TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Road junctions quiz

Should Get Out More
    Liked 1,015 in 601 posts

Default Re: Road junctions quiz

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuzziPaul View Post
    Went through this one in Cambridge yesterday. Attachment 42691 All four approaches marked with give way lines and signs. Bit confusing when there were three cars there at the same time. It seems all other approaches apart from the one we were on had "to the right" sub plates below the Give Way sign.
    That's an interesting one... it looks as though the junction is on a traffic-calming raised 'table', but even with a 'Give Way to the right' sign, it's going to bring traffic to a standstill if four vehicles turn up all at once from different directions! Presumably you're supposed to treat it like the US 'four-way stop' that's been mentioned where it's first-arrived, first departs.

I'm wondering if it was a previously uncontrolled junction, and they ARE around - Val's right on that, even if he's completely wrong on applying Give Way to the right on them. Here's an example - from my former basic training routes in Ashford, Kent. https://goo.gl/maps/58gKWr536qtW1KZf9

2. The following user liked this post made by The Spin Doctor:

Val

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission