TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hilltop Motorcycle tuning

Liked 1,512 in 667 posts

Default Re: It's only another new bike thread!

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    It's a tough one.. I'm still 100% that my KTM 690 was better after leaving their place, you can or anyone can say what they like about how true that is, but i'm not daft, i've ridden plenty of bikes and i'd ridden many many miles on the 690, it simply was a LOT better than before i took it to them.

I know Joe19 rang them about his 790 and they said "Nah mate, the gains are not really worthwhile on it" which may have come after doing Trickys 790, but was very honest of them to say so.
    It's an interesting one for me this- I'm 100% convinced they are bullshitters. When they did my 790 , there were a few things that set my detector going-

• Wouldn't let me see the base run when it was done- I had to wait until the (very theatrical) reveal of the print-out, which I could only see after it was all finished and removed from the dyno.
    • No AFR traces despite me asking for them
    • Before it was even put on the dyno, I asked for final runs with the baffle in and out- Geoff mumbled that if they had time they would, but they didn't, despite me asking again before it was removed from the dyno, and there was loads of time, most of the time I was there they were standing chewing the fat with a GS owner and some other bloke who was there.

I was keen to know as much about what Geoff was doing at the time, not because I thought he was a bullshitter at that time, but I truly could not understand how his adaptive tune could work, and even if he wouldn't go into great detail, I wanted to know what he knew about my bike, was planning to do etc but on even basic innocuous questions such as what the AFR was standard, whether he re-maps throttle %age's in different modes, rev limiter etc etc I never got any answers to anything, just, " Oh you'll like it, don't you worry" sort of answers

At the end after they had removed the bike from the dyno, I was still asking how it was, how many they'd done, what sort of gains , if any he's got on mine and how it compared , the questions were ignored,

When they showed me the print out, I couldn't believe the shown improvement - before the tune it was already dead lively and would very easily wheelie off the throttle in 2nd , so to say I was excited in an understatement.
    And although it definitely seemed to idle more evenly, and be smoother in Sport and Track throttle modes, my arse dyno couldn't detect any significant difference in the amount of shove, and the gain my graph (below) is showing is a fuck-load

Joe's 1000XR before and after graphs confirmed my suspicions of them as not what I would call straight-talkers, and viewing the Lambchop video, and listening to and reading Geoff and Mark's pretty much content-free (except the bit about how they re-purpose the O2 sensor into an an exhaust gas temperature sensor, which did make me smile) explanations" only really adds to it

So, what did they do to my bike then?
    Answer is I currently can't say for certain but I think the most likely is that the smoother running was probably just an ECU reset, and I suspect the " before" dyno run on mine was achieved with less than WOT- will be interesting (to me, anyway) to see how this plays out

Liked 1,771 in 1,157 posts

20bhp boost at low RPM! Surely you'd have noticed that.

Problem is unless you do a before and after somewhere else you won't know.

Liked 9,682 in 5,050 posts

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyDicky View Post
    It's an interesting one for me this- I'm 100% convinced they are bullshitters. When they did my 790 , there were a few things that set my detector going-

• Wouldn't let me see the base run when it was done- I had to wait until the (very theatrical) reveal of the print-out, which I could only see after it was all finished and removed from the dyno.
    • No AFR traces despite me asking for them
    • Before it was even put on the dyno, I asked for final runs with the baffle in and out- Geoff mumbled that if they had time they would, but they didn't, despite me asking again before it was removed from the dyno, and there was loads of time, most of the time I was there they were standing chewing the fat with a GS owner and some other bloke who was there.

I was keen to know as much about what Geoff was doing at the time, not because I thought he was a bullshitter at that time, but I truly could not understand how his adaptive tune could work, and even if he wouldn't go into great detail, I wanted to know what he knew about my bike, was planning to do etc but on even basic innocuous questions such as what the AFR was standard, whether he re-maps throttle %age's in different modes, rev limiter etc etc I never got any answers to anything, just, " Oh you'll like it, don't you worry" sort of answers

At the end after they had removed the bike from the dyno, I was still asking how it was, how many they'd done, what sort of gains , if any he's got on mine and how it compared , the questions were ignored,

When they showed me the print out, I couldn't believe the shown improvement - before the tune it was already dead lively and would very easily wheelie off the throttle in 2nd , so to say I was excited in an understatement.
    And although it definitely seemed to idle more evenly, and be smoother in Sport and Track throttle modes, my arse dyno couldn't detect any significant difference in the amount of shove, and the gain my graph (below) is showing is a fuck-load

Joe's 1000XR before and after graphs confirmed my suspicions of them as not what I would call straight-talkers, and viewing the Lambchop video, and listening to and reading Geoff and Mark's pretty much content-free (except the bit about how they re-purpose the O2 sensor into an an exhaust gas temperature sensor, which did make me smile) explanations" only really adds to it

So, what did they do to my bike then?
    Answer is I currently can't say for certain but I think the most likely is that the smoother running was probably just an ECU reset, and I suspect the " before" dyno run on mine was achieved with less than WOT- will be interesting (to me, anyway) to see how this plays out
    I've read a lot about them later and the thing I can't get past is how many satisfied customers he has? UKGSER has loads of people defending him and most are repeat customers. For these people any new bike goes straight to HT.

No one seems to doubt Geoff as he was a software engineer apparently, but no one can find what he is supposed to have written his clever bit of code to the chip sets and there is only so many code languages, so I cant see how he could hide it from other knowledgeable software guys? But, how on earth can he keep churning out remaps and people finding their bikes to be so much better. Okay loads of people could just think there bike is better, but there's enough people out there that can notice dips and whether they've been removed. We can't discount all his happy customers, can we? My bike has a big dip coming in just after 4k and going out by mid 5k. I'm tempted to have it done just to see, as there's no way I wouldn't notice if it was still there!

Why does he hide the AFR graphs? And one thing I've heard of, but are yet to see, is an indy dyno run before and after having it done. People say its been done and proves it, but I've not seen the graphs yet? Seen the ones showing no difference though!

Geoff @ HT said two days ago he is taking appropriate action and looks like he has had the negative reviews on trustpilot removed. I guess they must have been inflammatory rather just negative opinions?

Hilltopmotorcycles reported this review for breach of Trustpilot guidelines. We are currently assessing the review in accordance with our reporting processes.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/hil...orcycles.co.uk

Liked 1,771 in 1,157 posts

Looking at that Facebook page, they are now claiming to have before and after charts from a number of GS's with no changes plus one of the HT franchise tuning boxes which they say does nothing.
    Seems off the back of that they claim a few customers have left negative feedback and asked for money back. HT have had these removed.
    If it were me I'd not go there until this all comes out in the wash. If it was 100 quid maybe but not at 300.
    Be interesting to see how long this goes on for. Hopefully we'll get to the truth at some point

6. The following user liked this post made by Supermofo:

HT really needs to put out a statement or respond to these claims. He's reputation is going to be in tatters at this rate.

Liked 7,172 in 4,042 posts

IF... what he does works, he's had his period of exclusivity and made a bucket load of money. Maybe it's time for him to be more transparent about what he does. Yeah people might copy it, but it's that or get a really bad rep.

Treetop tuningDo you really think that we would make all this up? Why would we bother? Honestly? Are we looking for a court case against us for slander NO. Its very simple the work that has been charged for has not been carried out and all the evidence is available and has been presented to the necessary people. We have asked Geoff privately to prove he can tune a motorcycle(in any way via ecu) make changes to a calibration on an ignition table at said rpm and fuel table at said rpm and if this was carried out we would not go any further and apologize publicly. This was met with legal action and i might add intimidation Hence police involvement.

Any mods on here that could move the hilltop posts to a new thread?

I think Hilltop will be closing soon!

Some people are saying he's been adding resistors to air box temp sensors!

https://www.facebook.com/phillip.crowey/posts/2298791943550535?hc_location=ufi

Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Liked 2,601 in 1,140 posts

The video with the faraday cage...honestly the guy seems very shady.

https://www.facebook.com/Treetoptuni...3947859630417/

Liked 3,274 in 2,162 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    But he's never ever said that the standard map would be different. He states his nap is completely separate from the stock map withing ECU. Therefore if someone reads the stock map on the bike before and after it will still be the same
    Serious Q (from an electronics numpty): if the standard one is still there and a new one is installed, how does the bike 'know' which map to use? And shouldn't both show up to anyone searching the chip?

Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Liked 2,601 in 1,140 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Serious Q (from an electronics numpty): if the standard one is still there and a new one is installed, how does the bike 'know' which map to use? And shouldn't both show up to anyone searching the chip?
    PSSST - I think matey might be talking rubbish. Have a watch of the video above, I'm pretty confident it's a crock of shit.

Liked 10,226 in 5,863 posts

Default Re: Hilltop Motorcycle tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Badger View Post
    PSSST - I think matey might be talking rubbish. Have a watch of the video above, I'm pretty confident it's a crock of shit.
    How are there many thousands of happy customers then,?

I think if you take the bike in there and he puts it on the dyno and you get it remapped. But this just installing magic software does seem to be a bollocks. I think from what others are saying he just resets teh ECU and even a claim about him adding sensors to temp sensors. Other software guys have apparently looked for this code and cant find it? There is a lot of tuners been disputing it for a long while and more and more dissatisfied customers are coming of of the woodwork now. Seems like he has been making threats to people too, telling one dissatisfied customer he knows where he lives! HE really should release a statement or back up his claims. If it is proved to be fraud, he's finished if everyone tries to get their money back!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission