TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The journey begins with a honda cbr600f

A Bit Bored
    Liked 88 in 33 posts

Default Re: The journey begins with a honda cbr600f

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    Well done on the pass.

Defo look into a track day or 10. Top fun. Just remember you ain't Marquez and have fun. Pity you've missed peak summer as Snetterton do track evenings for about 45 quid in summer. You get a decent number of sessions and don't need to be at the track for 7.30am.

Re meets/groups it's a difficult one. I've met up with a few in my time and some I've hated, others like the old VD SM Essex rides were Ace, as were some of the late night rides into the West End from the Ace with some of the LondonBikers lot. As time went on though I preferred riding with those I trusted in smaller numbers as had too many moments with bigger meets. Most of us are too spread out to meet. LondonBikers used to be good for meets as it was regular and at a central location esp the Ace on Friday nights. But it was mixed. I tend to ride alone 99% of the time now and only miss folks when I stop for coffee. Only done 1 ride with my Bro this year, 1 with my Dad and 1 with my neighbour. Pity as had some epic rides with my little Bro over the years, bit lary without getting stupid
    Thanks for the heads up on Snetterton, is that every year? If so then Iíll certainly come back to that. As for the meets, totally understand itís gonna be various personalities and Iím pretty sharp at spotting a numpty. Sounds judgemental, totally not, just have to get rid of the nobs in life. Iím just looking forward to enjoying a good ride out with half sensible riders, although most younger daredevils nowadays donít seem to give a sh1t. Thatís the only thing that puts me off big rides. Iím sure Iíll get there eventually

Thanks a bunch,

A.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 1,456 in 921 posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotashes View Post
    What happens to those who do t fit in?
    This one comes here anyway.

3. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Bike Breaker:

Liked 3,753 in 1,911 posts

If Snetterton is good for you then i must have missed where you are ?

5. The following user liked this post made by Bigyin:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 88 in 33 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post
    If Snetterton is good for you then i must have missed where you are ?
    Essex, Romford.

A.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 25 in 15 posts

I prefer riding on my own mostly but have had people I've been out with regularly before (where I used to live). It's good to ride with others if you're similar riders. One particular guy I used to work with was really good to ride with as we naturally had the same pace and there was no feeling like anyone was going too slow or too fast. One time though I went out for a ride with my mate and his brother in law and they were just ridiculous, I found myself riding beyond my comfort zone to try and keep up and in the end thought enough was enough so let them ride off in to the distance and caught up later haha. It's not worth crashing!

I'm local to you though so I'd be happy to go for a ride some time and show you some decent roads. You can head out of Romford, towards Ongar, then to Dunmow and up to Finchingfield which is a nice ride.

It's all about getting experience, going at your own pace and enjoying yourself whilst being safe.

8. The following 7 users liked this useful post by Rsw46:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 88 in 33 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rsw46 View Post
    I prefer riding on my own mostly but have had people I've been out with regularly before (where I used to live). It's good to ride with others if you're similar riders. One particular guy I used to work with was really good to ride with as we naturally had the same pace and there was no feeling like anyone was going too slow or too fast. One time though I went out for a ride with my mate and his brother in law and they were just ridiculous, I found myself riding beyond my comfort zone to try and keep up and in the end thought enough was enough so let them ride off in to the distance and caught up later haha. It's not worth crashing!

I'm local to you though so I'd be happy to go for a ride some time and show you some decent roads. You can head out of Romford, towards Ongar, then to Dunmow and up to Finchingfield which is a nice ride.

It's all about getting experience, going at your own pace and enjoying yourself whilst being safe.
    Makes sense, briefly remember you mentioning your around CM postcode and have family this way. I would certainly take you up on that offer of a ride out or few, once Iím full licence and insured. Do you go out much on the bike?

Thanks,

A.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 25 in 15 posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotashes View Post
    Makes sense, briefly remember you mentioning your around CM postcode and have family this way. I would certainly take you up on that offer of a ride out or few, once I’m full licence and insured. Do you go out much on the bike?

Thanks,

A.
    Yeah I'm always out on the bike, there are some brilliant roads around here!

11. The following user liked this post made by Rsw46:

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,409 in 2,062 posts

You need to go further afield if you think the roads of Essex are brilliant, they're average at best, there's too much traffic and too many pot holes on them, go a bit further and get up into Norfolk away from humans.

13. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Julian_Boolean:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 88 in 33 posts

Sounds a plan, Iím sure itís good to learn from experienced riders which routes are good, although Iíve got the Tomtom Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    You need to go further afield if you think the roads of Essex are brilliant, they're average at best, there's too much traffic and too many pot holes on them, go a bit further and get up into Norfolk away from humans.
    Iím sure Norfolk isnít that long a drive on a bike, especially knowing there are some fun roads at the end. Anywhere in particular?

A.

From Romford go to the M25, go up the M11 and onto the A11 towards Thetford, then a loop up to Fakenham via Swaffham and back down via Dereham, or round the coast if you're feeling keen, but avoid the A12 back to London unless you enjoy traffic.

To be fair to Essex the roads are much the same as Suffolk and Norfolk, just busier, if you go out at the crack of dawn they should be quiet, I tend to go out early weekend mornings and be back in time to have breakfast with my family, but now I'm over 50 I don't do the long rides I used to, in my 30s I used to think 300 miles was an average day, and rode an early R1 from Ipswich to Abergavenny and back, nearly all on twisty roads, just because I wanted somewhere to ride to.

16. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 25 in 15 posts

Yeah that is true, there can be quite a lot of traffic round here but at the right time and on the right road it's good fun! I'm learning a lot of the roads in Essex after living in Somerset for 10 years. There really are some lovely roads in the Somerset/Dorset/Devon area, if a bit touristy during the summer!

18. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Rsw46:

Liked 2,152 in 984 posts

the A11 towards Thetford, then a loop up to Fakenham via Swaffham and back down via Dereham, or round the coast if you're feeling keen, but avoid the A12 back to London unless you enjoy traffic.
    Impossible to read that without hearing it in Alan Partridge's voice....

20. The following 2 users liked this useful post by nidge:

Quote Originally Posted by nidge View Post
    Impossible to read that without hearing it in Alan Partridge's voice....
    In my head it was more like Ted from the Fast Show

Yeah that is true, there can be quite a lot of traffic round here but at the right time and on the right road it's good fun! I'm learning a lot of the roads in Essex after living in Somerset for 10 years. There really are some lovely roads in the Somerset/Dorset/Devon area, if a bit touristy during the summer!
    There are some superb roads in wurzel land, we went down to Barnstaple a couple of weeks ago for a week, the Atlantic Highway is fun when it's not busy, as is the road to Torrington (and lots of others)

23. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:

Liked 3,183 in 1,600 posts

Speaking as a yokel the roads there are amazing and the trick in the summer is to be out early. My buddy and I used to get to the cafe at least 30 mins before it opened, but it gave us time to sit and grin big!! LOL He couldn't ride far, but could still ride fing fast!!! so we went to the same place each time. The ride there was generally empty and awesome. The ride back was still pretty awesome but crawling with cars and other bike and cyclists!! Still fun tho

25. The following user liked this post made by Noggin:

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission