TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should we write a little memoirs of Mr Tack for Marydoll and Jules

Should Get Out More
    Liked 475 in 351 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Should we write a little memoirs of Mr Tack for Marydoll and Jules

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Would it be a good idea to write something about our memories of Mr Tack.

Thinking it would be nice to show how many good times we all had.

If it is a stupid idea, just say.

2. The following 9 users liked this useful post by katana:

Liked 10,419 in 5,961 posts

Default Re: Should we write a little memoirs of Mr Tack for Marydoll and Jules

Sounds like an epic plan.

Liked 3,947 in 1,964 posts

Ok i'll start .... the tassles incident in full

Early 2000's i was fairly new to Visordown but came down to London for some drinks on a Thursday evening iirc. I was staying with Merv and Tufty at their place so i could have a few then ride back the following day. It was probably one of the first times i had met Tack face to face but we had chatted on line before and spoke on the phone as well.

Much amusement was had and tales told so skip to later in the evening and Tack was about to leave on his pride and joy Harley with the wide high bars as he had been good and wasnt drinking. He nipped to the toilet before leaving at which point i quickly shredded a paper towel down into small strips, went out to the car park and stuck them on each end of the handlebars as you would on a little girls pushbike and got back in the pub without being noticed.

We all go outside to say bye to Tack, from memory Nicki, maybe Kat, Sandy, OB and a few others are there as well as Merv and Tufty. mark sees the tassles and starts looking round at everyone who are now pissing themselves. He looks straight and me so i naturally look at Merv who was the jester of the London mob and dont say a word Tack takes off after the now running and crying laughing Merv threatening to kill him all round the car park

Eventually calm is restored and Mark get on the Harley and cool as you like pushed the starter button on the Harley which fucking leaps forward as he had left it in first and hadnt pulled in the clutch to start it. It hits the small border wall but luckily no damage is done so again everyone collapses laughing and Merv gets a Paddington Bear No9 stare from Mark who then just changes into a massive grin, calls us all a few names and rips up the street on his Harley.

Merv took the blame for that one for many many years online until we jump to Lumb Farm a few years ago for the TRC camping weekend and i am having a drink with Mark and Mary and brought up the subject and while laughing he again calls Merv a few names.... I finally admitted it was me and got ready to run but he just looked, laughed and said something along the lines of "I should have known from C*** In Disguise"

Happy days

5. The following 12 users liked this useful post by Bigyin:

+ Show/Hide list of likes

Really Bored
    Liked 403 in 205 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post
    Ok i'll start .... the tassles incident in full

Early 2000's i was fairly new to Visordown but came down to London for some drinks on a Thursday evening iirc. I was staying with Merv and Tufty at their place so i could have a few then ride back the following day. It was probably one of the first times i had met Tack face to face but we had chatted on line before and spoke on the phone as well.

Much amusement was had and tales told so skip to later in the evening and Tack was about to leave on his pride and joy Harley with the wide high bars as he had been good and wasnt drinking. He nipped to the toilet before leaving at which point i quickly shredded a paper towel down into small strips, went out to the car park and stuck them on each end of the handlebars as you would on a little girls pushbike and got back in the pub without being noticed.

We all go outside to say bye to Tack, from memory Nicki, maybe Kat, Sandy, OB and a few others are there as well as Merv and Tufty. mark sees the tassles and starts looking round at everyone who are now pissing themselves. He looks straight and me so i naturally look at Merv who was the jester of the London mob and dont say a word Tack takes off after the now running and crying laughing Merv threatening to kill him all round the car park

Eventually calm is restored and Mark get on the Harley and cool as you like pushed the starter button on the Harley which fucking leaps forward as he had left it in first and hadnt pulled in the clutch to start it. It hits the small border wall but luckily no damage is done so again everyone collapses laughing and Merv gets a Paddington Bear No9 stare from Mark who then just changes into a massive grin, calls us all a few names and rips up the street on his Harley.

Merv took the blame for that one for many many years online until we jump to Lumb Farm a few years ago for the TRC camping weekend and i am having a drink with Mark and Mary and brought up the subject and while laughing he again calls Merv a few names.... I finally admitted it was me and got ready to run but he just looked, laughed and said something along the lines of "I should have known from C*** In Disguise"

Happy days
    I wasn't at the pub for the tassle joke but just reading the names of Tack, Merv, Tufty and the Lumb Farm meet brings back a few memories.

7. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Beancounter:

Funnily enough, my lasting memory was at a pub too. We'd arrange a Friday get together near kings X. Some random place next to a river/canal, well, it was wet and had boats!

I don't recall everyone who was there but I was being massively corrupted by Angel Biker, Merv, Tack and others. We were drinking half pints of "stuff" in competition to see who could down the most. Standing outside and getting a bit mouthy of course, as we did.

A few hours pass and some woman is on a canal boat in a bikini top. So Tack says " she's looking over, why don't you swim over" I'd guess it was about 125m swim. But within about 10s both me and Angel Biker were in our undies with our clothes strewn across the floor and ready to swim for it.

I don't recall who exactly stopped us but we never swam.

Last thing I recall was sitting on the tube home, on the floor and puking all over my shoes. How I got home, is anyone's guess but I eventually woke up about 2pm in my own bed.

Happy happy days. I'll miss the big guys stories of his life over there.

9. The following 10 users liked this useful post by Weeksy:

Liked 3,421 in 2,254 posts

Not one where I was there, but a story I think that he posted.

Something along the lines of . . . a 'busy' Saturday evening, with a reported mass brawl outside a pub or club. As they arrived in the transit van, they piped 'Thin Lizzy' or something out over the van's PA system instead of using the siren.

Everyone stopped fighting to look and see what was arriving.

11. The following 5 users liked this useful post by Horse:

Should Get Out More The Martian's Avatar
    Liked 3,667 in 2,114 posts
    Blog Entries

At the mad hatter's ball I was pleased to (finally) meet Tack after having got on online but he made a point of giving me (I discovered later) a very firm handshake and greeting me with a very gruff / stern manner.

Cue a little later and I was outside in the smoking area, out of the way a little as my cigarette was a bit "herbal". I sense someone approaching from behind me and just as I do, the commanding voice of the large and imposing Police officer I'd met shortly before bellowed "who the FUCK is out here smoking illegal shit.." well, I almost shat my pants and froze for a moment, the moment of pause before he continued "without offering me any" pfffffft! Fuck me I nearly fell over, turned around and Tack was grinning at me - he'd clocked I'd been smoking when we greeted and purposely waited for me to go out hoping to catch me and shit me up a bit.. bloody worked!

Second time I met him I was on best behaviour as I had the ex wife with me, so when he pulled up I greeted him with a polite "Hi Tack, how are you" type greeting and he stomped up to me, said "hello you cuddly wuddly beary beary boo" bearhugged me off the ground, dropped me and walked straight off again

13. The following 7 users liked this useful post by The Martian:

Liked 2,626 in 1,428 posts

The Mad Hatter's Ball was the first time I met Tack and Marydoll (and you) as well. During the day Saturday he and Marydoll took me in the BMW to see the scenery just across the border in Wales. It was so foggy that we could only see a couple hundred feet. He was really disappointed because we were were way up in the hills where there would have been a spectacular view. I was enjoying what view we had in the fog. That was the day I learned that mini-roundabouts are decorative. And that Tack loved his BMW.

The next year we went back to Wales again and went up Hellfire Pass and it was windy and lashing it down. Each year I spend a few days in Church Stretton near Much Wenlock trying to find Hellfire Pass in the dry to take a picture for Tack. There's always great riding but not up Hellfire Pass. It's always raining in Wales.

15. The following 5 users liked this useful post by murcan:

Should Get Out More The Martian's Avatar
    Liked 3,667 in 2,114 posts
    Blog Entries

Bump.

Liked 10,106 in 5,275 posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Martian View Post
    Bump.
    Yeah. There must be more stories? I never met him, well I thought that, but then I saw a picture of him and if he worked out of West End Central in the early 80s, he might have nicked me! Guess i'll never know now!

Many of the old school have faded away into the ether from the forum. It used to be regular meet ups, but we all got old.

I'm sure Yin can tell a story about some leathers and a Pembrey trackday though.

19. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Weeksy:

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    Many of the old school have faded away into the ether from the forum. It used to be regular meet ups, but we all got old.

I'm sure Yin can tell a story about some leathers and a Pembrey trackday though.

Haha .... Weeksy turns up at Pembrey for the 2014 weekend trackday and tells all and sundry he is only there to help Ceri to get the most from her bike and he wont be going on track at all as he hasnt brought his leathers or bike and that will keep him off track.......He did bring his helmet though

At the same time echus turns up at the track and hands me a parcel he has brought which is the full set of Croatian coppers leathers that Tack had sent up for me and knew i would be there so Andy kindly brought them to me at Pembrey.

Couple of sessions go by and as usual Weeksy is itching to get out on track and we realise i now have a set of spare leathers as i travel in full Goretex kit ..... a few minutes later and hey presto he is ready to go and also wearing my Alpinestars boots

Of he goes out on a bike (possibly Muzzy and Sunnys track R6).... to be fair the jacket was a bit big but he managed 1 maybe 2 sessions wearing the Croatian copper leathers getting funny looks from the other lads in the same group.

When Tack saw the photo his reply on the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tack
    Weeksy joined the pigs
    The big fella thought it was hilarious

I think during that day Weeksy wore about 3 different sets of leathers and rode 4 different bikes
    Last edited by Bigyin; 20-09-19 at 22:04.

21. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Bigyin:

Liked 2,626 in 1,428 posts

I wish I had some clever tales to tell but really I just remember pleasant conversations about nothing and anything and swapping stories about our respective jobs while walking the streets of London. We toured the HMS Belfast once. And the Tower of London. We both concluded that we probably couldn't get away with the Crown Jewels, even though we each could have mustered the necessary resources at the time, and that Henry VIII was a fucking giant for his time judging by his armor.

How about this; we shared a delight in confounding bureaucracy to get our jobs done.

23. The following 5 users liked this useful post by murcan:

I also recall back in the days of VD in early 2000's when i was regularly down in London most weekends and at TequilaPixie and Uncle Sols wedding just round the corner from Tack and Marys flat. A great time was had by all and onwards to the reception when the drinks were getting knocked back. There were some photos being taken of all the guests and there is me and Fliss together and smiling for the camera despite the fact i hate my photo being taken.

A few days later we see the photos and behind us is Tack, mildly pissed doing bunny ears behind us both and laughing his head off .... i will call him by his favourite insult caaaaahhhhnnnttttt !

Sadly i cant dig up the photo as the hard drive it as hosted on owned by Merv crapped out so it was lost

Liked 108 in 27 posts

Thanks for this, I'll print this out too and take it with me.

26. The following user liked this post made by God:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission