle.
    Got back to the UK, filled up with proper UK fuel and lo and behold all was well again. Coincidence or crap e10 fuel
    Current bike wont lift in 3rd with e10 in it, no problems with sp95 though

Liked 2,689 in 1,604 posts

Quote Originally Posted by sadlonelygit View Post
    Before I moved over here we went on a lads trip to the Vosges. In the village we stayed at there was only 1 fuel station, and bizarrely i always filled up at the same pump for the entire week. After day 1 my bike was a bit flat, missing a bit of grunt. Bike stopped wheelying in 2nd and felt like I was only getting 8/10s throttle.
    Got back to the UK, filled up with proper UK fuel and lo and behold all was well again. Coincidence or crap e10 fuel
    Current bike wont lift in 3rd with e10 in it, no problems with sp95 though
    Well you won't be surprised that where I am here in France folk moan just as much as in the UK about the quality of fuel at supermarches vs 'proper', with the added bonus of 'village-pumps' because there's still loads of fairly remote stations.
    Personally I've not had any trouble in 10 years across numerous vehicles but you can't rule out a bad batch I suppose.

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,587 in 2,179 posts

Ethanol is why you need a fuel injected suicide machine when you want to lay down a rubber road to freedom.

4. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Julian_Boolean:

Liked 6,055 in 3,801 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    Ethanol is why you need a fuel injected suicide machine when you want to lay down a rubber road to freedom.
    I find 202 BHP scares me on any fuel

At Work
    Liked 467 in 246 posts

My quest for better fuel consumption continues, I've already lowered the needle ( circlip in top notch) and while that has improved throttle response its not made any difference to fuel consumption and sooty carbs. This over 170 miles on Saturday, up to Southwold the long way and averaged 30 -31 Had to fill up twice, admittedly the last one just before I got home.
    I wondered if the needle or needle jet is worn, Pugwash ultrasonically cleaned my carbs for me a couple of years ago and I'm wondering if the needle or needle jet is worn. Got home tonight and stripped the left hand carb, found out I'm running a 270 needle jet (standard 265) with a standard K5 needle. Might explain the fuel consumptionNew ones ordered.
    Also found my new float (ordered 2nd August) is also leaking in the left hand chamber, replacement one requested. So hopefully the bits will arive before the weekend and I'll reset the needle clip to the middle slot and see if I can get a few hundred miles in before the roads get salty.

At Work
    Liked 467 in 246 posts

New needle jets arrived today from Eurocarb, replacement float is on back order from Gutsibits. Fitted the jets and evaporated the fuel out of the float with a hot air gun before puting some clear laquer around the joint as a tempory fix.Did a quick 20 mile blast with a far bit of dual carriageway. Checked the plugs when I got back and the right plug is now a nice brown/dark straw colour. Left hand side is still sooty but I'm putting that down to the dodgy float/level. Just need to get a tank of fuel throgh it now to see what the mpg is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission