TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh, is that another KTM ? Really ? Are you sure ? Is this the one and only keeper ?

Liked 7,569 in 4,287 posts

Default Re: Oh, is that another KTM ? Really ? Are you sure ? Is this the one and only keeper

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Someone post a pic, I'm far to idle to google it myself?

Liked 10,330 in 5,387 posts

Default Re: Oh, is that another KTM ? Really ? Are you sure ? Is this the one and only keeper

Quote Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post
    Not even sure what one is, but this is a spy shot of a new ktm, maybe its the one?

https://www.cycleworld.com/2020-ktm-...-duke-r-spied/

Liked 10,463 in 5,992 posts

Sun was shining and it's rarely done that lately, so i thought "Right, we're jumping on the bike". Off we went !

99% dry with a couple of minor and mostly avoidable damp bits.

Set into Sport mode, traction control enabled and ZOOOOOOOM we went.

The new Brembo SA pads, well, they're just incredible. I don't do 1 finger braking myself, but i easily could if i wanted to that's for sure.

The new power mode, well no, it's not night and day.. it's just a bit 'more' all round really... a little bit... I like having the TC, even if i'm not activating it, it does mean i can try and get out of the corners a tiny bit earlier, but again, it's not like i'm spinning it up and leaving dark lines on corner exit.

I did have a bit of a coming together with the local wildlife, it was off the road on the pavement and then decided the best plan was to jump into my bike... It was only when i stopped i saw that it's lost a wing. Stupid animal !

2019-10-16_04-15-08 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

2019-10-16_04-14-53 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

2019-10-16_04-14-39 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

4. The following user liked this post made by Weeksy:

Liked 1,863 in 1,221 posts

How they have got this far as a species I'll never know. Properly stupid animals

Liked 10,330 in 5,387 posts

Quote Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post

Well the frost arrived this morning along with "Salt Spreading" on the motorway signs last night. So it's entirely possible the KTM will disappear under a cover now until March.

Got a few winter mods planned i reckon for this and then out in spring for some road and track action.

Liked 5,627 in 3,009 posts
    Blog Entries

I haven't ridden for over 3 weeks. Probably the longest gap since January.
    I think I'll put the KTM 790 to bed for the winter and tax the Triumph, its got heated grips, big screen, hand guards etc

9. The following user liked this post made by GiantPygmy:

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    I haven't ridden for over 3 weeks. Probably the longest gap since January.
    I think I'll put the KTM 790 to bed for the winter and tax the Triumph, its got heated grips, big screen, hand guards etc
    IT's not the cold that worries me, the heated grips and textiles can take care of that. It's the tractor mud, rain and road-salt which is the issue for me.

Liked 5,627 in 3,009 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    IT's not the cold that worries me, the heated grips and textiles can take care of that. It's the tractor mud, rain and road-salt which is the issue for me.
    And for me on the KTM I'll probably sell it in the spring...

Liked 6,174 in 3,879 posts
    Blog Entries

Biting my tongue

Liked 1,863 in 1,221 posts

Yup thick ice on my windscreen this morning and see a tweet from Herts Highways saying they are salt spreading tonight

Haven't got the bike ready for winter yet, so will give it a good wash, lube the chain and cover it till March. Was hoping for 1 more ride and fill from empty with non E5 super but not gonna happen I think. Having said that when I popped into the Esso last time even their Super now has an E5 sticker

A Bit Bored
    Liked 53 in 30 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    Was hoping for 1 more ride and fill from empty with non E5 super but not gonna happen I think. Having said that when I popped into the Esso last time even their Super now has an E5 sticker
    Don't panic, it's just a new labelling regulation. There's been no actual change to the Esso Synergy Supreme+ http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...96&postcount=8

Can't help with the salt though, I'm afraid!

15. The following user liked this post made by Luddite:

Not Much To Do
    Liked 227 in 136 posts

So how will we know when they actually start to put E in it?

A Bit Bored
    Liked 53 in 30 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wossname View Post
    So how will we know when they actually start to put E in it?
    Well, we won't know from what's written on the pump but there is a very simple test you can do to see if your petrol contains ethanol. I check my local garage every three months or so and especially before filling the tank to lay the bike up over winter.

More details here: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=54542

If you just want to see if there's ethanol present and you're not worried about calculating the actual percentage, then you don't need a graduated cylinder, any glass container, such as a jam jar will do.

18. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Luddite:

Not Much To Do
    Liked 227 in 136 posts

Seems an easy way to sneak it in one day without telling anybody.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission