TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh, is that another KTM ? Really ? Are you sure ? Is this the one and only keeper ?

Liked 5,936 in 3,735 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Oh, is that another KTM ? Really ? Are you sure ? Is this the one and only keeper

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    He was great on Yamaha xt660s too.
    It's a shame that so many bikes are crap straight out of the box. Car owners wouldn't put up with needing all this farting about.

Liked 10,324 in 5,907 posts

Default Re: Oh, is that another KTM ? Really ? Are you sure ? Is this the one and only keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    It's a shame that so many bikes are crap straight out of the box. Car owners wouldn't put up with needing all this farting about.
    Hard to argue, but we all know why, because of the euro4 stuff. The 690 is a long way from being terrible and far from the worst at low rpm but is deffo nice to have it better

3. The following user liked this post made by Weeksy:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    Hard to argue, but we all know why, because of the euro4 stuff. The 690 is a long way from being terrible and far from the worst at low rpm but is deffo nice to have it better
    Maybe we should let VW make bikes with cheat devices

Liked 9,810 in 5,117 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    I think a lot of cars are but as they aren't normally as responsive as bikes you tend to notice it less.

Back on topic, yes my Xt660 had the kev mod and fuelled well.

6. The following user liked this post made by Taipan:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    I think a lot of cars are but as they aren't normally as responsive as bikes you tend to notice it less.

Back on topic, yes my Xt660 had the kev mod and fuelled well.
    Some of us buy vee hickles with 200 gee gees. We can afford to lose a bit

By eck that was nice ! Been away for 2 weeks so not ridden the bike of course, but commuted in after getting back at 8pm last night.

One thing that's now moved to the top of my upgrade list.... heated grips...

I saw 7.5deg at one stage BRRRRRR

2019-08-21_06-39-38 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

9. The following user liked this post made by Weeksy:

Liked 7,243 in 4,085 posts

What about heated gloves?

You wouldn't have to butcher the OEM grips then and you could wear them on any bike (if you use a battery pack).

Quote Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post
    What about heated gloves?

You wouldn't have to butcher the OEM grips then and you could wear them on any bike (if you use a battery pack).
    Thought about them a few times, but not that keen in honesty. Don't mind taking the OEMs apart as i'm keeping this one

Liked 7,243 in 4,085 posts

The best headed grips I've seen are the ones on the wife's BMW (I'm sure the KTM ADV bikes use a similar system). The button for turning them on is part of the standard switch gear and the 'setting' is displayed on the standard clocks, much neater than there 3rd party one with controllers you have to find somewhere to mount.

Can you get proper KTM ones for the 690 that integrate?

13. The following user liked this post made by KungFooBob:

The best headed grips I've seen are the ones on the wife's BMW (I'm sure the KTM ADV bikes use a similar system). The button for turning them on is part of the standard switch gear and the 'setting' is displayed on the standard clocks, much neater than there 3rd party one with controllers you have to find somewhere to mount.

Sadly not, whilst KTM do integrate them on things like the 1090, 1190, SDR, there's some like the 690 and 790 where they're not quite integrated, they do wire into the ACC1/2 connectors in the headlight unit, which is nice, but still has the bar mounted switch like an Oxford set etc.

When I got my F8R I didn't realise it had heated grips. As I was riding along I tried to change the computer display but nothing seemed to be happening, so I gave up. A few minutes later I thought my hands felt funny then realised they were getting hot. Pulled over and saw the mode switch was on the other cluster and i'd inadvertently turned the heated grips on!

BMW ones are pretty damn good but as I ride with my fingers covering the levers, I still get cold and numb fingers, but warm palms. Might try heated gloves one day...

Liked 3,786 in 1,932 posts

BMW ones are pretty damn good but as I ride with my fingers covering the levers, I still get cold and numb fingers, but warm palms. Might try heated gloves one day...
    Or stop covering the levers and use the nice heated grips. Its not a 2T so not likely to nip up so no need to cover the clutch. Alternate between fore and middle finger over the front brake if you reaaaaally cant ride without the feeling of covering the brake

The heated grips on the Ducati have 3 settings. 1= Hot, 2= Molten Lava, 3= Surface of the sun ..... only ever used 1

Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post
    Or stop covering the levers and use the nice heated grips. Its not a 2T so not likely to nip up so no need to cover the clutch. Alternate between fore and middle finger over the front brake if you reaaaaally cant ride without the feeling of covering the brake

The heated grips on the Ducati have 3 settings. 1= Hot, 2= Molten Lava, 3= Surface of the sun ..... only ever used 1
    I've tried, but its a 40 year old habit and I cant seem to break it! Just not comfortable not covering my levers and having that instant response has probably stopped me hitting a few vehicles up the arse when i've been staring at totty!

18. The following user liked this post made by Taipan:

Blog Entries

I've tried, but its a 40 year old habit and I cant seem to break it! Just not comfortable not covering my levers and having that instant response has probably stopped me hitting a few vehicles up the arse when i've been staring at totty!
    Just slow down, so you have more time to observe the totty

20. The following user liked this post made by Yorick:

Liked 63 in 38 posts

I thought you had a rule about 10C or below

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission