TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Every cloud

A Bit Bored
    Liked 37 in 28 posts

Default Re: Every cloud

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzilla View Post
    Alternatively, we don't consider that the exercise of 'democracy' under misapprehension arising from statements from those aiming to subvert democracy (or at least to make a good showing) should be respected as a true exercise of democracy. In short, if you cheat to win a vote, even if you are trying not to win it, the vote needs confirmation if you actually win. It's been very clearly held that if the referendum had been binding in law, rather than simply in practice, it would not have been validly held.
    Please could you repeat that in clear English ( preferably your own ) with references to to your assertions . Thanks in advance .

2. The following user liked this post made by treadeager:

Liked 5,283 in 2,843 posts
    Blog Entries

Well done, 2 pages and we're off the Conservative party and onto Brexit.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 37 in 28 posts

To be fair , it is Bobz's thread . Did you have the slightest idea what he was actually talking about ? I had trouble getting past the first " Royal " we............

5. The following user liked this post made by treadeager:

Liked 2,749 in 1,950 posts

Quote Originally Posted by treadeager View Post
    To be fair , it is Bobz's thread . Did you have the slightest idea what he was actually talking about ? I had trouble getting past the first " Royal " we............
    Judging by past performance Bobz is probably saying that he could do better as Prime Minister than any of the current candidates.

Liked 1,221 in 814 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by treadeager View Post
    Please could you repeat that in clear English ( preferably your own ) with references to to your assertions . Thanks in advance .
    I'm not quite sure whether you are simply choosing to not understand or whether you actually are that thick. Either way, I'll entertain you.

If someone, for whatever reason, is cheating to win a vote, no democracy on earth should respect that vote. And the courts have held quite clearly that had the vote been binding and therefore subject to electoral law, the 'victory' could not have legally been respected. It would have to have been ruled null and void.

Do I believe Boris et al were cheating so as to secure the win? No. I believe that they wanted to be seen as gallant losers. Dominic Cummings was going for the win. I suspect that he was misleading in terms of overall message (i.e. presenting a gold plated view of yesteryear that never really existed, and hadn't existed since there wasn't anyone to disagree with because we didn't have allies, just dominions and enemies), but I have no idea what role, if any, he played in the downright untruths stated as fact by other members of the campaign.

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,182 in 1,920 posts

Quote Originally Posted by irie View Post
    Judging by past performance Bobz is probably saying that he could do better as Prime Minister than any of the current candidates.
    To be fair, Bobz probably would make a better PM than any of the current candidates.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 37 in 28 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzilla View Post
    I'm not quite sure whether you are simply choosing to not understand or whether you actually are that thick. Either way, I'll entertain you.

If someone, for whatever reason, is cheating to win a vote, no democracy on earth should respect that vote. And the courts have held quite clearly that had the vote been binding and therefore subject to electoral law, the 'victory' could not have legally been respected. It would have to have been ruled null and void.

Do I believe Boris et al were cheating so as to secure the win? No. I believe that they wanted to be seen as gallant losers. Dominic Cummings was going for the win. I suspect that he was misleading in terms of overall message (i.e. presenting a gold plated view of yesteryear that never really existed, and hadn't existed since there wasn't anyone to disagree with because we didn't have allies, just dominions and enemies), but I have no idea what role, if any, he played in the downright untruths stated as fact by other members of the campaign.
    So are you saying in your diatribe that this is what has happened in the case of the UK over the past three years ? Again I ask for your references ? TIA

Liked 4,590 in 2,249 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    To be fair, Bobz probably would make a better PM than any of the current candidates.
    Damned with feint praise...

Liked 2,331 in 1,513 posts

C4 debate: Gove sounds like he's reading Johnson's script.

Rory Stewart is scoring points.

Liked 3,720 in 2,514 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    Any bike stuff ?
    Boris’ dad at the controls.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission