TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Presenting Science Of Being Seen - Wed 25 Sep UXBRIDGE, W LONDON

Should Get Out More
    Liked 947 in 555 posts

Default Presenting Science Of Being Seen - Wed 25 Sep UXBRIDGE, W LONDON

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Blimey... just like buses. I've just confirmed another Science Of Being Seen (SOBS) presentation, this time on behalf of the West London Riders group.

It's on Wed 25th September and the venue is Uxbridge Masonic Centre, 4 Hercies Road, Uxbridge UB10 9NA. I should get there for around 7:45 for 8:00pm. The talk will last 45-50 minutes and I'll be taking Q and As at the end.

They hope for a good in-club attendance but there will be space for non-members. If you're in the area and interested, why not pop along?

There's more about SOBS in the other Cambridge thread but in brief, it's a researched and science-based talk about human visual perception, and the impact on the 'looked but failed to see' error and popular conspicuity strategies. I also offer some advice on how to change conspicuity strategies to something likely to be more effective, and how to be pro-active and prevent drivers NEEDING to see you.

2. The following 2 users liked this useful post by The Spin Doctor:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 947 in 555 posts

Default Re: Presenting Science Of Being Seen - Wed 25 Sep UXBRIDGE, W LONDON

BUMP

Anyone interested?

Should Get Out More
    Liked 947 in 555 posts

Default Re: Presenting Science Of Being Seen - Wed 25 Sep UXBRIDGE, W LONDON

Well that was a damn good evening... great bunch, kept me talking for nearly two hours, what with the questions. Bought some books, and even bought me a pint

5. The following user liked this post made by The Spin Doctor:

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission