TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weekend type thread - What is the best mattress?

Liked 637 in 442 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Weekend type thread - What is the best mattress?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    I kinda followed Dodgy's recommendations in the end (online/in a bag/100day trial), allied with signing up to Which for an additional overview, so one Rem-Fit 500 Hybrid Ortho Kingsize mattress ordered (Best Buy on Which 2019) with a stonking 30% discount as they're out of stock and I'm in no hurry

Many thanks for the replies

Liked 5,709 in 3,037 posts
    Blog Entries

I find that a sleeping bag on the floor of a tent that's laid over grass which could really do with a mow is very comfortable.

Its what I use annually at Pembrey and it works a treat. I've even been known to have a bit of a snore

Liked 637 in 442 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    I find that a sleeping bag on the floor of a tent that's laid over grass which could really do with a mow is very comfortable.

Its what I use annually at Pembrey and it works a treat. I've even been known to have a bit of a snore
    iirc I stated as fact that a Exped Synmat 7 is as good as it gets when it's about comfort in the OP, but being so low down makes watching the tv in bed a bit of a pain, hence this thread. I also draw the line at sharing the bedroom with a lawn mower

Liked 5,709 in 3,037 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by melons View Post
    iirc I stated as fact that a Exped Synmat 7 is as good as it gets when it's about comfort in the OP, but being so low down makes watching the tv in bed a bit of a pain, hence this thread. I also draw the line at sharing the bedroom with a lawn mower

1. Never assume anyone reads the OP
    2. thread says "weekend" and "mattress" in the title.....

I'll get me coat

Really Bored
    Liked 910 in 580 posts

I bought one too. I'd decided on-line there was a John Lewis own brand, firm, pocket sprung one for about a bag. I went and lay on it and didn't like it at all. Tried a few others in the shop and none of them seemed perfect.

I then went to MattressMan, was lying on a few when the salesman asked what I wanted. He recommended a cheaper one which was extra firm (pocket sprung, British Bed Company IIRC). It felt perfect. It was about half the price of the original John Lewis one. I bought it. I'm very happy with it. The only issue was it's so high / tall I've had to buy new fitted sheets too but that's not a terrible thing.

6. The following user liked this post made by MsignorMartinez:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission