TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday Fred

Liked 10,350 in 5,918 posts

Default Re: Friday Fred

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickyDicky View Post
    Just back from two absolutely brilliant days there myself, yesterday and today- as we were packing up this afternoon, bloke parked up next to me and pulled an OW01 with a primer -colour tank out of his van, and was coaxing it into life and I did wonder if you might be there

Cadwell is God's own track IMO and I love it, but yesterday was truly exceptional- only TD I've ever been on that didn't have ANY offs all day- one stoppage, that was in the first session when an R6 put a rod through the case at the end of Park right in front of me, which made me jump ( and cough) , and necessitated a bit of a clean up which you'll see the remnants of but two fabulous days.
    I got to scare myself witless on a beautiful 1299, love the 790 even more than I already did , we had lots of laughs and two good nights out in Louth too.

The H2 has unfortunately fucked my neck, hips and shoulders and I feel absolutely shagged tonight, not the best prep for my week-end as I am running the Richmond Marathon on Sunday ( ), but top couple of days, perfect weather - hope it all goes well for you
    That was tptejoe who used to post on here who I bought the gpx750r off. Ex IOM racer

2. The following user liked this post made by Weeksy:

Liked 1,545 in 677 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    That was tptejoe who used to post on here who I bought the gpx750r off. Ex IOM racer
    I remember him- his posts anyway, not sure I ever met him, but would have said hello if I knew.

Quite a few nice looking old bikes there as we left, and lots of old fuckers in cardies too- the smell of werthers was strong - almost made me feel young

Should Get Out More
    Liked 2,353 in 1,424 posts
    Blog Entries

and two good nights out in Louth too.
    That sounds like a lie Mrs. D is a native Ludensian* and she considers Louth to be the arse end of nowhere. Her opinion has rubbed off on me

Cheese shop is worth a visit though

*i.e. she's from Louth

5. The following user liked this post made by Mr. Dazzle:

Liked 2,561 in 1,420 posts
    Blog Entries

Had a lovely night in with wonder wife, tomorrow test riding a Spaggon, then probably going to the river with the kayak.
    Sunday, it’s the “All creatures” service at church, We are taking a couple of donkeys with us!

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,508 in 2,128 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    Double trackday at Cadwell

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk
    It was fab, I've got quicker, and kept up with a genuine Suzuki XR69.

8. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Julian_Boolean:

Liked 3,286 in 1,716 posts

Had an epic weekends sailing. It was so hot today that I had to stop in a little bay with a beach, chuck out the anchor and jump off the boat for a swim.

Last night I took the tender to the pub, got minced, forgot the time and ended up with the tender beached on a mud bank. It was like doing a 'mud run' again getting the damn thing off the knee deep gloop. I worked off the calories of the beer though...

All in all an epic weekend.

10. The following 2 users liked this useful post by balbas:

Liked 1,545 in 677 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dazzle View Post
    That sounds like a lie Mrs. D is a native Ludensian* and she considers Louth to be the arse end of nowhere. Her opinion has rubbed off on me

Cheese shop is worth a visit though

*i.e. she's from Louth
    (Its who you're with not where you are - mostly anyway )

Louth, along with every other Lincs town/City I've ever visited, always makes me smile a bit every time I visit, is like stepping back in time 30 or more years, that not necessarily a completely bad thing, mostly.

We stayed in the Pack Horse in town this time which was, erm, interesting, don't know whether it was a special week, but there were loud really shit faced local people in there at 6-7pm-ish on both (Weds and Thurs) evenings when we got there

Liked 5,972 in 3,756 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by balbas View Post
    Had an epic weekends sailing. It was so hot today that I had to stop in a little bay with a beach, chuck out the anchor and jump off the boat for a swim.

Last night I took the tender to the pub, got minced, forgot the time and ended up with the tender beached on a mud bank. It was like doing a 'mud run' again getting the damn thing off the knee deep gloop. I worked off the calories of the beer though...

All in all an epic weekend.
    Tender ? wassat ?

I assume minced means pissed ?

Liked 268 in 163 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Tender ? wassat ?

a dinghy or other boat used to ferry people and supplies to and from a ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Tender ? wassat ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
    a dinghy or other boat used to ferry people and supplies to and from a ship.
    Yeah, little dinghy. My boat needs 1.4m of water to float in. So to get to shore I often need a little dinghy. In this case I went ashore to the pub on a flood tide but forgot to leave at 2200hrs whilst I still had enough water for the dinghy to float in.

'Minced' slang I've picked up from a northern colleague (from Huddersfield) meaning pissed as a newt.

15. The following user liked this post made by balbas:

Liked 1,934 in 1,000 posts

As is normal for an adulting weekend, the toddler decided to have trouble with new molars on Friday which kind of put a dampener in the weekend, on the plus side there were lots of sofa-based cuddles and an excuse to watch the new Cinderella film without having to hand in my man card. On the downside there was projectile vomiting in the back of the camper, not much sleep and enough waste food to feed a small famine.

Back at work today, full house in the office and an opportunity to relax for a few hours before I have to go home again.

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 4,774 in 2,991 posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post
    WFH today.
    Saturday, clean down the smoker & BBQ in readiness for Sunday, get out on the bike for a couple of hours.
    Sunday, 35173's 18th party @ my gaff, much meat eating and beer drinking, expecting about 40 to be in attendance and I'm chief cook.
    Monday, mercifully working from home
    Well they'll not be much working today I reckon.
    I think yesterday was the first all day drinking session in a long while, and although I limited myself to larger and little largers at that I'm as rough as a badgers arse today after the hangover from hell woke me up at 04:00hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post
    Well they'll not be much working today I reckon.
    I think yesterday was the first all day drinking session in a long while, and although I limited myself to larger and little largers at that I'm as rough as a badgers arse today after the hangover from hell woke me up at 04:00hrs.
    Largers? I'm not surprised you are hungover. Should have stuck to the slightly smallers....

19. The following 2 users liked this useful post by balbas:

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,508 in 2,128 posts

(Its who you're with not where you are - mostly anyway )

Louth, along with every other Lincs town/City I've ever visited, always makes me smile a bit every time I visit, is like stepping back in time 30 or more years, that not necessarily a completely bad thing, mostly.

We stayed in the Pack Horse in town this time which was, erm, interesting, don't know whether it was a special week, but there were loud really shit faced local people in there at 6-7pm-ish on both (Weds and Thurs) evenings when we got there
    Lincolnshire is like Suffolk 20 years ago, whether this is a good or a bad thing depends on the individual, as a 53 year old I would like to live there, but if I was 23 I wouldn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission