TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Crime Bodge

  1. #1
    At Work jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,059
    Like
    390
    Liked 341 in 231 posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Crime Bodge


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    ok, a few initial qualifiers from my perspective:

    dude obvs has issues
    his channel provides content
    he doesn't always know what he's talking about

    tedious objections aside i'm kind of glad this dude is doing what he's doing. i get that policing requires a degree of co-operation from the general public, and in my experience* most coppers are fair. and besides, if we take away the human aspect/give and take what are we left with? but that all said i think it's good that someone out there is saying hang on, you can't do this?





    *i rarely have to deal with the po-po these days, but i have had the occasional run-in with those cvnting enforcement officers

  2. #2
    Should Get Out More DefTrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Roger Barlow's Tour of Europe
    Posts
    24,104
    Like
    3,060
    Liked 2,890 in 1,720 posts

    Default Re: Crime Bodge

    Yeah I stopped listening when the narrator said "500 pound" ...
    I have a friend who is fecking obsessed with his civil rights - he just likes arguing basically.

  3. #3
    Should Get Out More ink ink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29,044
    Like
    208
    Liked 4,302 in 2,881 posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Crime Bodge

    Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post
    Yeah I stopped listening when the narrator said "500 pound" ...
    I have a friend who is fecking obsessed with his civil rights - he just likes arguing basically.
    Quote Originally Posted by rudolph View Post
    The bloke is a cock.... and needs a fucking good kicking around the back of a police station imho.
    Thanks for taking one for the team lads.

    I’ll give it a miss!

  4. The following 2 users liked this useful post by ink ink:


  5. #4
    Should Get Out More Taipan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boerthal's hill
    Posts
    49,482
    Like
    18,354
    Liked 11,561 in 6,017 posts

    Default Re: Crime Bodge

    Seems to be a rise of these people and there maybe some good in them pointing out our rights and laws etc, but this is just antagonistic shite. With street and violent crime on the rise we, as a community, need to be onside with plod not creating bigger barriers.



  6. #5
    Should Get Out More NyseriA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    11,526
    Like
    6,195
    Liked 2,533 in 1,401 posts

    Default Re: Crime Bodge

    It rather looks like he approaches police, rather than the other way around.

    "What law am I breaking?"

    "Riding on the footway next to the highway*. Here's your ticket, good day."

    I have no problems at all with people asking about powers and laws, particularly if they are being subject to them, but trying to deliberately undermine cops who have better things to be doing is just a dick move.

    Riding around with a face covering is not illegal, but it will still draw the attentions of the police, particularly if you're on a bike and in an area where street robberies occur. Along with other factors, there is a risk of being arrested for "going equipped" given that only the merest of suspicions is required for a lock up. In general, you'd just get treated to rolling of the eyes...

  7. #6
    Should Get Out More nidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    6,307
    Like
    1,894
    Liked 2,580 in 1,162 posts

    Default Re: Crime Bodge

    "What law am I breaking?"

    "Wheaton's Law you fucking tool"

  8. The following user liked this post made by nidge:


  9. #7
    Should Get Out More slowsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    RoI
    Posts
    10,768
    Like
    564
    Liked 2,995 in 1,963 posts

    Default Re: Crime Bodge

    Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post

    tedious objections aside i'm kind of glad this dude is doing what he's doing. i get that policing requires a degree
    don't start that again

  10. The following 3 users liked this useful post by slowsider:


  11. #8
    At Work jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,059
    Like
    390
    Liked 341 in 231 posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Crime Bodge

    Quote Originally Posted by NyseriA View Post
    It rather looks like he approaches police, rather than the other way around.

    "What law am I breaking?"

    "Riding on the footway next to the highway*. Here's your ticket, good day."

    I have no problems at all with people asking about powers and laws, particularly if they are being subject to them, but trying to deliberately undermine cops who have better things to be doing is just a dick move.

    Riding around with a face covering is not illegal, but it will still draw the attentions of the police, particularly if you're on a bike and in an area where street robberies occur. Along with other factors, there is a risk of being arrested for "going equipped" given that only the merest of suspicions is required for a lock up. In general, you'd just get treated to rolling of the eyes...
    i get all that, and for the most part i agree. but there are other instances of the police exceding their powers (standing on feet, etc). also, do you know he was riding on the sidewalk?

  12. #9
    At Work jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,059
    Like
    390
    Liked 341 in 231 posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Crime Bodge

    Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post

    tedious objections aside...
    hey, i tried

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission