TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Evidence-based safety training

Liked 3,423 in 2,256 posts

Default Evidence-based safety training

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 4,182 in 2,399 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Evidence-based safety training

I did a CPC refresher course recently. The vehicle checks video showed a nice man from a ministry checking the tyres were OK by brushing his hand over the top of them, and then checking the wheel nuts were tight by trying to turn them with his fingers. Then, on a course designed for a fleet of custom built vehicles, told us to check under the bonnet to make sure the battery was secure. The battery is under the driver's seat. Odd for something so vital that we aren't told to check the auxiliary batteries inside the vehicle too.

Or there was the first aid course with a different training agency where the trainer didn't know what D&V stood for.

I'm very glad I've not lumped my own money out on these courses, both are part or fully funded by the tax payer. I'm not meaning to come across as a knowall, but if what you are taught contradicts what you do know then how do you know what other parts of the course that you don't know about might be wrong.

Liked 3,423 in 2,256 posts

When I did TEC/HTC (like City & Guilds) engineering, we were covering the basics of engineering drawing.

Particularly interesting was the lesson which included first- and third-angle projection. As the session progressed, the six of us (of 12 in the group) who were draughtsman were looking at each other for confirmation, then we interrupted to point out that he had them swapped.

To be fair, they are confusing!

4. The following user liked this post made by Horse:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 4,182 in 2,399 posts
    Blog Entries

That prompted to find out the difference between the two, I knew of them, but not about them.

6. The following user liked this post made by cheb:

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission