TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: 2020 Spain/France/?

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default 2020 Spain/France/?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    So here's abit of background history! I've had my full motorbike licence for 4 years now and Every year I say too myself I'll book a ferry across to Europe and go on an adventure. From every excuse too lack of funds, unable to find someone also able too take time off work to even ill have too buy a second bike because mine isn't suitable!! Pretty much I've been holding myself back from achieving something that is well with my reach! So next year with a little planning and any advice is welcome I'm going too make this little dream a reality. So here's what I have so far
    Day 1:Portsmouth to Santander

Day 2: Santander to picos de Europa

Day 3: picos de Europa to Pyrenees national park

Day 4: picos Europa to the Millau bridge (I would just like too see it because it looks crazy big!!)

Day 5: millau to route napoleon

Pretty much from then on I'm open too ideas as too what you guys have done/seen/experienced that you think would be worth seeing and also what time of the year would be best. I'm definately interested in anything related too World War One & two but would also enjoy seeing parts of France maybe not so built up and touristy. So any help would be much appriecetd

Liked 7,582 in 4,294 posts

Default Re: 2020 Spain/France/?

I'm hoping day four is a typo

I'd take in Andorra, just to say I've been.

Liked 1,541 in 892 posts

Maybe chill out after all that with a Flashtour?

Liked 10,348 in 5,394 posts

I did a Normandy tour on a scooter! Just go for it. FWIW, going over the Milau bridge is a bit disappointing. Its much better seen from below and I rather liked Milau and decided to stay a night there when i went.

Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Liked 2,990 in 2,025 posts

Advice? Tempting as it is to pack lots in, try to avoid it.

Plan shorter days. An average of 200 miles per day will let you see more, and will be far more enjoyable. Some days going from A to B can be much longer, but you won't see that much, balance them with short days, or even no-bike days. Big fast roads are nice, but a big fast road in Spain looks much like a big fast road in France. Little country roads let you see the real country, but they aren't fast. Towns and cities can be fascinating, but are often best explored on foot.

Route advice? Not (yet) been to Spain on a bike, nor the Millau bridge so can't really help. From talking to others who have been, the Picos, the Pyrenees, and home via the Millau Bridge would be a pretty full 2 week tour.

Liked 5,630 in 3,011 posts
    Blog Entries

Best bit about the Milau bridge is the Gorges du Tarn out to the north east on the D907, its a really nice ride up and down following the river. Watch out of its wet though, its really easy to spin up the rear on the glossy tarmac

The bridge itself is okay but you can see from the photo of me an a couple of matesgoing over it that the sidewalls are too high for you to be able to see down. its actually more impressive from the view point below (1,000ft below)

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Cheers for the replyís people!!. Taipan.. to be fair that does sounds like fun going round Normandy on a scooter, as long as your out and seeing new things thatís all that matters!! Fingers crossed it was above 50cc though😂

Cousin jack..everything you said has made complete sense, although the idea in my head was too complete hundreds of miles and fit in as much as possible that would mean literally seeing a lot of different places but actually very little of them. So Iím going too take your advise and maybe slow it all down abit to take my time in each destination I go too. Letís be honest that is the whole point!

Giantpygmy... see this is exactly the information you can only get from a forum like this!! Il have to checkout the D907.. I guess It makes sense for health and safety point of view having the rails but definately ruins the visual aspect😂.. so maybe il go over it and park up at the view point also. When did you manage to get out there? And what bike did you have if you donít mind me asking? Thanks again lads appreciate it!

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission