TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transporting a bike, relocating.

Liked 5,524 in 2,970 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Transporting a bike, relocating.

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Maybe the question should be" is there anyone who lives near where this bike is for sale who could take a look at it for me before I travel down to buy it"?

Also, as mentioned above, its a CBR600, life could be simpler if you wait until you pass your test then go and buy one....?

2. The following user liked this post made by GiantPygmy:

Really Bored
    Liked 875 in 558 posts

I went to Morcambe (which is frikkin miles away from me) on the train to look at a used private sale CB1300S once.

I got there and it was obviously crashed. But I bought it anyway because I didn't want to have to go home on the train.

Local bikes make a lot of sense.

The last two I've bought, I've persuaded the owner to bring to me in a van. I am canny canny, like.

4. The following 2 users liked this useful post by MsignorMartinez:

Liked 1,496 in 871 posts

You could get someone with experience to go up with you and look the bike over, and then ride it down for you.
    Hence why I asked when you're looking to go up there, I'm not sure when I have the time (not this weekend unfortunately), but someone else might be up for it.

6. The following user liked this post made by RiceBurner:

Liked 1,496 in 871 posts

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    Maybe the question should be" is there anyone who lives near where this bike is for sale who could take a look at it for me before I travel down to buy it"?

Also, as mentioned above, its a CBR600, life could be simpler if you wait until you pass your test then go and buy one....?
    Both very good points.

no point having a bike rusting outside if you can't ride it.

There'll be another perfect bike on ebay next week.

8. The following user liked this post made by RiceBurner:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 96 in 35 posts

Thank you all for chipping in, Iím sure itíll be worth it if itís what it appears to be.

Can I ask, on my current driving licence (passed 2004) can I tow a motorbike or is a separate licence needed?

A.

Really Bored
    Liked 875 in 558 posts

The Hair Piece Thief bought a bike before he passed his test. A GSX600F (the auld teapot). Anyway he had it in his back garden and kept starting it up and revving it on the stand. Fouled the plugs, see?

Then his (slightly dim) uncle fixed it... and put the fuel tap outer back the wrong way round... which THPT didn't discover until it stranded him in Croatia... Me and The Bald Beast had to go back about 50 miles and sort it all out.

11. The following user liked this post made by MsignorMartinez:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 96 in 35 posts

Iíve got a garage where I currently reside so the bike will be covered but not heated as the garage is more like a bomb shelter ha ha.

Anyhow, Iíve got my theory test 2 weeks from now and then will get the DAS done (I will not give up) so touch wood I may have a full licence very soon.

I appreciate your concerns regarding the bike being idle etc, it enlightens me to some factors around bike maintenance. Itíll be kept on a trickle charger if that helps?

I really donít want to come across ignorant or arrogant gang, however when we want something.............

A.

13. The following user liked this post made by hotashes:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 96 in 35 posts

Can you believe Iíve found the be on my doorstep. Actually a year younger and only 4K miles.

Reg is 2012.

Let the negotiating begin.

A.

15. The following 2 users liked this useful post by hotashes:

Liked 6,055 in 3,801 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hotashes View Post
    thanks, the chap iím limited to iíve known only limited time. Iíve got no issues initially with him driving it back, however itís more the case he doesnít seem to know much outside his own needs. Which i understand. How much roughly if he is 40 y/o and had his licence 5 years?

A.
    wtf ?

At Work
    Liked 467 in 246 posts

Can I ask, on my current driving licence (passed 2004) can I tow a motorbike or is a separate licence needed?

A.
    How you going to tow a motorcycle with a car? Tends to make a lot of sparks and wears the fairing out a bit unless its on a trailer. I'd wait and find one closer, your looking at least £200 for whatever method you do.

18. The following user liked this post made by GuzziPaul:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 96 in 35 posts

Quote Originally Posted by GuzziPaul View Post
    How you going to tow a motorcycle with a car? Tends to make a lot of sparks and wears the fairing out a bit unless its on a trailer. I'd wait and find one closer, your looking at least £200 for whatever method you do.
    Iíve just found one come available in same town as me. Negotiating on price as we speak so it was meant to be if Iím going with an open minded approach

A.

20. The following 2 users liked this useful post by hotashes:

Liked 10,053 in 5,247 posts

There are no truer words than, There's always another bike/car...

22. The following user liked this post made by Taipan:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 96 in 35 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    There are no truer words than, There's always another bike/car...
    Like anything for the first time I guess I wanted everything as best it could be, for my budget. Then itís a case of splitting between options and weighing up which I should take from a reliability point of view. Lastly I think the distance for the one I wanted was what put me off. I just hope Iíve made the right choice.

The bike Iíve gone for is the Honda cbr600F on a 12 plate, 4500 miles & I will be 4th owner. First 3 stamps are from Honda, 4th was garage who must have bought it on a part x basis, and last 2 are from local dealership to me who seem to have reasonable reviews.

I paid £3900 on the bike, is that reasonable? Iíve not idea on bikes etc.

Thanks,

A.

Liked 10,053 in 5,247 posts

Like anything for the first time I guess I wanted everything as best it could be, for my budget. Then it’s a case of splitting between options and weighing up which I should take from a reliability point of view. Lastly I think the distance for the one I wanted was what put me off. I just hope I’ve made the right choice.

The bike I’ve gone for is the Honda cbr600F on a 12 plate, 4500 miles & I will be 4th owner. First 3 stamps are from Honda, 4th was garage who must have bought it on a part x basis, and last 2 are from local dealership to me who seem to have reasonable reviews.

I paid £3900 on the bike, is that reasonable? I’ve not idea on bikes etc.

Thanks,

A.

I've no idea on its value tbh. What I normally do when looking for something is search for said bike on ebay and tehn refine my search for completed/sold listings and see what they are actually selling for. Bikes i tend to buy with my heart anyway, so will pay the right or wrong price for the right bike.

25. The following user liked this post made by Taipan:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 96 in 35 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    I've no idea on its value tbh. What I normally do when looking for something is search for said bike on ebay and tehn refine my search for completed/sold listings and see what they are actually selling for. Bikes i tend to buy with my heart anyway, so will pay the right or wrong price for the right bike.
    Is there a completed/sold page on eBay? Maybe I can take a look actually. Makes sense.

A.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission