TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Incompetence in the Workplace

Liked 1,426 in 821 posts

Default Re: Incompetence in the Workplace

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    Whilst I usually take the piss, Greeny is doing what's correct, when handing over to a new admin you should change the password of the admin account to a new password and inform the new system admin of the new password, it's then up to the new admin to change that password. Same goes for any RAS accounts.
    When I left a position where I had that sort of control, I sat with my replacement and watched him through the process of setting up his own passwords (which I didn't see) before I left. (Obviously it helped that I wanted to make sure they wouldn't be getting in touch for anything ever again... )

2. The following user liked this post made by RiceBurner:

Liked 1,304 in 951 posts

Default Re: Incompetence in the Workplace

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dazzle View Post
    Par for the course AFAIK.

My Dad had the same thing when he left a very well known high street company. He told em for months and months that they needed to change their passwords and admin details 'cause he still had access (web services provider were still trying to contact him!).

In the end he let the password lapse instead of coming up with a new one when the requisite password refresh came along. At which point their IT shat itself and suddenly they were all ears to him
    Sounds about right.

We are quite amicable at handover as we don't like to leave on a bad note or show any signs of bitterness to the schools so everything normally goes quite well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission