TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New build garage suggestions and experiences

Liked 730 in 343 posts

Default Re: New build garage suggestions and experiences

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post
    I looked there before, i dont know if they travel to Scotland as they are a Yorkshire company
    I think they're happy to bung them on a lorry and deliver. not too hard to put up on a properly flat base...

Liked 4,970 in 3,322 posts

There's lots of companies making concrete garages, all claiming to be the best, there's probably not a lot to choose between them. I bought a concrete garage about four years ago from https://nucrete.co.uk/.

The new base cost me £1,250. The garage cost about £3,500 £3,334 (I just checked), delivered and erected. A few months later I noticed water coming through one of the concrete panels so I sent them an email and they sent a couple of blokes round to change the panel.

They all seem to have vary their prices depending where you are in the country, i.e. how far they have to travel to deliver it.

BTW It took two blokes a couple of hours to erect it, I reckon if you chose to do it yourself with a couple of mates who also didn't know what they were doing it would take an awful lot longer (days instead of hours).

Liked 1,321 in 931 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Craigyboy9 View Post
    The roofing part of the build I’d tackle no bother, it’s really just getting the foundation, slab and brickwork done right that worries me.

I doubt I’d get a container in any of the properties I’m looking at. I’ve already got a half container in a storage yard that costs £90 a month, I think I’d need a full one for all my stuff and they’re about £160 a month.
    You'd need a slab whatever type of garage you put up, any wooden flooring will be temporary. The roof would put me off and push me towards a metal garage but if you're happy with that then the blockwork can't be that difficult.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission