TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: One for Julian maybe?

  1. #1
    Really Bored TrickyDicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Baarkshire
    Posts
    2,167
    Like
    1,114
    Liked 1,501 in 661 posts

    Default One for Julian maybe?


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    From PBMag forum -

    FZR400RR - R6 Shock with Adaptor
    https://pbmagforum.co.uk/topic/70956...-with-adaptor/

    In case you're not on there- this is the ad:


    Got an R6 shock here doing nothing much. With a projection components adaptor.

    75 euro incl post to UK?

    https://postimg.cc/gallery/2i486hoo4/

  2. #2
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    15,655
    Like
    1,161
    Liked 3,329 in 2,014 posts

    Default Re: One for Julian maybe?

    Been offered one before, but I didn't rate R6 shocks back when I was quickish, too little low speed compression damping, so I'll continue with the original until I get good enough to notice how shite it is.

  3. #3
    Really Bored TrickyDicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Baarkshire
    Posts
    2,167
    Like
    1,114
    Liked 1,501 in 661 posts

    Default Re: One for Julian maybe?

    Fair enough- just struck me as a potentially decent upgrade for pennies relatively speaking. , also opening up a big range of further options if you wanted something other than an OEM 2CO shock.

    And as a bonus, replacing the original with a half decent (and less than 25-year-old) shock would likely save you money on tyres too

  4. The following user liked this post made by TrickyDicky:


  5. #4
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    15,655
    Like
    1,161
    Liked 3,329 in 2,014 posts

    Default Re: One for Julian maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickyDicky View Post
    Fair enough- just struck me as a potentially decent upgrade for pennies relatively speaking. , also opening up a big range of further options if you wanted something other than an OEM 2CO shock.

    And as a bonus, replacing the original with a half decent (and less than 25-year-old) shock would likely save you money on tyres too
    It probably would save me money on tyres is good, also the point about being able to but a more modern shock for it easily is something I hadn't thought of, perhaps I need to have a rethink, I was going to get a YSS shock for the FZR (about 300) when I felt it was time to change it, but having the option of R6 shocks would be good, apparently a 2006 GSXR750 shock fits but is about 20mm short.

  6. #5
    Should Get Out More Supermofo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,637
    Like
    3,037
    Liked 1,743 in 1,134 posts

    Default Re: One for Julian maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    It probably would save me money on tyres is good, also the point about being able to but a more modern shock for it easily is something I hadn't thought of, perhaps I need to have a rethink, I was going to get a YSS shock for the FZR (about 300) when I felt it was time to change it, but having the option of R6 shocks would be good, apparently a 2006 GSXR750 shock fits but is about 20mm short.
    Or just buy an R6
    IMG-20190417-WA0002.jpg

  7. #6
    Should Get Out More Weeksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Newbury/Didcot
    Posts
    56,109
    Like
    2,835
    Liked 10,141 in 5,817 posts

    Default Re: One for Julian maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    Or just buy an R6
    IMG-20190417-WA0002.jpg
    did you let the kids loose with a Fast Bikes mag sticker set ?

  8. #7
    Should Get Out More Supermofo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,637
    Like
    3,037
    Liked 1,743 in 1,134 posts

    Default Re: One for Julian maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    did you let the kids loose with a Fast Bikes mag sticker set ?
    They were on there when I got it and I was only interested in riding it so unless I crashed it they weren't coming off. Not sure if the spare farings had stickers or not. Keep banging my head on them!

  9. #8
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    15,655
    Like
    1,161
    Liked 3,329 in 2,014 posts

    Default Re: One for Julian maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    Or just buy an R6
    IMG-20190417-WA0002.jpg
    Only if you'll take an FZR400 in part ex as I haven't got the space for another bike, and I don't want to be without a track bike.

  10. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:


  11. #9
    Should Get Out More Supermofo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,637
    Like
    3,037
    Liked 1,743 in 1,134 posts

    Default Re: One for Julian maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    Only if you'll take an FZR400 in part ex as I haven't got the space for another bike, and I don't want to be without a track bike.
    I'd quite like an FZR, but the Mrs would kill me!

  12. #10
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    15,655
    Like
    1,161
    Liked 3,329 in 2,014 posts

    Default Re: One for Julian maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    I'd quite like an FZR, but the Mrs would kill me!
    She wouldn't notice.

  13. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:


Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission