TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Rock Star Pete :(

Liked 3,227 in 1,628 posts

Default Rock Star Pete :(

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Back at the pub in Bristol I had a friend called Rock Star Pete. He looked like a rockstar and had been in some bands (played in K-Passa back in the 90's. And one called the Delegates) and drank like a few rockstars!!

He had the maddest humour and similar political views to me - despite the fact that bar staff were supposed to have no politics, we'd often escape the madness and xenophobia in the bar and 'hideout' in the smoking area taking the piss out of all and sundry, each other and generally just being daft

He drank too much and smoked too much - probably always had. He'd married a lovely girl locally and had two kids as well as a grown up one from a previous marriage. Current wife was sooo patient. Although, due to the closeness of their house to the pub, she did on occasion call and tell him to get his arse back home. I'm busy working he'd say. Till she pointed out that she could hear him laughing and telling jokes from their garden, so please get arse back home - oh and stop for a pint of milk and bottle of wine from the garage on the way!!

Total one off kind of guy. Able to walk into any room and make friends and cheer people up. In the last few years they'd rescued ex battery hens and the stories he used to post about the antics, dealing with threat of foxes etc etc were fantastic!! Made me laugh out loud, especially since I'd watched him dealing with said hens over the years!! Not great when they wander into the house and he comes out of the office barefoot straight into chicken shit that was kindly left as a gift by one of the rescues!! Cursing could be heard for miles!! LOL

This afternoon I see on facebook that he died in his sleep. FUCK Fuck and fuck.

What and incredibly amazing man and friend. And, as with others I already miss, I don't get to talk to him again

Totally gutted. He really was one of life's rockstars and just awesome people. Sure he'll be on his cloud singing and playing and pointing with laughter at the rest of the world

Now I have to get myself together and go for a birthday BBQ up in resort. Just want to get shitfaced and play loud music but got to drive back to the sodding cats!!!

Soooo - once I'm back and cats are sorted I can see me sitting on the terrace with a gigantic glass of genepi, looking at the full moon and playing music till late

Shine on Rockstar, shine on

2. The following 6 users liked this useful post by Noggin:

Liked 2,664 in 1,590 posts

Default Re: Rock Star Pete :(

I have a few 'starlight' friends like that. Lost one last year, 47 I think he was. It's sad when anyone goes natch but some of it is just so fookin unfair.
    Rip

4. The following 2 users liked this useful post by DefTrap:

Liked 3,358 in 2,213 posts

RIP Rockstar

6. The following user liked this post made by Horse:

Liked 3,227 in 1,628 posts

Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post

I have a few 'starlight' friends like that. Lost one last year, 47 I think he was. It's sad when anyone goes natch but some of it is just so fookin unfair.
    Rip
    It sodding well is. I didn't get to see him last year when I was back as he was apparently in rehab! (He'd had an alcohol issue for all the time I knew him Probably abused pretty much every other substance in his life too)

Was gutted that I didn't see him as conversations with him were always awesome. He had a big party in June that I couldn't get to (financially ) and now I'm even more gutted that I didn't

I guess in some ways it's good that he died in his sleep. But he was the kind of person you'd expect to go out in a blaze of glory!

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission