TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55

Thread: 2020 Memorial Meet?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    28,678
    Like
    2,881
    Liked 2,910 in 1,285 posts

    Question 2020 Memorial Meet?

    In light of recent events, would there be any interest in a summer camping meet up?

    I've been to the http://www.thebrucearms.net// before, and it's is a nice pub in Wiltshire with camping, but I don't believe you can have open fires.

    https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/En...dow_tree_farm/ allows large groups, open fires and has a pub 15min up the road.
    Last edited by Derek Badger; 24-09-19 at 12:34.

  2. The following 5 users liked this useful post by Derek Badger:


  3. #2
    Should Get Out More Weeksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Newbury/Didcot
    Posts
    56,518
    Like
    3,032
    Liked 10,906 in 6,163 posts

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    http://www.thebrucearms.com/location

    Ripon is in Wiltshire ?

    Main Street, West Tanfield. Ripon, North Yorkshire, HG4 5JJ

  4. #3
    Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    28,678
    Like
    2,881
    Liked 2,910 in 1,285 posts

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    http://www.thebrucearms.com/location

    Ripon is in Wiltshire ?

    Main Street, West Tanfield. Ripon, North Yorkshire, HG4 5JJ

    Wrong URL - I've edited the original.

    Easton Road, Easton Royal, Pewsey, Wiltshire SN9 5LR

  5. #4
    Should Get Out More Weeksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Newbury/Didcot
    Posts
    56,518
    Like
    3,032
    Liked 10,906 in 6,163 posts

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Badger View Post

    https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/En...dow_tree_farm/ allows large groups, open fires and has a pub 15min up the road.
    This is an adults-only site. Children under the age of 21 are not allowed on site.


    Erm, no then.

  6. The following user liked this post made by Weeksy:


  7. #5
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    16,888
    Like
    1,364
    Liked 3,869 in 2,378 posts

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Why not combine it with Weeksy's trackday extravaganza that's he's holding at Cadwell (whether he likes it or not)

  8. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:


  9. #6
    Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    28,678
    Like
    2,881
    Liked 2,910 in 1,285 posts

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    Why not combine it with Weeksy's trackday extravaganza that's he's holding at Cadwell (whether he likes it or not)
    We could do, I'm just throwing the idea out there.

  10. #7
    Should Get Out More RiceBurner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hiding in your blind spot...
    Posts
    15,262
    Like
    4,825
    Liked 1,659 in 972 posts

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Camping/trackday sounds like a good idea (I'd suggest the camping and bonfire happens after the trackday..... )


  11. #8
    Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    28,678
    Like
    2,881
    Liked 2,910 in 1,285 posts

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiceBurner View Post
    Camping/trackday sounds like a good idea (I'd suggest the camping and bonfire happens after the trackday..... )

    Where is the Cadwell thread?

  12. #9
    Should Get Out More The Martian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth...just visiting
    Posts
    31,951
    Like
    6,816
    Liked 3,933 in 2,268 posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    This is an adults-only site. Children under the age of 21 are not allowed on site.


    Erm, no then.
    I don't think they will be checking mental ages

  13. The following 2 users liked this useful post by The Martian:


  14. #10
    Should Get Out More 1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    JockLand
    Posts
    27,467
    Like
    932
    Liked 3,056 in 2,177 posts

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Badger View Post
    In light of recent events, would there be any interest in a summer camping meet up?

    I've been to the http://www.thebrucearms.net// before, and it's is a nice pub in Wiltshire with camping, but I don't believe you can have open fires.

    https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/En...dow_tree_farm/ allows large groups, open fires and has a pub 15min up the road.
    I have booked two group events this year. Dogs, kids and fires are deal breakers for us. What i have noticed the ones that say no fires tend to allow raised fire pits and chimeras so always worth an ask.
    Last edited by 1888; 02-10-19 at 06:57.

  15. #11
    Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    28,678
    Like
    2,881
    Liked 2,910 in 1,285 posts

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1888 View Post
    I have booked two group events this year. Dogs, kids and fires are deal breakers for us. What i have noticed the ones that say no fires tend to allow raised fire pits and chimeras so always worth an ask.
    If we do something in addition to the track day I'll try and find a more suitable location that allows bin lids and woofers.

  16. #12
    Should Get Out More GiantPygmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    22,532
    Like
    7,305
    Liked 6,005 in 3,196 posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    There's a great little pub in Wilcot near Pewsey, Wiltshire with a camp ground out the back, very friendly place (Chillit and Murcan may recall we stopped there for a pint on our mini Wiltshire rideout )

    http://www.thegoldenswan.co.uk/ - Should fit the bill

    My SiL has a farm near All Cannings, Wiltshire, if a field with a Portaloo will do, I'll have a word.

    EDIT - this sounds like an excuse for some reconnaissance.

  17. The following 3 users liked this useful post by GiantPygmy:


  18. #13
    Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    28,678
    Like
    2,881
    Liked 2,910 in 1,285 posts

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    There's a great little pub in Wilcot near Pewsey, Wiltshire with a camp ground out the back, very friendly place (Chillit and Murcan may recall we stopped there for a pint on our mini Wiltshire rideout )

    http://www.thegoldenswan.co.uk/ - Should fit the bill

    My SiL has a farm near All Cannings, Wiltshire, if a field with a Portaloo will do, I'll have a word.

    EDIT - this sounds like an excuse for some reconnaissance.
    Awesome.

  19. The following user liked this post made by Derek Badger:


  20. #14
    Should Get Out More Noggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    French Alps, La Plagne Dahrlink!
    Posts
    12,142
    Like
    18,143
    Liked 3,799 in 1,947 posts

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Badger View Post
    If we do something in addition to the track day I'll try and find a more suitable location that allows bin lids and woofers.

    Possibly firesurfing as well??

  21. The following user liked this post made by Noggin:


  22. #15
    Should Get Out More GiantPygmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    22,532
    Like
    7,305
    Liked 6,005 in 3,196 posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2020 Memorial Meet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Badger View Post
    Awesome.
    Murcan even photographed it...


    The camping ground is behind the pub, oh, and they've got a parrot.

    I reckon its a spot on venue.
    I'm happy to do a ride out and show people loads of white horses, Avebury circle, nice canal pubs etc, etc...

  23. The following 2 users liked this useful post by GiantPygmy:


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission