TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 116 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2067

Thread: WTF is going on (Gender etc)?

Liked 4,219 in 2,826 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: WTF is going on (Gender etc)?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yambo View Post
    No, that will be the women's game.
    And who in Hell is going to watch that spectacle?

Women’s football and cricket was getting a bit of popularity recently too.

Liked 4,314 in 2,119 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ink ink View Post
    And who in Hell is going to watch that spectacle?

Women’s football and cricket was getting a bit of popularity recently too.

It needs the women to make a stand or as irie says it will be the end of the women's game. That the governing bodies can't see past political correctness is just plain stupid and if they do nothing (governing bodies and the women themselves) it will indeed kill the women's game, popular or not.

3. The following user liked this post made by Yambo:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 4,482 in 2,592 posts
    Blog Entries

What would happen if sports were organised not by male/female but into categories? There's various ways you could categorise, hormone level, physical size or power, past performance or personal best, and no doubt many more that would be more suited to the specific activity.

It wouldn't put me up nor down as I have no interest in sport, neither watching nor participating.

Liked 4,219 in 2,826 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    What would happen if sports were organised not by male/female but into categories? There's various ways you could categorise, hormone level, physical size or power, past performance or personal best, and no doubt many more that would be more suited to the specific activity.

It wouldn't put me up nor down as I have no interest in sport, neither watching nor participating.
    I really think the simple answer to this suddenly concocted situation is to keep men out of women’s sport.

Practically everyone thinks the same, I dare say.

Liked 315 in 212 posts
    Blog Entries

this has been proposed and i can see the advantages from a feminist pov. but sport is a problematic subject for feminism proper anyway, because (arguably) it formalises women's physical weakness in comparison to men, and secondly sport as an activity is malecentric activity that reinforces patriarchal structures of domination/subordination (as opposed to female centred view of society as co-operative)

the fact is when it comes to sport women already have to be heading toward intersexuality

At Work
    Liked 646 in 375 posts

Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post
    the fact is when it comes to sport women already have to be heading toward intersexuality
    So they won't mind when men identifying as women take over leaving women identifying as women on the bench?

Liked 315 in 212 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    So they won't mind when men identifying as women take over leaving women identifying as women on the bench?
    i'm not commenting on whether trans women should or shouldn't be allowed to compete in the current system, and i'm in no position to tell women what they should or shouldn't find acceptable

Should Get Out More Kneerly Down's Avatar
    Liked 1,518 in 937 posts

What would happen if sports were organised not by male/female but into categories?
    No-one would know, as no-one would be watching it.

Not Much To Do
    Liked 105 in 71 posts

This might be the way forward ( backwards or sideways [ so as not to exclude anyone ;-) ] )

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...hird-category/

Liked 2,791 in 1,826 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Why 'take over'? Surely it depends on how its organised. Mixed doubles seems to work in tennis.

Liked 315 in 212 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rudolph View Post
    What the actual fuck....

So females competing in sport 'formalises women's physical weakness in comparison to men, and secondly sport as an activity is malecentric activity that reinforces patriarchal structures of domination/subordination (as opposed to female centred view of society as co-operative)'

Again, this simply highlights the non-reality of the entire "trans" movement.

Sport in itself, by its very nature, is a test of strength, endurance, speed and skill. The reason there are classes in sport based on physical 'gifts' (size strength etc) is for this very reason, and it's the same reason performance enhancing drugs are banned.

Even if no man played sport and it was a solely female thing. It still wouldn't be fair to let a man compete against women, and lets face it a tranny (M2F) isn't a woman, will never be a woman, they are just blokes who have chopped their cock off and had plastic tits inserted.

If they want to compete in sport, there should be a new group created for trannies.
    there's so little in terms of common ground here it's not worth me replying.

Liked 6,659 in 4,141 posts
    Blog Entries

14. The following user liked this post made by Yorick:

Liked 4,314 in 2,119 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slowsider View Post
    Why 'take over'? Surely it depends on how its organised. Mixed doubles seems to work in tennis.

Would it work as well if one side was 2 blokes and the other side one bloke and one lass?

At Work
    Liked 646 in 375 posts

Quote Originally Posted by slowsider View Post
    What if the 'females' were men who identified as women? The 'real' females wouldn't get picked to be part of the team, so essentially you end up with 4 blokes. Please excuse me if I haven't used the correct gender terms.

Liked 3,830 in 2,534 posts

Quote Originally Posted by rudolph View Post
    A tranny competing in sport has an unfair advantage, plain and simple. The reason men cannot compete in women's events is simple to understand. Nature made men stronger, faster, bigger etc etc etc and a tranny has a males body.
    So, given that there are already sporting divisions based on weight (eg boxing), would it be simpler for all sports where there are mens/womens divisions if they were done solely on height or weight as considered relevant for that sport?

[Divisions obviously intended as in 'separate', not as in 'league division one']

Have there ever been M Vs F competitions or investigations where the opponents have been matched by height and weight, etc., or any other categorisation, to determine whether there is any actual 'weaker sex' effect that could support maintaining gender division in sport?

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission