TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF is going on (Gender etc)?

Liked 3,752 in 2,535 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: WTF is going on (Gender etc)?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MsignorMartinez View Post
    The Turks are a great bumming nation. They'll bum pretty much anything.
    The Greeks were bummers of legend.

On Cyprus you’ve got it from two directions.

Liked 5,721 in 3,585 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MsignorMartinez View Post
    The Turks are a great bumming nation. They'll bum pretty much anything.
    My pal was a Greek and in their country, only the receiver is seen as gay. Bumming hats all round

Liked 4,904 in 3,278 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    My pal was a Greek and in their country, only the receiver is seen as gay. Bumming hats all round
    I thought it was only gay if you enjoyed it.

Courchevel 1650 (winter). Biarritz (summer)
    Liked 1,401 in 830 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kneerly Down View Post
    If you look at personal liberty, it is often the case that the more Christian the country the more personal liberties are availed.

I thought about this recently when I was in the Netherlands, where I've worked for probably about a quarter of my working life.
    Once you leave the major urban areas you notice that the country is really quite conservative and was much more so in the past, yet laws were very relaxed...Christianity's focus is on the individual choosing to do what is right, not the 'authorities' trying to force the individual to do what is right, within the ambit of maintaining a well-functioning society - along the lines of 1 Corinthians 10:23 *
    I've noticed the same in quite a bit of the Scandic/Nordic countries.

There is nothing in the Bible about Christians forcing Christianity on anyone or sanctioning anyone for not being a Christian.
    I also noticed - well, it has been strikingly obvious - that every news report in the UK, every protest march, every Commons dissention, every corporate backlash and virtue signal (c.f. latest Top Gear) in response to the Sharia law in Brunei has been about LGBT rights.

I have not seen anything in the mainstream media, or from corporates, etc that deals with the fact that the death sentence now applies to Christian converts in Brunei.
    It is not illegal to be gay** in Brunei; it is illegal to commit sodomy.
    It is illegal just to profess Christ in Brunei though.
    They used to 'just' face denial of citizenship and separation of families (have any children taken away and live apart from your spouse) if a parent becomes a Christian in Brunei but now it is the death penalty.

* “All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up. As can be seen in, say, contemporary Amsterdam!
    ** I am not saying that the laws against gay people are anything but wrong (they are) but it is the lack of focus on anything else that is a frustration and a sadness.
    and that surprises you? The bible doesn't advertise how the "word of christ" was spread?

Not exactly Christian was it.
    " Oi Pagans, we're taking your winter solstice, that's our festival now, your religion isn't real "
    " yes it is rea... " Head rolls across floor

" Anyone else want to argue with the bible "

Liked 848 in 484 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kneerly Down View Post
    There is nothing in the Bible about Christians forcing Christianity on anyone or sanctioning anyone for not being a Christian.
    Apart from the bit about hellfire and damnation?

It is not illegal to be gay** in Brunei; it is illegal to commit sodomy.
    It is illegal just to profess Christ in Brunei though.
    It’s not illegal to be Christian in Brunei, it’s just illegal to practice it in public.

(And yes, of course that’s wrong).

Liked 246 in 166 posts

mary mcintosh's the homosexual role is easily searchable online and is an excellent account of the social constructionist view of sexual identity. genuinely interesting read (surprsingly enough)

perhaps the only reason i pay attention to these debates now is because i find interesting to see how things become established as facts. the trans demands, the women (and men) who refuse to comply, the propoganda (from both sides). recently the times have been running a shit ton of anti trans stuff, largely because theyre in dispute with a trans former employee, and a number of women's groups have decided they don't like 'transgender ideology' (?!) and you think 'oh ok people are turning against the trans now', and then you'll see an article on Charlize Theron and her kids and a photie of prince harry giving an award to a trans soldier and it doesn't seem to matter whether for or against the fact of trans becomes more and more factual.

as to whether it makes sense to call trans women women, is anyone interested in this question really? would you search out jl austin's speech theory? deleuze on the postulates of linguistics? the history of feminism?

Last edited by jane; 12-07-19 at 09:08.

Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Liked 2,808 in 1,906 posts

Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post
    as to whether it makes sense to call trans women women, is anyone interested in this question really?
    Most people are only interested in stopping perverts from using transgender status as a means of helping them perv, and perhaps in not letting women's sport become dominated by 'women' who used to be men. Otherwise most, like me, DGAS.

8. The following user liked this post made by Cousin Jack:

Liked 246 in 166 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    Most people are only interested in stopping perverts from using transgender status as a means of helping them perv, and perhaps in not letting women's sport become dominated by 'women' who used to be men. Otherwise most, like me, DGAS.
    is that a no?

For me it's the dishonesty and the government and other authorities conniving at the dishonesty that I don't like. I'm male, 5' 10" tall with blue eyes. If I identify as female, 5'6" tall with brown eyes I can get a passport that says I'm female. Logically, I should also be able to get 5' 6" tall with brown eyes on my passport. It makes just as much sense.

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,316 in 2,008 posts

Quote Originally Posted by saga_lout View Post
    For me it's the dishonesty and the government and other authorities conniving at the dishonesty that I don't like. I'm male, 5' 10" tall with blue eyes. If I identify as female, 5'6" tall with brown eyes I can get a passport that says I'm female. Logically, I should also be able to get 5' 6" tall with brown eyes on my passport. It makes just as much sense.
    Would you put out on first dates?

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    Would you put out on first dates?
    Are you paying for dinner?

Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Liked 2,808 in 1,906 posts

is that a no?
    A transgender 'women' can call herself a hippopotamus if she wishes. Of course that wouldn't be true either.
    As I said, apart from the few that want to perv or gain unfair advantage it makes no odds.

Liked 1,316 in 926 posts

is that a no?
    If I can self identify as a masculine presenting trans lesbian and use legal rights to walk into a women's changing room then yes.
    If it's like it was before Stonewall got so involved where if a trans woman can pass for a woman but is barred from safeguarding situations then no.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,367 in 2,255 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    A transgender 'women' can call herself a hippopotamus if she wishes. Of course that wouldn't be true either.
    As I said, apart from the few that want to perv or gain unfair advantage it makes no odds.
    Just like apart from the few people that like beer and want to drive blind drunk?

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,316 in 2,008 posts

Quote Originally Posted by saga_lout View Post
    Are you paying for dinner?
    Dinner, on the first date, you're way too posh for me.

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission