TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Gpz1100 A2clutch

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Gpz1100 A2clutch

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    hi everyone,can anyone on here tell me if my kawasaki gpz1100 1984 a2 uses the little ball bearing that goes with the clutch pushrod ?,also if it does,what side does it fit into...ie...clutch side or release side..the only manual apart from the genuine one is a clymer and that shows the ball bearing being used..can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Liked 915 in 511 posts

Default Re: Gpz1100 A2clutch

Looks to me it goes on the outside
    This help?
    https://www.kawasaki.com/Parts/Parts...1984/ZX1100-A2

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,605 in 2,191 posts

From memory there is a ball bearing between the clutch pushrod and the mushroom.
    Give Chris Tombleson a ring at Grumpy 1260, he'll probably know, if not, he'll know a man who does.
    The other people to call are Dave Ennis (Buzzardworks) or Debden Performance.

Apparently I'm stripping my Unitrak engine on Sunday ready to put a new cam chain in (my mate is bored and wants something to do, and he knows far more about big Kawasaki engines than me)

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

lol,you must be bored julian..the only reference ive got to the clutch is a clymer manual and kawasaki usa site which shows it has bloody both...kawasaki ....you do make a lovely bike,but by christ,you make em complicated..lol..and i had to get the bloody bike where the clutch mechanism was used for 1 year only cos its crap lol..i bought the ball bearing from cradley and its fits in the pushrod hole,but then the clutch mushroom rod dont fit properly??..but the pics show it as being fitted into the long pushrod hole 1st...eh?..

In the genuine manual the it appears the pushrod pushes directly on the mushroom.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Uni clutch diagram

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

correct,thats the same as my setup,if you look on the kawasaki website,it shows 2 setups,1..uses a longer mushroom,the other has a short pushrod and ball bearing....and thats what i need is the proper workshop manual,i bought one pdf on ebay but all it covered for the gpz11 was the supplement,which i have,and the z1000r..

That picture is from the GPZ1100A supplement, there are also supplements for the shaft drive models, the 1100Bs and the Z1100R, so for the Unitrak GPZ1100 (ZX1100A) you need the Z1000J manual and ZX1100A supplement. I bought the whole lot off eBay for about 70, but for some things the Clymer manual is better than the Kawasaki one.

If in doubt talk to one of the engine builders I suggested, they've all been building Kawasaki race engines for 30 years, Chris and Dave are nice helpful people who'll give advice for free (I've never spoken to Debbens so can't comment on them)

Dave Marsden at Z Power has worked with Kawasaki spares since the 1970s and is another good source of knowledge, and join the Z1 Owners Club forum, there is so much knowledge on there you'll find out any info you need

BTW the ZX1100 has much the same clutch release mechanism as the first Z1, it's only the ball and ramp bit that's odd, and you can fit a hydraulic conversion.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

i have the supplement and it does show the ball,but a hydraulic conversion...wow,that sounds much better,cos when the clutch was working its bloody heavy,thats for sure...think ill give dave a call,nice bloke..been dealing with him for years,but debbens...nah..wont bother,had a bit og agg with them,they done my cylinder head..ok..nice job.but it cost me near 1600 and it leaked..tried to contact them even sent emails...no answer until i moaned about them on facebook and it caused a storm,shame really cos im not a vindictive bloke but after paying out that much and it leaked i was not happy..never mind..but i will look into the conversion..sounds good..

Tom Forde in Germany makes the bracket for the conversion, you'll need a ZXR750 slave cylinder and the master cylinder of your choice.
    The ZX1100 has a "mans" clutch

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

just had a chat with dave at z power and he remembers the clutch as the way in the supplement,which can still be bought but from the states as nos,im gonna give that a go..hope that works??

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission