TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: Side stand kill switch removal.

  1. #1
    A Bit Bored Stevep1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    45
    Like
    99
    Liked 15 in 2 posts

    Default Side stand kill switch removal.


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Is this simple to do. I want to be able to start my bike up on the sidestand.

    Lexmoto venom 125



    Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Should Get Out More 1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    JockLand
    Posts
    26,980
    Like
    892
    Liked 2,890 in 2,071 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Two wires going to it. either use a bit wire and put an end each in the block connector or cut it off and crimp the two wires together.

  3. The following user liked this post made by 1888:


  4. #3
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Llanafan & Holland
    Posts
    3,660
    Like
    87
    Liked 860 in 628 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Pull the plug off and try it. If it doesn't start, connect the two wires in the plug together and try again.

  5. #4
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,856
    Like
    510
    Liked 670 in 471 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevep1980 View Post
    Is this simple to do. I want to be able to start my bike up on the sidestand.

    Lexmoto venom 125



    Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    I would have thought that as long as the bike's in neutral (or in gear but with the clutch pulled in) it would start with the side-stand down.

  6. #5
    Should Get Out More 1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    JockLand
    Posts
    26,980
    Like
    892
    Liked 2,890 in 2,071 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutin View Post
    I would have thought that as long as the bike's in neutral (or in gear but with the clutch pulled in) it would start with the side-stand down.
    My GPz would not regardless of clutch switch. Side stand must be up

  7. The following user liked this post made by 1888:


  8. #6
    Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Down in the Duchy (at last)
    Posts
    17,222
    Like
    5,008
    Liked 3,082 in 2,093 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1888 View Post
    My GPz would not regardless of clutch switch. Side stand must be up
    My VFR is the same.

  9. The following user liked this post made by Cousin Jack:


  10. #7
    At Work
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,111
    Like
    61
    Liked 102 in 87 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    On a lot of the Chinese bikes the block connector sits under the tank; unclipping it has got to be better than cutting.

  11. The following user liked this post made by dayglo jim:


  12. #8
    At Work Pugwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The High Seas
    Posts
    1,275
    Like
    336
    Liked 318 in 121 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    My VFR is the same.
    Mine's a y2k 800 fi and will engage the starter with the side stand down and the bike in neutral. If you select a gear it will cut out. With the stand up, and the bike in gear it will still spin up as long as the clutch is pulled in.

  13. #9
    Should Get Out More a_morti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    12,138
    Like
    1,540
    Liked 1,130 in 739 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Worth bearing in mind it's like that for a reason, riding away with your stand out is easy to do and can be a disaster at the first left hander.

  14. #10
    Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Down in the Duchy (at last)
    Posts
    17,222
    Like
    5,008
    Liked 3,082 in 2,093 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
    Worth bearing in mind it's like that for a reason, riding away with your stand out is easy to do and can be a disaster at the first left hander.
    Twice I've seen people do that. Luckily others spotted it and chased them quickly before the first bend.

  15. #11
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,856
    Like
    510
    Liked 670 in 471 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pugwash View Post
    Mine's a y2k 800 fi and will engage the starter with the side stand down and the bike in neutral. If you select a gear it will cut out. With the stand up, and the bike in gear it will still spin up as long as the clutch is pulled in.
    I was wrong - the bike will cut out if the side-stand's down and you put it into gear. Must have had a brain glitch.

    Sorry for the confusion.

  16. The following user liked this post made by Lutin:


  17. #12
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A windswept Hebridean paradise.
    Posts
    22,353
    Like
    1
    Liked 4,342 in 2,498 posts
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Some of the 1980's Hondas had a stand with a rubber tongue that bent up when the stand was in use and stuck down and flicked the stand up if you rode away with it down.

  18. #13
    Should Get Out More 1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    JockLand
    Posts
    26,980
    Like
    892
    Liked 2,890 in 2,071 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by dayglo jim View Post
    On a lot of the Chinese bikes the block connector sits under the tank; unclipping it has got to be better than cutting.
    Then it wont start. You need to join the wires either use a bit wire to poke in both spades in block connector or cut and join together. Why not cut if you dont want it?

  19. #14
    A Bit Bored Stevep1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    45
    Like
    99
    Liked 15 in 2 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutin View Post
    I would have thought that as long as the bike's in neutral (or in gear but with the clutch pulled in) it would start with the side-stand down.
    Even if the clutch is in it won't start mate

    Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

  20. #15
    A Bit Bored Stevep1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    45
    Like
    99
    Liked 15 in 2 posts

    Default Re: Side stand kill switch removal.

    Quote Originally Posted by davidat19 View Post
    Pull the plug off and try it. If it doesn't start, connect the two wires in the plug together and try again.
    OK will give it a bash and see

    Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission