TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: 2020 Memorial Meet?

  1. #31
    This is the way The Martian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth...just visiting
    Posts
    31,879
    Like
    6,681
    Liked 3,869 in 2,232 posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Wink Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
    I thought you mostly instigated them, not oversaw them!! LOL
    What are you implying?



  2. The following user liked this post made by The Martian:


  3. #32
    This is the way The Martian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth...just visiting
    Posts
    31,879
    Like
    6,681
    Liked 3,869 in 2,232 posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    This is an adults-only site. Children under the age of 21 are not allowed on site.


    Erm, no then.
    I don't think they will be checking mental ages

  4. The following 2 users liked this useful post by The Martian:


  5. #33
    Should Get Out More chillitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gloucestercestershire
    Posts
    13,133
    Like
    3,151
    Liked 5,026 in 2,433 posts

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
    I thought you mostly instigated them, not oversaw them!! LOL
    Overflight rather than oversight

  6. The following user liked this post made by chillitt:


  7. #34
    Really Bored rodbargee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    3,428
    Like
    720
    Liked 781 in 368 posts

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Theres a plan in here somewhere!:

  8. The following 2 users liked this useful post by rodbargee:


  9. #35
    A Bit Bored
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    16
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    This sounds like fun! Do you have any dates yet you're thinking of doing this?

  10. #36
    Should Get Out More Tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Where I want to be.
    Posts
    33,812
    Like
    1,780
    Liked 2,484 in 1,276 posts

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    I expect to be in Siberia and the Stans over most of the summer next year but dates permitting I'm interested. Quite fancy giving Anglesey a whirl too, I think it's about the only UK circuit I haven't been to - though it's a bit of a trek for me.

  11. #37
    This is the way The Martian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth...just visiting
    Posts
    31,879
    Like
    6,681
    Liked 3,869 in 2,232 posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    I expect to be in Siberia and the Stans over most of the summer next year but dates permitting I'm interested. Quite fancy giving Anglesey a whirl too, I think it's about the only UK circuit I haven't been to - though it's a bit of a trek for me.
    Anglesey is a bit of a trek for pretty much everyone!

  12. The following 2 users liked this useful post by The Martian:


  13. #38
    This is the way The Martian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth...just visiting
    Posts
    31,879
    Like
    6,681
    Liked 3,869 in 2,232 posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Post Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Right then, anyone on the case (DB? GP?) or it won't happen again this year!

  14. The following user liked this post made by The Martian:


  15. #39
    Should Get Out More GiantPygmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    22,458
    Like
    7,177
    Liked 5,924 in 3,149 posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martian View Post
    Right then, anyone on the case (DB? GP?) or it won't happen again this year!
    Yep, I still reckon the Swan at Wilcot is ideal. I'll have a word with them I'm sure they'll be fine with one minor - he's almost a teenager ffs

    There's even accommodation if anyone wants to not camp

    http://www.thegoldenswan.co.uk/

    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Th...888!4d-1.79564

  16. The following user liked this post made by GiantPygmy:


  17. #40
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A windswept Hebridean paradise.
    Posts
    22,486
    Like
    1
    Liked 4,400 in 2,538 posts
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Good spot, we could have an outing to the Crofton beam engine.

  18. #41
    Should Get Out More GiantPygmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    22,458
    Like
    7,177
    Liked 5,924 in 3,149 posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    Good spot, we could have an outing to the Crofton beam engine.
    Yep, its a nice ride of a really good yomp down the tow path
    Also, Caen hill locks are worth a visit if you haven't seen them before

    As mentioned earlier, there's Avebury circle, Silbury hill, various White horses etc to take in on a ride out.
    Last edited by GiantPygmy; 20-01-20 at 10:56.

  19. #42
    Should Get Out More RiceBurner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hiding in your blind spot...
    Posts
    15,134
    Like
    4,450
    Liked 1,613 in 942 posts

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    Yep, I still reckon the Swan at Wilcot is ideal. I'll have a word with them I'm sure they'll be fine with one minor - he's almost a teenager ffs

    There's even accommodation if anyone wants to not camp

    http://www.thegoldenswan.co.uk/

    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Th...888!4d-1.79564

    Do they allow an open fire?

  20. The following user liked this post made by RiceBurner:


  21. #43
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A windswept Hebridean paradise.
    Posts
    22,486
    Like
    1
    Liked 4,400 in 2,538 posts
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    Yep, its a nice ride of a really good yomp down the tow path
    Also, Caen hill locks are worth a visit if you haven't seen them before

    As mentioned earlier, there's Avebury circle, Silbury hill, various White horses etc to take in on a ride out.

    And my m-i-l is close by. Which may or may not be a good thing.

  22. The following user liked this post made by cheb:


  23. #44
    Should Get Out More RiceBurner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hiding in your blind spot...
    Posts
    15,134
    Like
    4,450
    Liked 1,613 in 942 posts

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    And my m-i-l is close by. Which may or may not be a good thing.

    Does she allow an open fire?

  24. #45
    Should Get Out More GiantPygmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    22,458
    Like
    7,177
    Liked 5,924 in 3,149 posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiceBurner View Post
    Do they allow an open fire?
    I'll ask.

  25. The following user liked this post made by GiantPygmy:


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission