TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: TiROMEL

Liked 3,404 in 1,727 posts

Default TiROMEL

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Slightly random.

A relative has asked if I can get this drug (TiROMEL 25mcg in France. I haven't been to the pharmacy yet but wondered if there is anywhere she could get this online? Some friends have previously bought it for her in Cyprus, but the NHS won't prescribe it as it is too expensive (despite it making the synthetic thyroxine she is on work 'properly' for her - so having a massive impact on her life).

Apparently in Cyprus it is approx 6 for six months supply (not quite sure why she can't get it on the NHS - that doesn't sound expensive!!)

Anyone got any suggestions?

Liked 4,182 in 2,055 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: TiROMEL

The NHS is sometimes just a little bit crazy. If you are on thyroxine you get all your prescriptions for free even though the thyroxine is cheap - it's pennies here. So while they are prepared to fund all medicines for free if you have a thyroid problem they then say they can't afford to prescribe other drugs.

I'll ask at the chemist in the village and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Yambo View Post
    The NHS is sometimes just a little bit crazy. If you are on thyroxine you get all your prescriptions for free even though the thyroxine is cheap - it's pennies here. So while they are prepared to fund all medicines for free if you have a thyroid problem they then say they can't afford to prescribe other drugs.

I'll ask at the chemist in the village and see what they say.
    I've got another friend on thyroid meds but she doesn't need the extra one. I think it's cos the person in question didn't want the original thyroxine because its from pigs or something (she can be a bit odd like that - not veggie, unless she's turned in the last few years, but has some interesting little ways!!) - this Tiromel apparently helps the body process the synthetic stuff. Mind you. The other friend takes a vitamin to help process the 'normal' thyroxine. It's all a bit complicated for me!! LOL

If you get a chance to ask, that would be amazing. Thank you.

Liked 6,278 in 3,935 posts
    Blog Entries

I just Googled Tiromel and it brought up plenty of suppliers

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    I just Googled Tiromel and it brought up plenty of suppliers
    Me too - I'll send them to her. I suspect tho that she'll be wary of buying it online. I'd say its her age, but TBF I would be wary online as well. Is that daft or vaguely sensible?

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission