TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roundabouts getting replaced by traffic lights into straight junctions?

At Work
    Liked 471 in 250 posts

Default Re: Roundabouts getting replaced by traffic lights into straight junctions?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    That's in Beverley at the end of Grovehill Road, about 200m from where I used to live, an exceedingly poor design and totally unnecessary. An embarrassment to my profession.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 1,467 in 930 posts

Default Re: Roundabouts getting replaced by traffic lights into straight junctions?

Quote Originally Posted by GuzziPaul View Post
    That's in Beverley at the end of Grovehill Road, about 200m from where I used to live,
    and 6 miles from where I still live. It worked really well when all the lights failed.

3. The following user liked this post made by Bike Breaker:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 3 in 3 posts

You would have thought roundabouts, or Islands, as they say in Leicester, 😂 would be better for traffic flow. Thatís why they put so many of them in Milton Keynes. And it seems to work.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 960 in 563 posts

Quote Originally Posted by BikerJo View Post
    You would have thought roundabouts, or Islands, as they say in Leicester, �� would be better for traffic flow. That’s why they put so many of them in Milton Keynes. And it seems to work.
    Up to a point... then they clog up and actually slow the traffic flow down. Think about it - if there is a non-stop flow in one direction, it's almost impossible to find a gap to cross that flow.

And Milton Keynes was designed for the car, and they planned ahead for increased traffic flow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission