TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catalan MotoGP

Liked 2,220 in 1,138 posts

Default Re: Catalan MotoGP

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reburner View Post
    Lorenzo hasn't been able to ride at the front all season. He tries to ride at the front and crashes. Sure everyone was jostling for position and braking but that's racing.
    Lorenzo's problems with point and squirt bikes are well documented. It took him a year and a half to get Ducati to make the changes he wanted, then look what happened. Honda will not be unaware of this, though Lorenzo has consistently said making changes to the RCV to suit his riding style and him getting used to the new combo is likely to take most of the first year with results to follow in year 2. He's been gradually improving, on a bike that Marquez and Crutchlow have had years to get used to and been able to develop alongside, and the mods to the tank to allow him to become comfortable in corners without having to try and ride the front are what saw the results coming with Ducati. So from that aspect it was no surprise to see him once again up the pointy end.

Of the crash, racing incident. Marquez outbraked Dovi, who fell in behind, momentarily easing off and coming directly into Lorenzo's path, having just done Vinales. If Lorenzo hadn't tried to avoid Dovi he'd have run into the back of his bike. Rossi recognised it as a racing incident as did the Stewards who evidently decided no further action was needed. A shame because that could have been a really exciting race, but that's lacing, as they say in Japan.

2. The following user liked this post made by Tomcat:

Liked 41 in 28 posts
    Blog Entries

Vinales is less than charitable about the manoeuvre, but the pressure is on to be the 2nd best Spanish rider

Liked 134 in 87 posts

I was there. I was fucking gutted when Lorenzo knocked everyone off.

Liked 5,283 in 2,843 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ninja View Post
    I was there. I was fucking gutted when Lorenzo knocked everyone off.
    That's shit after you've invested so much to watch it in the flesh.

I'm going to Brno - crashes should be confined to FP only!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission