TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freeview boxes

Liked 6,897 in 3,900 posts

Default Re: Freeview boxes

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by V8-Powered View Post
    In a similar situation at the moment and thinking of sacking off Sky and getting a PVR like a Humax.
    Only kept Sky because of my wife's addiction to bloody GOT on Sky Atlantic, we have Freesat HD built in to the TV and also Netflix which we use most of the time - Sky ios a bit of a rip of as far as I'm concerned
    You might not need a Humax, some Smart TV's you can plug an external USB hard drive into and they'll work as a PVR.

Liked 1,645 in 1,072 posts

I'm actually tempted to just can it without anything just relying on catch up/Prime/Now TV. Really can't think of anything I watch live but not having it will let me know if I can live without it I reckon.

Sky was down to £22 a month with entertainment package after we got a deal, but it's now back to £34 I think and I don't bloody watch anything on it. Even GOT etc can all be got on Now TV for like £12 a month and I can drop in and out on that.

To be fair I watch more Youtube than TV nowadays.

3. The following user liked this post made by Supermofo:

Liked 86 in 71 posts

Quote Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post
    You might not need a Humax, some Smart TV's you can plug an external USB hard drive into and they'll work as a PVR.
    Itís not a smart tv but does have USB, will have to plug a portable drive in to it and see what happens then. 👍🏻

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission