TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There and Back Again ( Le Mans to Le Mans)

Liked 108 in 71 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: There and Back Again ( Le Mans to Le Mans)

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post
    I've used E10 in my Hondas over here for 10 years with no impact on running or clogging or owt. The fuel consumption is worse than with old fashioned UL 95 though.
    Before I moved over here we went on a lads trip to the Vosges. In the village we stayed at there was only 1 fuel station, and bizarrely i always filled up at the same pump for the entire week. After day 1 my bike was a bit flat, missing a bit of grunt. Bike stopped wheelying in 2nd and felt like I was only getting 8/10s throttle.
    Got back to the UK, filled up with proper UK fuel and lo and behold all was well again. Coincidence or crap e10 fuel
    Current bike wont lift in 3rd with e10 in it, no problems with sp95 though

Liked 2,659 in 1,586 posts

Quote Originally Posted by sadlonelygit View Post
    Before I moved over here we went on a lads trip to the Vosges. In the village we stayed at there was only 1 fuel station, and bizarrely i always filled up at the same pump for the entire week. After day 1 my bike was a bit flat, missing a bit of grunt. Bike stopped wheelying in 2nd and felt like I was only getting 8/10s throttle.
    Got back to the UK, filled up with proper UK fuel and lo and behold all was well again. Coincidence or crap e10 fuel
    Current bike wont lift in 3rd with e10 in it, no problems with sp95 though
    Well you won't be surprised that where I am here in France folk moan just as much as in the UK about the quality of fuel at supermarches vs 'proper', with the added bonus of 'village-pumps' because there's still loads of fairly remote stations.
    Personally I've not had any trouble in 10 years across numerous vehicles but you can't rule out a bad batch I suppose.

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,487 in 2,114 posts

Ethanol is why you need a fuel injected suicide machine when you want to lay down a rubber road to freedom.

4. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:

Liked 5,936 in 3,735 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    Ethanol is why you need a fuel injected suicide machine when you want to lay down a rubber road to freedom.
    I find 202 BHP scares me on any fuel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission